Tourney Golf Apparel Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Dean.

Curious how Global Golf got the license for the Tourney label. I like it when older labels come back too. The sizing options for the tops is a good range. The pricepoints are fantastic too - $60 for two pairs of shorts is really good.

Styling is a simple elegance which is nice too. With the poly fabric I might have to give these a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like those prints a lot, but don't like hearing the fit was a slight bit restricting. Still, they'll fit everyone's body type slightly differently, and they're a great price to try out.

I like those prints a lot, but don't like hearing the fit was a slight bit restricting. Still, they'll fit everyone's body type slightly differently, and they're a great price to try out.
Yeah the light blue and purple when it was sticky out, weren't the best. I wore the Ace polo the other day when I played with Pete and once again loved everything about it. He also though the logo was an alial fital.The material has just a thicker feel to it on the other two polos. But I will say they look pretty damn good.

Now the shorts, I liked them very much. The waistband is pretty damn good and provides a little extra room (if needed).

Nice review Dean, good looking apparel at price points that I can get into. And a big YES to the expandable waistbands, major fan of that.

Now the shorts, I liked them very much. The waistband is pretty damn good and provides a little extra room (if needed).

Now this appeals to me for reasons.

Price point is great. You addressed my major concern which would have been the feel of the shirts or the hand as it is called. Wasn't the Tourney name and the logo a part of MacGregor golf.

Duh on my part. JB covered that in his well written piece. I guess I shouldn't stare at the pretty pictures first.

Last edited:
One correction. Global has the shorts priced at two for $50.00 currently.

Nice review Dean. Despite playing in humidity, and being a quite the sweat producing specimen, I've never noticed a fabric being too restrictive. Perhaps that's just another indictment of my swing though haha

I'm hoping the Mashie comes out in other color options, as I already have too much blue in the closet. Current 2 for $40 pricing on the polos makes giving them a go a cheap experiment. Wish there were better shipping options to PR...may reach out through twitter DM.

Price point is great. You addressed my major concern which would have been the feel of the shirts or the hand as it is called. Wasn't the Tourney name and the logo a part of MacGregor golf.

Duh on my part. JB covered that in his well written piece. I guess I shouldn't stare at the pretty pictures first.

JB? :alien:
And yes they were a name of the past used by MacGregor. Quite popular back in the day.

One correction. Global has the shorts priced at two for $50.00 currently.

yup which is even better, last week they were 2 for 60. At 2 for 50, I might grab two more. They are just a nice clean looking pair of shorts. Nothing flashy, but comfortable and functional.

Nice review Dean. Despite playing in humidity, and being a quite the sweat producing specimen, I've never noticed a fabric being too restrictive. Perhaps that's just another indictment of my swing though haha

I'm hoping the Mashie comes out in other color options, as I already have too much blue in the closet. Current 2 for $40 pricing on the polos makes giving them a go a cheap experiment. Wish there were better shipping options to PR...may reach out through twitter DM.

You know it's one of those things, you don't notice until it's there. In the Carnoustie apparel article I mentioned how I think one of the best compliments you can give a piece of apparel, is that you never think about it. When I had on the purple polo, it was extremely humid, had rained, and was super sticky out. There was certainly more times that I thought about the polo I had on than not, if that makes any sense. Could be part of the thicker feel they have to them, think of it as if you were wearing a nice lightweight polo, and then wearing one of those heavy cotton polos. There is a different feel with those two types of shirts on, and that's kind of what I felt with these.

Those collars are ginormous! I gotta say I like the looks of all of them and the prices are definitely nice as well! I may need to look into getting some of this stuff, I've never really paid much attention to be honest. Thanks Deano!

JB? :alien:
And yes they were a name of the past used by MacGregor. Quite popular back in the day.

yup which is even better, last week they were 2 for 60. At 2 for 50, I might grab two more. They are just a nice clean looking pair of shorts. Nothing flashy, but comfortable and functional.

My apologizes to Dean. It was a well written article.I have a daughter going to college in the fall to study textiles so the cloth business is intriguing to me. I have sold a ton of it over the years mainly to big box sporting goods stores.

Nice review Dean. The price point on both of the the shirts and shorts is really ideal. I do like the sounds of the shorts and at 2 for $60, you can't go wrong. How do the shorts fit in the thigh area?

You know it's one of those things, you don't notice until it's there. In the Carnoustie apparel article I mentioned how I think one of the best compliments you can give a piece of apparel, is that you never think about it. When I had on the purple polo, it was extremely humid, had rained, and was super sticky out. There was certainly more times that I thought about the polo I had on than not, if that makes any sense. Could be part of the thicker feel they have to them, think of it as if you were wearing a nice lightweight polo, and then wearing one of those heavy cotton polos. There is a different feel with those two types of shirts on, and that's kind of what I felt with these.

Thanks for expanding even further on your thoughts. Makes perfect sense.

Thanks for expanding even further on your thoughts. Makes perfect sense.

yeah they aren't as severe as that, but that example helps illustrate a bit more.

Good review, Deano. Im digging that navy blue polo.

Good review, Deano. Im digging that navy blue polo.

I know you are past fan of Greg Norman apparel, and I believe the owner of that company also produces these.

Nice review Dean. The price point on both of the the shirts and shorts is really ideal. I do like the sounds of the shorts and at 2 for $60, you can't go wrong. How do the shorts fit in the thigh area?

they fit pretty straight through the thigh area. Not tight, at least not for me.

as far as looks go, I wore all of these to the course and work, and got a bunch of compliments on the designs in both locations. All 3 polos are officially in the rotation because they just look really nice.

I know you are past fan of Greg Norman apparel, and I believe the owner of that company also produces these.

Ah yes. I am a big fan of the Greg Normal apparel. Just fits well and has a nice finish to it.

Both the blue and lavender are great looking.

Also like the prices of both the polos and the deal on shorts. Any real issue with quality and durability?

Both the blue and lavender are great looking.

Also like the prices of both the polos and the deal on shorts. Any real issue with quality and durability?

Nope not yet. They've all been washed through a time or two. But I'll keep this updated if I see anything.

Those Brassie shirts look really good.

Back