Hopkins Golf VL Pro Golf Balls

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
528e98ed0e043ball_front.jpg

The VL Pro is a 3-piece golf ball along the lines of the Titleist NXT Tour, Taylor Made RocketBallz and Callaway HEX Chrome. It has an aerodynamic dimple design, USGA approval, is white, round, and performs as good or better than these other balls. What it doesn't have is expensive packaging or a retail mark-up so a dozen is about ten bucks cheaper. And, as always, we'll ship it to you for free.

Price is $19.99, including shipping. More info here >>> http://hopkinsgolf.com/select-product.php?product_id=282

[h=1]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
HOPKINSGOLF OFFERS GOLF BALLS[/h]NEWPORT BEACH, CA - March 14, 2014 – Hopkins Golf is proud to offer a new line of golf balls in addition to its wedges. After a successful test market on balls during the first quarter of 2014, Hopkins is now selling three-piece golf balls called VL PRO™.

"Our direct to consumer business model is perfect for golf balls," said Greg Hopkins, Chairman and CEO. "Comparable balls sell for around $30 per dozen. Ours are just $19 and the shipping is free."

The VL PRO™ is a three-piece golf ball with a Surlyn cover designed to be long off the tee and medium-soft around the greens.

The marketing campaign for the balls is interesting as well. "We've Got Balls" is prominently displayed in email, print and TV ads. Click We've Got Balls to view the TV commercial and click HopkinsGolf.com to view the new golf balls. Bulk discounts are also available.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its as good as it says at that price point it should sell with no issues.

Really interesting. This sounds like a perfect thing for a forum testing. Be right back.

• Staff
Really interesting. This sounds like a perfect thing for a forum testing. Be right back.

Was hoping you'd say that. Great idea.

Now THIS is something I can get behind :beauty:

LOVE what they are trying to accomplish.

I just got that email from Hopkins also. I like how they are positioning themselves in terms of price point to attract early adopters. Not a big NXT Tour or TM fan, but liked the One RZN & Hex Chrome. Most of this year I played the B330-RXS & Chrome +, but that was because I loved the spin around the greens. At this price point I'm going to buy some & compare. .

"Fancy Meaningless Name" ha!

I wonder how these would compare to a 2 piece urethane covered ball that costs $5 more.

Since I finally got around to ordering those wedges, I would be super interested in these. Hmm.

I just placed my order so would be happy to share my thoughts once I get them in.

Serious potential...

FYI - these qualify for the 20% off sale they are running through next Monday according to the email I got.

I like the sounds of that.

And at that price point I think it appeals to a huge audience!

Seriously... 16 bucks a dozen right now. So tempted to stock a dozen

I find this very interesting as a Canadian as many times I cannot find the great prices on balls Americans have. But $20 a dozen for a 3 piece thats a steal, I paid that for a Dozen Srixon Soft Feel the summer.

Being a big fan of the Chrome and NXT but not loving the price, I'd give 'em a whirl.

Guessing a thin surlyn cover, but would love to see some more specs on the website.

I got this email and immediately hopped on THP. Not surprised there is already a thread or that JB working on procuring testers. I am not going to jump on the wagon just yet but I will be watching these closely. Good news is I can get some great feedback from folks in warmer climates while my clubs are stuck in the garage for the winter.

Looking forward to thoughts and comparisons!

I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of the way you said this.

Very interesting about the ball, and as others have said, if it performs as well as they think, then should be a no brainer at that price.

Also wondering if their "no risk playability guarantee" covers balls. Hit it and don't like it? Send em back?

If I didn't have 12 dozen Hex Chrome+ already I would order a few dozen with that discounted price.

Hmm I might have to give these a go this next season.

Sounds like the perfect thing to test. I would love to test them with the set of Hopkins wedges that I just ordered on Monday.

Hopkins balls? Interesting.

I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of the way you said this.

Very interesting about the ball, and as others have said, if it performs as well as they think, then should be a no brainer at that price.

Also wondering if their "no risk playability guarantee" covers balls. Hit it and don't like it? Send em back?

pulled this from the email
"And, like all Hopkins Golf products, shipping is always free and you can return them within 30 days and get your money back if they don't meet your expectations. Trust us, you'll feel better the first time you slice one into oblivion. It'll be lost in the same place as a four dollar tour ball but it will have cost you less than two bucks."

And done.
Stay tuned.

pulled this from the email
"And, like all Hopkins Golf products, shipping is always free and you can return them within 30 days and get your money back if they don't meet your expectations. Trust us, you'll feel better the first time you slice one into oblivion. It'll be lost in the same place as a four dollar tour ball but it will have cost you less than two bucks."

That is the quote of the week right there.

Back