Top 10 stories for 2008

knightgolf

Fairways & Greens
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got Golf Worlds list of Newsmakers for 2008.

I think they got some wrong

Here's my 10

1. Tiger wins open on one leg.
2. Norman leads at British Open
3. Finally a Ryder Cup win
4. Harrington wins two majors
5. Tilgham should be gone
6. Annika retirement
7. Rule 78
8. Drug testing
9. Villegas or Garcia
10. Fed Ex Cup (who cares)

One or two otehrs.

Wie does nothing and has to get card.
Language issues on LPGA.

One or two otehrs.

Wie does nothing and has to get card.
Language issues on LPGA.

i just noticed JB, you have a lot of good different brands in your bag.

Thanks. I do like many different brands.

Just got Golf Worlds list of Newsmakers for 2008.

I think they got some wrong

Here's my 10

1. Tiger wins open on one leg.
2. Norman leads at British Open
3. Finally a Ryder Cup win
4. Harrington wins two majors
5. Tilgham should be gone
6. Annika retirement
7. Rule 78
8. Drug testing
9. Villegas or Garcia
10. Fed Ex Cup (who cares)

Alot of those are great stories... but the Tiger win (ok brace yourself) doesnt impress me all that much. I went three years with a completely shredded acl and meniscus. After the first few months and the swelling and pain went away I could do everything just like normal. Of course my knee would completely pop out of place every so often but I learned how to put it back in place.

Alot of those are great stories... but the Tiger win (ok brace yourself) doesnt impress me all that much. I went three years with a completely shredded acl and meniscus. After the first few months and the swelling and pain went away I could do everything just like normal. Of course my knee would completely pop out of place every so often but I learned how to put it back in place.

even with two broken bones too???....sorry had to ask

Stress fractures are different than broken bones.

But can be just as painful.

Just curious Tin. Did you prepare and play in the US Open on the bad knee?:sarcastic:

Personally, the biggest story of 2008 was my wife making a Birdie AND a Par in her first round ever.

Not personally, the Ryder Cup win has to top the list.

That's funny Small. My wife also made a par on her first round. I couldn't believe it.

Stress fractures are different than broken bones.

I hear where you are coming from, but in my 36 years it is the most impressive thing I have seen. I remember seeing him in obvious pain and thinking he was going to throw in the towel any time but he kept on. I am a little biased being a huge Tiger fan, but it is pretty special and will be viewed as something special in years to come.

That's funny Small. My wife also made a par on her first round. I couldn't believe it.

I was waiting for her to make a hole-in-one this year. She actually came withing a couple of feet a few times. I would never have forgiven her for getting one when I have never had one! At least that's what I told her, she knows I was really hoping she got one.

Back