Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bogey, you're a hero to do all that. Hubby would have bought another hot water heater. And found a way to blame me.

My rant: I'm so sleep deprived my knees hurt.

My second rant: School's finally out (Hooray! That's not the rant.) Here has been my schedule so far today; bear in mind I usually get to the office at 8:00 and really do have a job I'm supposed to do:

9:00 attend The Kid's moving up ceremony. It lasts until 10:30.
10:30 go to office with The Kid in tow
12:30 return to school to pick up Boo, who wasn't graduating
3:00 deliver Boo to birthday party
4:00 deliver The Kid to Pool Party
Oh, at 5:30 I have to pick up the sitter so Hubby and I can go to a business dinner (the second of five in a row).

No wonder my knees hurt.

He's pointing out that it's redundant. If it's already hot, you don't need to heat it.

Edit: Harry, not fair deleting a post as I"m quoting it and responding!

That's right! I would be more inclined to go out and buy a COLD water heater! LMAO and thank you George Carlin!

Getting online and finding you have THREE WHOLE PAGES of new posts to go through! YAY!

The rant is that by the time you have gone through those three pages, that you now have a page plus three posts you have to go through again!

(This isn't really a bad rant, because we come here for the postings! My first thought when I refreshed though, was OMG I gotta click on page two again!)

My girlfriends mom and her sister have been sitting on my couch since I got home. I missed the Dodger game and the news, now im off to bed and they are still there. :angry:

All week I've had a cold. Then yesterday, I cracked a molar biting into a piece of hard candy (given that I'm a diabetic, I suppose I deserve that). Then this morning I sliced open the side of my thumb. I was getting ready to leave for work, and decided I wanted something to drink on the way. So I blindly reached into a 12-pack box of Snapple (Diet Rasberry, yum). Apparently, one of the bottles had broken during transit, as there was no mess in my refrigerator to suggest it. Thus, when I thrust my hand in the box, I slid the side of my thumb firmly down the jagged neck of that bottle. I was wearing my favorite dress shirt and slacks at the time, by the way, but luckily this refrigerator is in my basement right next to the basement door, so I was able to jump through and stand over a drainspout outside to avoid bleeding all over myself and the new carpet. The cut was pretty deep, and ran over the side of my thumb joint as well, so I had to go to the ER to get it stitched up. Doesn't look like any tendons were affected, fortunately. So I got my soutures, and got to work at about 2pm today. The real pisser is that I was planning to play this weekend, but I fear that gripping and swinging the club is not going to work out real well with the gash on my hand. Grrr. :bad:

That hurt me just reading about it!

Well, your belt buckle may be there today or tomorrow just in time to cheer you up. hehe

Our pool at our apartment is broken for more than a week now. It's clearly not filtering, and it's full of dirt. No one would go in it. But it has nice lounge chairs and stuff...I asked one of our employees if I could just go sit by the side of the pool to get some sun, since that's the only spot. I had ZERO intention of swimming in the sludge. He said no, if the city came by and saw someone in the pool area, they'd fine the apartment complex. Really? Our city has so little to do that they'd worry about THAT?

HEY WSE...how do you know if you crack a molar/filling/crown? Do you feel it? Sir Shanksalot? I'm wondering if I've lost or cracked a filling or two, I haven't been to the dentist in a while.

JB: Excellent. But they way things are going this week, I may end up inadvertently garotting myself or something when I try to attach the belt.

Smallie: Yeah, it was pretty painful. The nurse who stitched me up said she was amazed that I didn't flinch when she give me the shot in the wound to numb it. I told her it was all the yoga I've been doing lately.

Edit: Julie: In this case, the piece of tooth was in my mouth, so as I chewed the candy I could feel something harder also. Sort of like eating a steak and getting a bit of bone. But the chip is pretty obvious anyway: I have a hole in the side of my molar, and I can't stop running my tongue over it!

You got the towel and ball you ordered right?

Yep, thanks! Lost my last towel, so I was happy to get the new set. Don't think I will be playing the THP ball, though -- I'm going to keep that on my desk. The tees are going to be used and abused as soon as I can get back on the course.

WSE, until you can get to a dentist, go to your nearest CVS and pick up some dental repair gunk. It helps a lot. If you have no clue what I'm talking about (I only learned of it when I lost a crown just before leaving for vacation), the pharmacist does. Buy the cheapest brand; they're all the same.

I used that stuff once claire when a filling popped out. I couldn't get in for a few days, and it did a great job til then. I had to repair it again before I actually got to the dentist. Got mine at Walmart.

Has anyone noticed the "ROTD" thread has gotten so long, that the bars across the top and bottom, that number the pages, stretch the page out? I think we need a Rant of the Day Part Two thread.

I want a car so bad, but my parents are stalling, I spend countless hours on the computer looking up car stuff.

What's the deal if I am paying for the car, but my parents delay? The sooner I start paying for it the better.

What's the deal if I am paying for the car, but my parents delay?

Claire, or any parent, can tell you this one, but...it has nothing to do with the money.

173 times, well make that 174 now, LOL.

Oh right, I always forget the tech forum doesn't count posts.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZR64EF3OpA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZR64EF3OpA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

what is it? what is it!!?

It depends on the parents as to what exactly it is...but their boy is growing up. (People are weird, they need milestones to show what everyone else already knows. Like birthdays.) Having a car makes your parents nervous, any time you're gone, if they're like mine, they're holding their breath the whole time. That, and they won't see you in general, since you'll be here and there and doing work or visiting friends. I bet they'll kinda miss ya. Whether or not they'd admit it. Plus, to be frank, if you miss a payment and they're on the loan with you, or you get in a wreck, they'll be on the hook for some cash and there's just no way around that.

So...what's the incentive for them to hurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back