UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - June 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago we kicked off this amazing monthly drawing and this continues for June, the THP & UST Shaft Spectacular. Each month two lucky THPers get the tour treatment as 2016 continues to #ChangeTheGame. For those looking at what this is all about, check out the Live Update Thread from the February edition and see the surprises. Or here for the March thread and see the surprises.

When & Where
June 24th & 25th
They will be happening every month through July
UST HQ in DFW, TX

Cost & What's Included
There is no cost at all to you, outside of your traveling expenses (airfare, hotel, etc). Your days there are on THP & UST and that is complete with all of the below.
Tour the UST Facility
Test Product on Launch Monitor
Get fit for new product
Equipment involved (so far here is what we have seen)
Round of Golf
And much much more

Itinerary
Friday - 6/24
Tour UST Mamiya
Equipment & Shaft Talk & Education
Lunch
Fitting
Dinner

Saturday - 6/25
Golf

How To Get Involved
Getting to be a part of this special program will be by sign up each month in the respective threads. Your 2016 Albatross Club membership is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

It Said Equipment What Does That Mean
It changes every month and the program will be different every month. One month it might be all about the driver, the next month it could be irons and so on. It will be a surprise when you walk through the door and are greeted by THP & UST and you never know what will be included. The only thing we can say on this is, prepare to be surprised and no two months will ever be the same in their entirety. We have seen new Callaway drivers given away, new Miura wedges and so much more.

Signing Up
All you have to do is signup in this thread and let us know that you want to be a part of this amazing couple of days and why. Please also include this information.
Your Current Shafts in each club in your bag

Good luck everybody

Would love to learn about UST/Mamiya driver and wedge shaft options to possibly update my bag if they are as good as the recoil iron shafts.

Driver - Project X LZ 6.0
Fairway - Project X LZ 6.0
Hybrid - Project X LZ 6.0
Irons - UST/Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F4
Wedge - Project X 6.0 Steel
Putter - Standard Steel

Absolutely everything I have is stock and off the rack when it comes to the shaft. The only "change" I had is that my Irons are +2 deg (green dot) Would love to learn more about shafts and how it can help my game.

Driver: Ping G30 10° Stock TFC 419D R Flex
Fairway: Callaway XR 3w 15° Stock Project X 6.0 S Flex
Hybrid: Ping G30 4h 22° G30 5h 26° Stock TFC 419H R Flex
Irons: Ping i25 5-PW Stock KBS S Flex
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Blade RTX 50° 54° 60° Stock TrueTemper Dynamic Gold

I want to win the June UST Mamiya trip!!! I am ready to provide great coverage of the event!!!! No doubt!
Driver: House of Forged 49 shaft, 47", X stiff
3 Metal: Diamana D+ 82X, 43.5"
Hybrids: Tour AD-DI 85X, +1"
Irons: TT XP 95, S300, +1"
Wedges: TT DG, S400, +1"
Putter: SeeMore stock shaft, 38"

Date doesn't work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to be apart of this. After seeing what a true fitting by someone who actually knows what they are doing it really blows my mind. I've seen first hand that when fitted properly that it can help eliminate that miss a person was having and at lest keep the ball in play to save strokes.
Driver- UST Elements Chrome +
Fairway- Matrix Speed Rulz
Irons- KBS Ctaper lites
Wedges- Stock vokey shafts
Putter- Stock odyssey shaft

Good luck everyone, I'm on daddy duty that weekend. Unless GG wants to watch them if I get in?!

I misread the date, I'm actually not going to be able to signup. How do I remove that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh heck yes!!! Been waiting desperately for another chance at this one, UST is killing it in these and a fitting at the hands of them along with the education would be KILLER. Fact of the matter is its nearby and with a group in Danny and Lindsay that are as passionate as they come toward not just UST but THP as well. This one would be epic.

