Tiger rejects lucrative $75 million sponsorship

vicar

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601077&sid=adzdsR.UX_rI

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Tiger Woods has turned down a $75 million (49.9 million pounds) sponsorship offer from Paddy Power, the Irish bookmaker said on Friday, adding it would make an improved offer to the golfer.

The 14-times major champion winner was dumped by sports drink brand Gatorade last week, the third major corporate sponsor to abandon the American since details of his adulterous affairs surfaced late last year.

The Dublin-based company said its initial offer to Woods, who was estimated to have earned $100 million annually in endorsement deals before taking an indefinite break from golf in December, covered a five-year period.

Woods did not set a date for his return to competition when he spoke to media last month for the first time since the scandal over his private life erupted.

Paddy Power lost 1.5 million euros (1.4 million pounds) by paying out to those who had gambled on Woods after just 36 holes of last year's U.S. PGA Championship, which the world No.1 eventually lost to South Korea's Yang Yong-eun.

Last edited:
I wonder if he turned them down because Elin (not sure if she's still his wife or not) and her family are from there? Are they from there?? :confused2:

It was rumored that tiger was playing six digit hands of black jack at his worst, so I think aligning himself with a gambling company wouldn't make a lot of sense if he was trying to break his addictions. Since he might have had a gambling addiction among others. But thats just one possibility out of many.
E

Last edited:
It was rumored that tiger was playing six digit hands of black jack at his worst, so I think aligning himself with a gambling company wouldn't make a lot of sense if he was trying to break his addictions. Since he might have had a gambling addiction among others. But thats just one possibility out of many.
E

They ought to try to sign up Mickelson.

HE's the one with the gambling addiction.

-JP

Reactions: JB
Elin is not from here but we wish she was.

I wonder if he turned them down because Elin (not sure if she's still his wife or not) and her family are from there? Are they from there?? :confused2:

Elin is from Sweden I believe,
Paddy Power is from Ireland.

Its ok though, I see you are from near New York :p

Back