GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Tell me about your favorite stand up acts? I recently got the chance to go see Jim Gaffigan. For those that do not know him, it is a must listen. He is so funny that it blew me away. How this guy does not have his own HBO special is crazy.

So far this year, I have gone to see:
Bill Cosby - Still a great one
Larry The Cable Guy- I was in tears and I didnt think I was going to like it.
Andrew Dice Clay- He can still Bring it.
Jim Gaffigan- I too saw him based on my fiancee wanting to go. His stuff on Bacon is some of the best out there.

But my favorite out there right now is Carlos Mencia. I just love his stuff.

Tell me about your favorite stand up acts? I recently got the chance to go see Jim Gaffigan. For those that do not know him, it is a must listen. He is so funny that it blew me away. How this guy does not have his own HBO special is crazy.

"Hot Pocket" "Caliente Pocket"

Gaffigan is a hoot. My favorite recent comic was Mitch Hedberg, who overdosed a few years ago. That was a waste, he was funny as hell.

Jeff Dunham!

To this day we quote Achmed the Terrorist. :terror:

Last edited:
Lewis Black

Kathleen Madigan

Mitch Hedberg

Any of the Blue Collar guys

Rodney Carrington

Brian Reegan,... very funny, very gifted at visual humor.
Bobby Slaten,... make Dice Clay look like a choir boy,...
But, I love the Dice Man,... his was one of the best 'big' shows I'd seen back when he was hot.

Bobby Slaten was good back in the day.

Jeff Dunham!

To this day we quote Achmed the Terrorist. :terror:

Julie has it right, Jeff Dunham is the best.

SILENCE...... I KILL YOU!!!

And about Jim Gaffigan, he doesn't do much for me. One of my friends showed me his hot pocket act, and to tell you the truth, I didn't laugh at all. It could have been the fact that I love Hot Pockets, and I eat 2 or 3 everyday (I home-school, mom's not home and I have to eat) But I have not seen any of his other stuff, so I can't really accurately say wether I like him or not.

Watch Gaffigans bit on bacon
or his bit on people that dont watch tv

Will do.

We were going to watch the bacon one, but my friends mom said it was time to get off and go to bed.

Before anyone says anything I will say it was 3 AM

Louis CK. His standup kills me.

Thanks Girlie, I giggle every time I see that. :D

That song is greatness. He recorded that at the Majestic Theatre here in Dallas (which is a fantastic venue)

Last edited:
i pretty much just watch gallagher, can't get enough of his smashing watermelons

[youtube]bokq7t2aIWc[/youtube]

Jim Gaffigan on Indiana, Bottled Water and Mexican Food:

[YOUTUBE]bO9FHNNbbBI[/YOUTUBE]

Dave Attel - Skanks for the Memories

"I have this little nickname when I'm at the airport... RANDOM BAG SEARCH. I was told I look to threatening. What am I supposed to go around with a hello kitty bag? I'm going on the fly fly!

How did these terrorist get in anyways? Couldn't they tell when they called to make a reservation? Allalalalalalalalalala I'd like to make a reservation... haha one way, inside joke! My name? Allalalalalalalalalal JOE, J as in Jihad, O as in overthrow your government..."

I was on the floor at work! Hillarious

www.imeem.com, it's free to join and they have full albums you can listen to. Search Dave Attel under playlists and "Skanks for the Memories" will come up

I've seen the following and enjoyed them all:

Bill Cosby(still funny as hell)
George Carlin(RIP)
Ron White(never laughed so hard)
Dave Chappelle(twice, met him the last time he was here)
Gallagher(so much more than smashing watermelons)
Tommy Chong(of Cheech and Chong fame, at a small comedy club!! met him too)

I truely enjoy stand up comedy live.

Okay, I just watched the "Jeff Dunham Christmas Special" on Comedy Central.

Ummmm, yeah. Not so much.

Okay, I just watched the "Jeff Dunham Christmas Special" on Comedy Central.

Ummmm, yeah. Not so much.

Naw, you have to see the regular Jeff Dunham before the holiday special, or it won't make any sense.

I tried to find the classic Jerry O'Connell parody of the Tom Cruise rant. It used to break me up everytime I watched it. Unfortunately, it looks like it's been removed. It looks like there's some weird behind the scenes stuff that has been going on there.

I've pasted a take-off using the same script of J.O'C. Unfortunately, not quite as funny. Enjoy anyway.

[YOUTUBE]nWSlPYV_U7w[/YOUTUBE]

This one's not bad.

[YOUTUBE]yFKgZ8ELO1I[/YOUTUBE]

Wish I could find the Jerry O'Connell original.

I saw Doug Benson this past weekend. Holy S@%T, that guy had me in tears all night.

He was on Last Comic Standing wasn't he? (Doug Bensen). If that's the guy, he is funny.

He was OK but so much of his routine was about his disability it got old real quick.

Back