Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and girth. Other than 1st base, it's the one position that allows the girth.

I miss the days of the fat first baseman. It seems like they are all in shape now. The only one I can think of is Prince Fielder but the guy can still fly down the base paths.

A pretty humerous article written by an Indians blogger on why he doesn't like the Twins.

Pretty funny read.

As a Twins fan, I guess I would expect that from White Sox and/or Tigers fans, but not Indians. Oh well. I still took it as humerous rather than hateful or spiteful. Well, maybe a little spiteful.

YES!!! We're going to go see the season opener for the Angles on Monday night against the Twins. AND maybe Jarod Weaver will be the starting pitcher!! :twist:

YES!!! We're going to go see the season opener for the Angles on Monday night against the Twins. AND maybe Jarod Weaver will be the starting pitcher!! :twist:

You're going home disappointed.

It'll be a great game regardless!! Just to be there at the season opener :) I've been to a playoff game and its quite a scene!!

You're going home disappointed.

Looks like the D-Train has made the Tigers rotation. Good for Dontrelle Willis to find his game again. I hope he does well.

Looks like the D-Train has made the Tigers rotation. Good for Dontrelle Willis to find his game again. I hope he does well.

Ya, you cant help but pull for him. He seems like a great guy. I heard they shipped Nate Robertson off the Florida to make room for him.

Any predictions?
Ive got:
NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cardinals but I want to say the Reds
NL West: Dodgers
NL WC: Rockies

AL East: Boston
AL Central: Twins
AL West: Angels
AL WC: Yankees or Rays

I would pick the Yankees for the division but I cant see Burnett and Pettite staying healthy all year plus I cant see Vasquez being as good as last year. I also think while Granderson is good it will hurt losing Damon and Matsui. I like the Rays rotation and bullpen and they have a pretty solid lineup. I think the White Sox will be right there as well with the 1-2 punch of Peavy and Buerhle and even though Jenks always gets a bad rep, he should be solid.

Most improved team
AL: Orioles
NL: Reds

Any predictions?

I'm not a big NL expert by any means, but here goes:

East: New York - I'm saying it's the Mets year to finally win this division.
Central: St. Louis - Cubs not strong enough to overtake the Cards. Neither are the Brewers.
West - L.A. - I'll just say L.A. because I know hardly anything about the worst division in baseball. Torre still manages there, right?
W.C. - Philly - They take this spot by a hair over the Cubs and Braves

Now for the "real" league:

East: New York - I hated typing every letter of this prediction.
Central: Twins - Gotta go w/ my team! Plus, I think they have a superior lineup by a good margin in the division. I just hope the pitching holds up to fend off Detroit and Chicago.
West: L.A. - I still don't think Seattle improved enough to make it that close in this division. L.A. takes it by 14 games.
W.C.: Boston - Again, I hated to type every letter of this prediction. As much as I don't want Boston in this position, who else takes this spot? I don't see anyone beating Boston for it.

I'll say a Boston vs. St. Louis World Series w/ the Sox taking the hardware home.

Well since it is the eve of the upcoming season it is prediction time of the year, so here goes nothing:

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Cubbies

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Twins
AL West: Mariners
AL Wild Card: Angels

AL Most Improved: Mariners
NL Most Improved: Reds
World Series: Yanks vs Cards
Yanks to win it all

Interesting storylines: If the Cards don't contend (highly unlikely in that division) will they ship Pujols somewhere? I'm digging the M's and the Reds this year. They made some solid moves in the offseason and hopefully the injury bug will not hit hard. I like how the NL and AL Central races will play out this year as there are a lot of teams that are very equal in terms of talent. I think the AL East race will be overblown and (I'm not just saying this because I'm a Yankee fan) that Boston will fall by the wayside and Theo will realize that they'll have to start retooling by midseason. I think the Rays will contend with the Yanks more so than the Sox if (and that's a big if) their pitching holds up. The NL East and West will be decided within the first two months of the season.

