It's supposed to get to 98° with 109° heat index in KC today.

It'll probably brew up another evening thunderstorm like we had yesterday. We ended up with about 1.5" of rain last night.

We have had 9 days in the last 10 over 100. And the forecast is for the same for at least the next week. Today it is supposed to be around 104 not sure what the heat index will be. I played 36 on Sunday and 18 on Monday but took yesterday off but will play 18 tonight after work. Not many people out with the heat so the rounds go pretty quick. Drink lots and lots of water and plenty of sunscreen and it is not too bad.

We don't get too many days over 100° here but it's almost hitting it and it's not even the hottest part of the year yet. We'll probably get our fair share this summer.

No thanks, I've got better things to do.:D

IMG_0745Medium.jpg

I'll be in your area next weekend. Care if I stop by for a swim?

I don't mind the heat and humidity too much. I try to get out early before it gets too bad. I played last summer in my company outing and it was probably 95* with high humidity and it took 6 hours. It was quite warm that day.

Whoa whoa whoa! You're kidding right? I mean I know you're in AZ, but still, 50* isn't bad, 40* isn't really either. Then again I'm Alaskan :D

no, i dont think he's kidding. i feel the same way. if its under 60º, its cold to me and not fun to play. i just wish it was 75º year round :angel:

I'd kill to have a day in the 100s right now, im dying for anything. So far in June its rained more than half the days in Boston. Its rained for the past week, its raining today, and its gunna rain 4 out of the next 5 days. I need sun, and playable conditions.

It almost got to 90 today in Cleveland- so I feel bad for some of you. Screw this. Nothing over 75 for me, thanks. My dad has always said that he wants to retire to Auckland, NZ. Never gets above 75, never goes below 50. That's where it's at. And they have golf.

That's why my folks love the PNW. Mid 30s to mid 70s (usually), and you can pretty much golf year round.

I'd kill to have a day in the 100s right now, im dying for anything. So far in June its rained more than half the days in Boston. Its rained for the past week, its raining today, and its gunna rain 4 out of the next 5 days. I need sun, and playable conditions.

You and me both. Though we've now got warm, humid, and showery.

I was at the driving range earlier, and their thermometer was reading 108*F. My car thermometer read the same number. I have mini weather station in my back yard that is reading 110*F right now. The weather channel says it's 102*F. TV weather guy at noon said it was 106*F. With all those different numbers, I am just going to walk my 5PM round, and not worry about it. :cool:

I love your thinking provisional.

I'm not sure how hot it was yesterday but it had to be near 100 and high humidity, every time I bent over a putt it looked like it was raining. I lost about 10 lbs of water weight, but we got in 25 before it got too dark.

Today wasn't nearly as bad, slightly overcast but still pretty hot. We started early today and played 36 holes. The courses are dry and deserted for the first time this year so I'm loving it.

It's cooling off now, it's down to 100°, down from 103°. Heat index is stil rught up near 116°.

We ned a tropical depression to bust this high pressure situation, else we're looking at another summer with 50+ days of 100° temps.

I played 9 holes today after work. It was 95* and really humid (we have been under a heat advisor for the past couple days).
I broke down and paid to use a golfcart. I typically dont like using a cart, but I figured it would be a good idea. Id gladly pay $6 to use a cart than to end up getting heat stroke.

Probably a good Idea Bake, with my disability a cart is a necessity or I dont golf.

Probably a good Idea Bake, with my disability a cart is a necessity or I dont golf.
It was a good idea. Even using a cart I sweated my arse off and I would have been miserable if I had walked.

I was able to play 15 holes before they ran us off the course. Temps were in the 105*F range, but a cloud showed up on the west side of the valley giving us some shade, so it cooled off a little. This course has a dry wash on the front nine. Apparently it rained enough in another part of the valley to cause some flash flooding. Nothing but a little wind around us, and here comes a 2 foot deep flood down this dry wash. For those of you who have never seen a flash flood just check the link out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQrSH6LMgA

Our flood was not as deep, but the color was the same, and it was pushing quite a bit of debris down the wash.. There was probably no rain with in 15 miles of us. :comp:

That was impressive.

We get flash flooding around here, but I've never seen anything as spectacular as that. I've heard stories of big walls of water coming down the arroyo's out west.

We get the same kind of flash floods here that you get in NV. Last year, we got caught in a downpour on the course and after we left the shelter of the on-course restroom, we had to push the carts back through the washes because they were running a foot deep with runoff.

Right now our temps are in the low 100's, but it isnt bad because of the low humidity. Of course in January, we can still usually play in short sleeves or a sweatervest and be very comfortable.

Weather Underground : http://www.wunderground.com/ Enter your zip code, and it'll give you a pretty good weather forecast, a good almanac, and pretty good current conditions.

24eqhba.jpg

I love weather underground's radar. Best I have found. Their forecasts are not my favorites.

Back