Why do you live where you live?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some live where they are because its where they grew up. Others because of a job. Still others pick a place and call it their home. How about you?

For me, I was born in Boston. Moved with Family to FL when I was young. Went to school in Tallahassee, then moved to Tampa. Took a job in Indianapolis, then moved back to FL after that company was purchased. Then went to CT for a year. Quickly came back for the weather.

Born in Boston, still here. I graduated from college in 2007 and essentially never considered moving anywhere. Debt, and a key location here in the city has kept me at home. If I were offered the right job with a healthy increase in salary I would love to move down south. That is the plan for the future...

I was born and raised in the Northwest, I just recently moved to the greater Seattle area and can't seem to leave it. I lived in San Diego for a few months but it just wasn't for me. I love the NW and the strange weather it brings.

I was born in New York but moved to South Florida when I was quite young. Moved to Gainesville to go to college...GO GATORS!! Then moved to Tampa about 3 years ago. I like living in Florida, but I am always hot so I think I would do just fine in a cold weather climate.

Moved here when we got married. He owns the business, and I needed a career change. So I was the logical one to move.

Did my time, briefly, in the PNW. Tacoma. Loathed it.

I've steadily gone East. Raised in Southern California, I fled to Austin, Texas, then following graduate school found Washington, DC. That was 10 years ago. I remain in the District because my work is in the District. But I expect someday to make my way back to Austin, which is a fine golf town with a reasonable cost of living and no hurricane season.

Born here, lived here for my whole life.

I'd leave, but construction sucks everywhere else, we're still going pretty strong here.

Born in Jacksonville, FL. Dad's job took us to Jersey, then on to Arizona. Then back to J-ville. Here I am.

If it was up to me, I'd be in Jersey.

Born in Cincinnati... Moved to Palm Beach, FL when I was 19 to play pro volleyball... Clinton was elected and imposed a tax on import beers... Molson was our sponsor... tour folded... Moved back to Cincinnati and went to school... got a job after graduation... got sick of being an accountant and the cold weather... packed all my belongings into my car and headed south.

I still may not be far enough south.

Born in Cincinnati... Moved to Palm Beach, FL when I was 19 to play pro volleyball... Clinton was elected and imposed a tax on import beers... Molson was our sponsor... tour folded... Moved back to Cincinnati and went to school... got a job after graduation... got sick of being an accountant and the cold weather... packed all my belongings into my car and headed south.

I still may not be far enough south.

Whatever you do, don't go to Key West. Worst place I've ever been to.

I like Key West Floppy. Great food and relaxation.

I was born in Wichita, KS. Family moved to Des Moines when I was four; Kansas City, KS when I was six. I've been in the general area ever since except for two years when I went to Pittsburg State University (in Kansas) for college. I lived in this area for about 20 years before moving back to the house I live in now in 2003 (I say "back" because it was the house I lived in from 1969 til I graduated high school and for a few years, off and on after college). I bought out my brother and sister after our mom died and own the house outright now (except for the HELOC we got to do the remodel). Still looking for a move to the Bay Area soon; just waiting for the job market to get better out west. If we end up staying in this area, the plan is to buy three to five acres around 30 to 40 miles outside of KC Metro area.

Born and raised in the Kansas City area. I would like to move someplace warmer but my wife's family is all in this area so it isn't happening.

I was one of the first people born in the Alaska Native Medical Center here in Anchorage. Was put up for adoption, half my siblings are in the lower 48, but I got stuck here in Anchorage. My mom has a very good job as an Accounting Controller for an Oil Field Contractor, so were not moving any where. But! For the next 2 years I'll be living in Oregon with my aunt, going to school, playing high school and getting 9-11 months of golf! :banana:

I like Key West Floppy. Great food and relaxation.

I guess it's just not a place for people who are under 21. I thought the food was very mediocre. Margaritaville was terrible...so was a lot of others. Only good food I had the entire trip was Angelina's Pizza...

Father was Air Force so I have lived in Louisiana, New York, Germany, & Florida before my Dad retired here 20+ years ago. I have moved around this area but always stayed pretty close to my folks. I like the area, great friends, family, the temp stays pretty moderate year round, and there is a lot of entertainment. I could easily relocate if I needed to, but until then I'll enjoy my time here.

Grew up in Arizona and after getting into the golf business I started moving around (Wyoming, Idaho and Washington) before deciding that it was time to come back to Arizona. Don't think that I will leave at least for awhile, unless that 6 figure job comes along and they need me to move.

... mom and dad have yet to kick me out of Boston yet

I guess it's just not a place for people who are under 21. I thought the food was very mediocre. Margaritaville was terrible...so was a lot of others. Only good food I had the entire trip was Angelina's Pizza...

I have to agree with floppy here. Been there done that, didn't see anything interesting.. although I do recall a "Ripley's Beleive it Or Not" Museum?

I have lived in Manitoba my whole life, only move I made was just about a 45 min drive across town to get closer to the rest of my family. Weather sucks, don't come here.

Weather sucks, don't come here.

I love the season changes here, and the major weather changes are something you get used to. If your a golfer however... stay away at all costs!

Back