Courses in your Area

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the courses in your area that you most want to play but have not had the opportunity yet?

What are the courses in your area that you most want to play but have not had the opportunity yet?

This is an early, early thread on THP and I bet it gets lots more responses this time around.

For me the course near here that I would like to play and never have is The Honors Course https://www.honorscourse.net/Home.aspx

I could have gotten on if I had worked the USGA Senior Women's Am Championshop last summer four half-days. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Good idea lefty. I cleaned the thread up since it got slightly sidetracked. Love to hear what people have to say on this.

I've yet to play the Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club even though it's only 30 minutes from me. This is where the PGA Event was played last time it was in Vancouver. The players on the PGA Tour ranked it their 7th favorite course on tour that year right after Colonial and Muirfield Village.

http://www.shaughnessy.org/

I was forced to pass up an opportunity to play TPC River Highlands last summer, which is in the next town over from me and the home of the Travelers championship.

A very nice course that I could never afford to play on my own - I'd love to try it sometime.

Ken

Probably Trump natl in West Palm Beach, The Breakers resort, the dream course would be The Bears Club in Jupiter.

I live a few minutes from Merion and pass it on the way to and from work, so that's on my list. There are also a number of private courses that are on my short list, including Pine Valley, Aronominck, Gulph Mills and Huntingdon Valley. Public course-wise, I've played most, but on the list are Shawnee on the Delaware, Tilinghast's first design, and Back Creek down in Newark, DE.

I haven't played Stone Canyon yet, and it is one of our sister courses. Need to get that done.

I haven't played Stone Canyon yet, and it is one of our sister courses. Need to get that done.

Played it this past Saturday, get there. AWESOME shape, best the greens have been all year.

Luckily where I work has some benefits. Looking forward to crossing Pine Valley and Merion East off sometime in the next 12 mos.

Pelican Hill, the courses at PGA West, Torrey Pines, and La Costa. All within a 2 hour drive, and all require a mental commitment and $$ commitment.

In Ottawa proper (I live about 30 minutes outside). The last course designed by both Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Sr. http://marshesgolfclub.com/pages/virtualTour.html

Supposed to be the best course in the area. Water in play on over 2/3s of the holes :(

For me it's a course called Fallen Oak that's a little over the state line in MS. It's a top 100 course that hosts a champions tour event.

Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee is the one pubic course that's been on my list for a long time. It's a Crenshaw design and I really love his work. Have got to get out there one day.

That looks awesome.

They claim its virtually impossible to get on there without some pull and its only a couple hours west of my house. I've also heard its been a past favorite getaway of Michael Jordans and several other big name athletes.

I have had several opportunities to play the courses at the Homestead, but never closed the deal. Really need to one day!

Back