907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Another one, but this time post some of you favorite pictures that you have taken. I think this will be fun :smile:

I'll post a few of mine in a bit.

Okay, here is some of my favorite pictures from Maui at the beginning of the year.

I didn't take the last one, but I'm in it.

*EDIT* I just realized you can see my bald spot in the last picture :embarrassed:

I mainly take nature photos, but I mix in some action (soccer and golf) photography in there.

a.jpg

aa.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

This is a bad picture of a cool day on the course. This was a few months ago and I did not have my camera with me. I had to take this one with my blackberry. The light beaming through the clouds was really cool.

IMG00304.jpg

Damn, the pics are so small...

This is a bad picture of a cool day on the course. This was a few months ago and I did not have my camera with me. I had to take this one with my blackberry. The light beaming through the clouds was really cool.

IMG00304.jpg

JB, that looks amazing, I bet it looked even better in person

Just one of those days that you wish you had the camera with you. Thank goodness for camera phones atleast. It was so cool to see.

Just one of those days that you wish you had the camera with you. Thank goodness for camera phones atleast. It was so cool to see.

I bet it was.

Those are both amazing MO, I like them. The first is now one of my favorite pictures that I have ever seen :clapp:

Thanks 907, I would post up some others but unless a lot of people like drag racing they wouldn't be too interested.

Well I did take a few pictures in France this fall, here's my favorite(I think). This is was in Paris, since I'm an idiot I didn't document everything while it was fresh in my mind. I believe the building is the Institut de France, could be wrong on the spelling.
Paris024.jpg

Last edited:
HDR Photography

HDR Photography

Anyone ever mess with HDR Photography? I am trying a program called photomatix right now. It is the demo version hence the watermarks. Here are a few of my pictures that I have taken.

golfbag.jpg
[/IMG]

tahoe5.jpg
[/IMG]

tahoe7.jpg
[/IMG]

underporch.jpg
[/IMG]

I really like that last one. Very cool program.

Very cool touch. I take a ton of pictures, but nothing good enough to show off. Those look pretty cool.

Cool pics. If you enjoy HDR, you'd be better off using a program such as photoshop. HDR, allows a greaterdynamic range of luminancehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques. Basically, you take a series of pictures, mostly through exposure bracketing. This is a setting on most cameras that automatically takes a series of pictures, one at normal exposure and then 1,2, or 3 at exposures progressively lower and higher. You then load the pictures into the program and assemble your HDR image. Its easier than it sounds. The app is quick and easy and the pics cool in their own way but if you wanted to take a picture and have it look less cartoony then what I described is what your have to do. Google "HDR before and after" to see some of what can be done.

Cool pics. If you enjoy HDR, you'd be better off using a program such as photoshop. HDR, allows a greaterdynamic range of luminancehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques. Basically, you take a series of pictures, mostly through exposure bracketing. This is a setting on most cameras that automatically takes a series of pictures, one at normal exposure and then 1,2, or 3 at exposures progressively lower and higher. You then load the pictures into the program and assemble your HDR image. Its easier than it sounds. The app is quick and easy and the pics cool in their own way but if you wanted to take a picture and have it look less cartoony then what I described is what your have to do. Google "HDR before and after" to see some of what can be done.

What he said!

Never been a fan. Too fake most of the time. I only like very minimal HDR, just enough to bring out detail, not enough to look like it is no longer a photograph. I don't mess around with software, either, since my dSLR will do in-camera HDR pretty well on its own and I don't like much anyway. I rarely use it, but I do some, mostly in night shots, such as these from Epcot in Disney World:

France:
4650435239_9eb2e5bb20_z.jpg

China:
4650527009_a5e25323fe_z.jpg

Germany:
4650520831_d39e99a256_z.jpg

Mexico:
4651163166_fb0c0dc5a8_z.jpg

Other people love heavy HDR. To each their own. :)

it was windy in that France shot, right?
What camera do you have? That china picture is amazing! looks perfect.

I really like HDR, but not the overly heavy stuff.

If you enjoy HDR, you'd be better off using a program such as photoshop.

Photomatix is a much better program for HDR than Photoshop IMO - it doesn't have to be over the top!

Last edited:
it was windy in that France shot, right?
What camera do you have? That china picture is amazing! looks perfect.

I really like HDR, but not the overly heavy stuff.

Yeah, the France shot was breezy and a little overdone for my taste anyway. That's as far as I would take it personally.

And thanks, I was really happy with the China shot. That spot at night is one of my favorites in Epcot.

My camera is a Pentax K-7 (until I can replace the body with a K-5 - :desire:)

Photogs & Videogs

Photogs & Videogs

This past year, before my trip to Africa, I picked up photography as a new hobby.

I am not as much of a gearhead for photography, but I was curious if there where any other photogs here in the great THP nation... and what they were shooting.

Nikon 5100 w/ Rainbowimaging quick strap
Nikkor 35mm f1.8
Nikkor 12-200 f3.5-5.6
SB400 external flash

I plan on upgrading to the 7100 (7200?) that is due to come out this fall, but otherwise I am pretty well set.

What all do you shoot- and even more importantly... lets see some of your work!

A smiling face from a destitute village
Spoiler
303777_593026648041_6172813_n.jpg

UN Refuge Camp
Spoiler
301082_593024048251_7476469_n.jpg

A view over the atlantic
Spoiler
293668_593027411511_5836588_n.jpg

Curious Kids
Spoiler
304602_593025345651_4718059_n.jpg

I actually won a photo contest with this picture- one of my all time favorites
Spoiler
10829560-standard.jpg

Cleveland in the summer
Spoiler
268445_586510446561_365101_n.jpg

A friend of mine
Spoiler
261335_586511005441_1008900_n.jpg

Canon EOS Rebel, most often with an 85mm lens. I shoot mostly flora & fauna anymore, and "skyscapes" that I incorporate into digital paintings.

I self-pub'd a book back in 2009. See it here:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/606292

I haven't done much this past year, but hopefully will get back into it.

Back