Laem Chabang Golf Course Thailand

four!

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have an opportunity to golf at this course?

I golfed at Laem Chabang golf course a little over a year ago and I must say it was quite amazing from the scenery to the caddies. The course requires a caddie and they drive the cart as well as wash your balls to providing guidence on distance etc. This is fairly typical of a caddie but they all were thai women and dressed in a funny yellow outfit.

The cost for a round with a caddie was around $150 as I recall so not too pricey. If I can find the pictures I will post..

Regards

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP! :clapp:

I have never played that course but it sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

I played in Thailand in Bangkok in August 2008: Muang Kaew Golf Club and Bangkok Golf Club. If you get the chance, definitely play if you get to Thailand.

Really a great experience -- well maintained courses, great locker rooms (be sure to use them) with massages ($12/hour), great restaurants (inexpensive, good food), good weather (too hot) and of course the caddies. Even the 4 or so food stations on the course were wonderful -- sushi, hot food.

The caddies are really great. All courses have a brightly colored uniform, usually long sleeved, long pants and a large brimmed bonnet (very sunny). Generally young women, almost always very pretty. They know the course, know the greens. They track your ball, drive your cart, provide shade umbrella, repair the course for you. Most speak English; often Japanese and Korean. The best part IMHO is providing your own personal cheering section. Tipping is a bit vague. Generally 200-300 baht ($6-9) per caddie charged at the pro shop. I do not know how much actually goes to the caddie. My impression is anywhere from 500-1000 baht ( $15-30) is typical.

From the locals I got the impression that the biggest issue was trying to pass slower groups. I did not have that issue. They allow up to 6somes. And if you include up to 3 caddies per player (typical limit), you could be looking at 24 people in the group in front of you. Talk about foot traffic on the greens.

Welcome to THP MK. Great info on the course.

I did not make it to Laeam Chabang while in Thailand. I did get the opportunity to play Siam Country Club's Old course and Plantation Course. It was a little over $100 U.S. the caddies were amazing; after three holes she stoped asking what club I wanted and just handed me the right club every time. They know every inch of the greens and how they break, there were several occasions I didn't believe her read yet she was right every time.:clapp:

Back