Lamkin Z5 Grips - THP Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
UPDATE!!! REVIEW IS NOW UP ON THE HOMEPAGE AND CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/lamkin-z5-grips-review/

In for review to the Oklahoma branch of THP is one that I have been eagerly awaiting since catching a glimpse of one some time ago, Lamkin's new Z5 grip line.

Featuring all of Lamkin's technology combined into one multi-material grip the Z5 features five different zones of texture, designed to offer functionality AND feel in a multi-compound grip design.

With the wild success of the UTx, there is clearly going to be a lot of curiosity here and we will be diving in for a full review, Lamkin sent into THP the media pack so we could get a plethora of information to share with people as well as some shafted sample grips so that detailed pictures could be taken. We will be receiving a set in for review soon and when they come in I will be installing them and getting this one rolling. But, there is plenty of discussion to be had still until then.

Information about the Z5 Grips from Lamkin:

The new Z5 from Lamkin features five distinctive grip zones scientifically engineered to promote proper hand placement and the ideal light-pressure grip with every swing. The grip's multi-compound foundation is combined with a functional network of textures and patterns to deliver enhanced grip comfort, control, and consistency.

Features and Benefits:

• An intricate horizontal pattern and cotton cord weave in the upper zones (Zone 1 and 2) for exceptional traction and slip-free confidence in all weather conditions.
  • The middle zones (Zone 3) of the grip include FingerLock panels designed to secure a golfer's thumb in a consistent, secure position with every swing.
  • Shallow micro-texture in the bottom zones (Zone 4 and 5) provide a smoother and more comfortable feel in the non-glove lower hand.
  • Functional alignment references promote a proper and repeatable grip at set-up.
  • Made with a highly durable proprietary compound designed for maximum torsion control and shot feedback.
  • For players who prefers a smoother grip feel, the Z5 can be installed in a logo-down position for a softer and more uniform feel.

In-Hand Images (More in the following post):

DSC_0165-XL.jpg

DSC_0166-XL.jpg

DSC_0183-XL.jpg

DSC_0184-XL.jpg

DSC_0186-XL.jpg

DSC_0189-XL.jpg

DSC_0190-XL.jpg

DSC_0191-XL.jpg

DSC_0192-XL.jpg

Last edited:
  • Staff
Additional In-Hand Images:

DSC_0167-XL.jpg

DSC_0168-XL.jpg

DSC_0169-XL.jpg

DSC_0170-XL.jpg

DSC_0171-XL.jpg

DSC_0172-XL.jpg

DSC_0174-XL.jpg

DSC_0175-XL.jpg

DSC_0176-XL.jpg

DSC_0177-XL.jpg

DSC_0178-XL.jpg

These look absolutely great. And the blue is calling to me. Can't wait for your thoughts.

Really like the looks and features of these and am really looking forward to your thoughts James.

Really like the thumb feature. Pretty cool! I'm thinking that by the time I wear out my Master version of the UTx, the Masters edition of these will be coming out

• Staff
Yeah, in hand they are really way better than I anticipated based on pics. I think I did the pics justice though with putting to bed the question of cord or no cord in the first couple zones, its there for sure.

Was very cool that they came in on steel, really made for a WAY better feel appraisal as well as for the pics.

Saw the Lamkin tweet on these today. Being a Lamkin homer, I am very interested to hear more on these. They Look GREAT!

JM

Yeah, in hand they are really way better than I anticipated based on pics. I think I did the pics justice though with putting to bed the question of cord or no cord in the first couple zones, its there for sure.

Was very cool that they came in on steel, really made for a WAY better feel appraisal as well as for the pics.

The macro shots did a great job of showing how much cord is in there. Doesn't look like a super rough cord, but should add some grip. That seems about perfect to me.

Solid pics there James, good job on capturing the details.

Pics turned out great Jman. Really can't wait to hear how these perform.
I believe I've found my next set of grips.

2062f01f5c512ee3d642a21d477e758d.png

This pic here is enough for me to heavy ponder the switch

Great pics, James! I really interested in your thoughts on this grip line.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Great pictures James. I can see me throwing a set on my my clubs

Great pics, really shows the details on these James.

I'll be looking forward to the updates and final review!

Jman- Interesting that these came pre-installed on half-shafts. Will you be able to put these on actual clubs for some on course testing?

Green and white and I would order multiple sets

Great pics. Very interesting grip. The thumb zone is interesting for sure. I usually install grips logo down but I guess I'll see when I get some in hand

Green and white and I would order multiple sets

They said on Facebook that they'll have them out later this year.

Great pics James. Looking forward to your review.

I definitely want to get these on my clubs also in the green.

I think my biggest takeaway though is that if you install them logo down they play softer, not many people will know that I wonder if that may turn people on/off depending on how they like their grips.

Jman- Interesting that these came pre-installed on half-shafts. Will you be able to put these on actual clubs for some on course testing?
Mentioned it in the OP but we do have a full set on the way. The media pack was simply a great opportunity to get HQ in hand picturea and a ton of information up prior to their arrival.

The big question is, what will they go on. Haha

Great pics. Very interesting grip. The thumb zone is interesting for sure. I usually install grips logo down but I guess I'll see when I get some in hand
Alex mentioned it from the OP, but they actually are designed to play softer when logo down. Pretty nifty thinking on their part imo.

There is just something about the blue ones.

These really have my interest. I can't wait to try them when they come out.

Back