Michael Vick spending spree

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He should have gotten longer. It is horrible what he did to those poor dogs.
Did anyone catch the 2 hour episode on Animal Planet about how they rehab'd most of his dogs? SOme very tragic, sick things, but most of the dogs ended up being alright.

Vick was "privelaged" growing up, there may have not been a lot of cash in his pocket but he was far from poor. He spent his money like it wasn't going to run out and had it not been for his involvement in the dog fighting ring it wouldn't have. I hear it on our local news all the time about his stuff getting repo'd.

I do have a question though for those outside of this area. With all the attention Vick has brought to my area, what is your impression of what it is like. Do you think it farm land and poor people?? Or something else based on the impressions the media has shown you??? I remember Whoopi Goldberg saying that he is from is the "deep south" and dog fighting is normal here.

Hell look at the attention he brought to my area as well. He just needs to go away, and stay outta the news. Media in Atlanta just will not let this story die no matter what.

Hell look at the attention he brought to my area as well. He just needs to go away, and stay outta the news. Media in Atlanta just will not let this story die no matter what.

At least you got a pretty solid replacement QB, I am getting a little tired of the Vick talk considering he grew up about 10 mins from me and went to school with some of the young bucks I hang with.

I do have a question though for those outside of this area. With all the attention Vick has brought to my area, what is your impression of what it is like. Do you think it farm land and poor people?? Or something else based on the impressions the media has shown you??? I remember Whoopi Goldberg saying that he is from is the "deep south" and dog fighting is normal here.

I actually hear dogfighting is really big in the East Coast right now. I've honestly never associated it with the Deep South. Michael Vick and all the other stories from the NFL say way more about our athlete culture than Southern culture, to me. Most football players don't even play where they're from, anyway.

I actually hear dogfighting is really big in the East Coast right now. I've honestly never associated it with the Deep South. Michael Vick and all the other stories from the NFL say way more about our athlete culture than Southern culture, to me. Most football players don't even play where they're from, anyway.

My point being, look up Newport News VA on a map(lived there for 5 years), it is hardly the "deep South"....barely below the Mason Dixon. We are a densely populated area, pretty much the same as most big cities as far as population minus the sky scrapers. I have never seen or heard of any dog fighting(minus the Vick case), in this area.

Back