Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

I played it the other day. It was a bit weird and I changed back to my Titelist after 4 holes, then changed back for the last 3 holes. I felt much more comfortable and pared in with the yellow ball. I think it just took a bit of getting used to. Planning on giving it another try next time.

Bump for the PM readers today.

Nice review JB. I guess seeing is believing with these balls in terms of the color being acceptable to some and maybe not for others. These almost look 'too good' to hit

I am going to give these a try as soon as i can pick up a sleeve of them. My local pro shop is selling last years Z star and i am thnking of picking up some of them also.

Going to give them another shot tomorrow. This time I'll play them the whole round.

If they weren't so expensive I'd put a dozen in my bag for the twilight rounds.

It has taken some getting used to with this ball...I think it's mental.

I keep switching back to white balls, and will be playing with a standard ProV1 or Penta in my upcoming tournies.

Going to continue testing.

I stopped at a golf shop today while out working and picked up a dozen of these bad boys. Signed up to be a preferred customer and they gave me $2.00 off. They also came with a really nice big Srixon golf towel. Now Junior Lancer wants me to pick up another dozen so she can get a golf towel, too.

I'm very excited to give these a whack. Hopefully tomorrow the weather is warmer and I'll compare them to the Penta.

Kevin

Is the only difference between these and the normal Z Star's the color? I love the Z-star and if they play the same I wouldn't mind trying these.

JB, thanks! Don't know how I missed that.

Played the whole round with it today. Really a great ball. I did not miss my Titleist at all. It was also nice to know from a distance which ball was mine. I jokingly told my playing partners I found a bunch of these yellow balls next to the 10th hole(which happens to be next to the driving range which uses yellow balls).

Crap...I can't believe I didn't read that either.

I was thinking Z Star would = ProV1, Z Star X would = ProV1x...wrong.

No wonder I wasn't getting the spin around the greens I was looking for in the regular Z Star... :(

Anyone want to trade 3 sleeves of Z Star X's for my regular Z Star's?

Crap...I can't believe I didn't read that either.

I was thinking Z Star would = ProV1, Z Star X would = ProV1x...wrong.

No wonder I wasn't getting the spin around the greens I was looking for in the regular Z Star... :(

Anyone want to trade 3 sleeves of Z Star X's for my regular Z Star's?

That is exactly what it is. Z-Star = ProV1 and Z-StarX = ProV1X. I think the Z-Star X has a little more spin than the ProV1x though. It did for our testers.

JB.

From what I read in the article you quoted...

Z Star = explosive distance, high launch, low spin

Am I misinterpreting what I am reading?

JB.

From what I read in the article you quoted...

Z Star = explosive distance, high launch, low spin

Am I misinterpreting what I am reading?

Where do you see low spin? On Srixon.com they even compare it to the ProV1. I find them spinny as heck and so did our testers.

Edit: They are talking about low spin off the driver, not spin around the greens. Very different.

Okay...that's what I originally thought...off the driver.

Still doesn't seem to spin as much as the original ProV1...until the cover gets roughed up a bit.

I'll try some more and get back.

Re: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

I am putting these into play today.

Re: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

I absolutely love this ball! Love the color, love the flight, love it around the greens. I just love it!

These balls spin really well off irons. The color is awesome. I hit them pretty high today, but I thought that was because I was trying to hit it high.

Kevin

I absolutely love this ball! Love the color, love the flight, love it around the greens. I just love it!

glad to hear that you like it setho. can't wait to see them in person. i'm glad that they work well for you.

glad to hear that you like it setho. can't wait to see them in person. i'm glad that they work well for you.

Thanks TC! You will have to try one.

JB: Do you see this ball has having more spin off the driver and irons than the Penta? I am getting a little more movement with this than with the Penta.

I love these balls but I keep losing them and that makes me :angry: Lost three again yesterday and all were on stupid hooks into the woods. Just dumb shots. But these balls play great all around. Just wish I could find more of them.

I love these balls but I keep losing them and that makes me :angry: Lost three again yesterday and all were on stupid hooks into the woods. Just dumb shots. But these balls play great all around. Just wish I could find more of them.

the yellow's not helping huh? hehe

Back