DR - UST Attas T2
3W - PX HC LZ 71g 6.5
HW - PX HC LZ 81g 6.5
4H - Fuji Speeder H90 X
5H - Fuji Speeder H90 X
IR - PX PXi 6.5
W - PX PXi 6.0
P - UST FF Putter

Last edited:
I misread the date, I'm actually not going to be able to signup. How do I remove that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I edited your post.

Looking forward to seeing who makes the trip next month, Danny is a magician and UST loves having us there!!

Ready for my final chance to get in this event! I would love to be a part of this I can learn a lot from the Shaft Yoda himself. Spent a little time with him recently. Enough to know I need to learn a lot more.

Driver - Speedrulz 50 Red Stiff I wanted to try a little lighter shaft than my Speeder 665

Fairway woods - Speeder 665 Stock shaft and seems to work well. Cut 1.25" to be more like a 2 hybrid

Hybrids - Stock Project X and seem to suit me fine. Like a slightly heavier shaft like these than is offered in some hybrids.

Irons - Recoil 110 F4s. Love the shaft, and started using them after dealing with elbow issue.

Wedges - KBS Tour V125 stick that came with wedges. But want to transition to Recoil 125.

Putter - Stock Scotty shaft

Damn this will be a fun one, too bad I'm in Regional Rivalry or I'd throw my hat in the ring.

I look forward to seeing what UST has in store for the two lucky THPers in June. It's been a fantastic few months of UST Mamiya helping us learn how they can help us throughout the bag. Can't wait to see what they have for us this time.

After seeing how Danny was able to fit the reovirus participants I would love to go through that process and also learn more about UST and their full line of offerings

Driver - Oban Hanshimoto 65G S
3W - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 50G S
Apex 3Hy - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80HY
Apex 5Hy - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80 HY
Apex 6-AW UST Recoil 780 ES F4
MD3 wedges- True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
Putter - ? Stock odyssey steel shaft

Edit: wouldn't be able to make it after all. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Despite it working against my own hopes for this one....

COME ON PEOPLE THIS IS A CRAZY SPECIAL EXPERIENCE! And Free!

Despite it working against my own hopes for this one....

COME ON PEOPLE THIS IS A CRAZY SPECIAL EXPERIENCE! And Free!

I know. Just go back and read the awesomeness Danny and Lindsey put together and it's one hell of a ride.... Oh, and it's FREE!!!

I'll be busy beating #TeamNE with my NY guys that weekend :alien: , but hopefully I can enter for July!

Good luck everyone. I'll be representing team NY/NJ that weekend so I can't make it. Hope July's dates work for me.

Wish I could enter, too many scheduled meetings!!! UST has knocked these out of the park, good luck to everyone who enters.

Hopefully this will be my first of many THP events that I'm apart of. The reason I would like to be apart of this event is due in part that I know it will have a longer lasting benefit for me as I grow as a golfer.
When I started playing 3 years ago I was playing regular shafts and never had been fitted for shafts for my swings. Now that I know what I need I want to maximize my game with knowing the specs for my type of swing to elevate my game to the next level.

Also I work around the corner from UST headquarters so travel to location won't be a problem.

my current shafts:

Driver: Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ White 70X
3 wood: Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage 70S
Hybrid: Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ White 90S
Irons: True Temper Dynalite 105S
Wedges: Dynamic Gold S400
Putter: True Temper

Couldn't sign up for last month's Shaft Spectacular due to a conflict, but, I'm all over it this month. I would dearly love to visit UST and meet Danny, have some fun, and learn a lot from the master along the way.

In my bag:

Driver: Aldila Rogue Silver 60R
Fairway: Project X LZ Regular
Hybrid: Matrix (for TaylorMde) 65 R
Irons: Graphite Design 73i Regular
Wedges: SCOR/UST Mamiya Genius 9
Putter: True Temper steel (for Odyssey)

I can't swing the dates but I will happily follow along with the goodness given to others.

If you are even considering signing up, do NOT hesitate. Just do It! You couldn't possibly regret it.

Back