I'll toss my two cents here for a prediction:

AL East - Yankees
AL Central - White Sox
AL West - Seattle
AL Wild Card- Boston

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - St Louis
NL West - Dodgers
NL Wild Card - Braves

West - L.A. - I'll just say L.A. because I know hardly anything about the worst division in baseball.
I wouldnt say the worst. We have had 3 of the last 4 wild cards, been in the last 3 NLCS, and had the last 4 CY Youngs. What has the NL East and Central done lately?

I wouldnt say the worst. We have had 3 of the last 4 wild cards, been in the last 3 NLCS, and had the last 4 CY Youngs. What has the NL East and Central done lately?

Right off the top of my head Phillies went to the WS the last two years and won it in 2008. I always thought it was about getting to the big show.

My picks:
NL
East: Phillies
Central: Cards
West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Braves

AL
East: Yankees Money talks once again
Central: Twins
West: Seattle Most improved team in the AL

Wild Card: Sox or Rays

Right off the top of my head Phillies went to the WS the last two years and won it in 2008. I always thought it was about getting to the big show.
Im saying the division as a whole. There is no doubt the Phils have been the best team in the NL the last two years but I wouldnt say the division is better then the West.

As a division probably not but the East has the potential to be pretty strong this year. The Central with St Louis and the Cubbies should be fairly strong. In the West LA has Joe Torre and that makes them strong. I am not sure about the other teams in the West this year. But the great thing about a new year is every team starts out 0-0. Looking forward to another great season of baseball. This is my favorite time of year with baseball starting, the Masters coming up, March Madness and the end of the Hockey and NBA seasons approaching. Not to mention the weather starting to get warmer for golf season.

As a division probably not but the East has the potential to be pretty strong this year. The Central with St Louis and the Cubbies should be fairly strong. In the West LA has Joe Torre and that makes them strong. I am not sure about the other teams in the West this year. But the great thing about a new year is every team starts out 0-0. Looking forward to another great season of baseball. This is my favorite time of year with baseball starting, the Masters coming up, March Madness and the end of the Hockey and NBA seasons approaching. Not to mention the weather starting to get warmer for golf season.

The Rockies, D Backs and Giants should all be pretty good this year. It wont be a sure shot for the Dodgers. I do agree though, its a good time to be a sports fan.

Looks like Beckett just agreed to a 4 year extension. I wonder if last night changed his mind about waiting out the season.

The Phillies begin their quest for a 3rd straight World Series appearance today....Doc Halladay on the mound today....20 wins for him is a very good possibility.

I think that was done before last nights game

Maybe but from what I had heard even this morning was that he was holding out for that fifth year. According to ESPN and MLBN it just went down and there is a press conference in a few hours.

The Phillies begin their quest for a 3rd straight World Series appearance today....Doc Halladay on the mound today....20 wins for him is a very good possibility.

Not this year Thanks. I think well see you guys in the NLCS again but this time your going down.

Cubbies start the season today. Here's to a terrific year!!!

I think if he stays healthy it's a given.

Cubbies start the season today. Here's to a terrific year!!!

I have followed baseball for over 60 years and I don't recognize Cubbies and terrific year as words that belong in the same sentence. I have always been an AL fan but even I root for the Cubs to win a world series in my lifetime. They had better hurry up and do it soon.:act-up::angel:

I have followed baseball for over 60 years and I don't recognize Cubbies and terrific year as words that belong in the same sentence. I have always been an AL fan but even I root for the Cubs to win a world series in my lifetime. They had better hurry up and do it soon.:act-up::angel:

Well, Lou Pinniela thinks that the cubbies are on the verge of a WS. And it's not like a Cubs Manager has been victim of wishful thinking ever. Shoot . . . who am I kidding? A terrific year for us is making the wild card... but I still love it.

Bartman and the Billy Goat are alive and well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back