JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently I switched over to Firefox from Internet Explorer due to some crashing issues that I was having. I immediately thought to myself, "Why did I not do this sooner"? What a great browser. For any of you guys using it, any issues that I should look for?

I'm using FF also, the only issue I've had is downloading some plug-ins that are required to view flash. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it, a lot less issues than IE.

Not too many. Since it's open source, some argue that it's got security leaks (I never experienced any when I was using it)

The extensions are forkin' awesome!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

• Admin
Thanks guys. So far so good.
I love some of those addons Gummi. I was sent those by a friend yesterday.

I've been on FF for quite a while now (version 1.5 I think was when I came on board). You should find it to be very stable and it's great that you can add extensions to increase functionality. I like the following add-ons:

AdBlock Plus
Cookie Culler
IE Tab (for those few sites that refuse to work outside of IE)
NoScript
Foxmarks

These are not all I use, but they are a good base to start with.

Thanks Gummi, that may explain the issues I've been having downloading the plug-ins. I usually just pull up Explorer if it's something I want to see and Firefox isn't showing it.

Coding websites 8 hours a day, FireFox is the preferred browser of all my developers and all the ones I know. Some are playing with Chrome, but I don't care for it (yet).

If you haven't added the Web Developer Add-on, it's the best thing since sliced bread (even if you aren't developing sites).

I've used FF for about six years now. No issues yet.

Back