roguepixel

Reaction score
Handicap
Do any of you ever get burnt out from the game? I mean I still LOVE the game but, I guess since I've been playing/practicing a LOT, I feel I've plateaued a bit.

I think I need to take a week or two off.

Thoughts?

that happened to me in early May - I went to FLA with 3 buddies of mine - we played 8 rounds in 8 days and it's sad to say that after day 6 - I had had enough. The good news is after 5 days of work - I was ready for golf, golf and more golf! Ya gotta love this game! :blob:

I have had fleeting moments where I feel bored and a little jaded. I think it is natural when you put a lot of effort into a game where progress comes slowly.

I sometimes wonder what I would do with myself if I suddenly lost interest in golf. Scares the h*** out of me!

Yeah, I've been there, usually follows a lot of golf in a short period of time. Buuut, it's typically fleeting and very short lived and then I've got the fire again.. :)

Yep, especially when I'm struggling it gets to be very taxing to just keep going through the motions only to keep on seeing more struggles. Take an entire weekend off where you don't play, watch, practice, think about golf, you'll come back refreshed and ready to go! This weekend coming up might be a good one since it's the week before the Open Championship....can't stay away next week!!! Good luck, keep us posted!

I get it quite a bit being at the range so much. But i just take some time and then regroup.

It passes quickly so I don't think it would qualify as burnout. I rarely play more than twice per week and I might sweat a really bad round for a day at most then I'm ready to give it another shot.

Try taking 3 months off from golf and coming back its all I want to do!! lol against my better judgment I have been playing with my thumb the way it is and actually not doing too bad. normal score + about 7 or 8 strokes

Its only natural to get a little burnt-out on golf if you play all the time. You can only play/practice so much before it gets a little tiresome.
Earlier this year I was playing 4 times a week and between playing, practicing, getting up at 4am and working 9 hours a day and working out; I was pretty much destroyed by the end of the day.

I get to the point where I need to get away from golf for a while. It just gets boring/tiresome sometimes. Same course, with the same shots to many times. Almost all my good scores have come when I played what I call "boring golf". Lots of fairways, lots of green, and a lot of two putts or less. Don't get me wrong, I do like to put up good scores, but I also like to have to figure out how to get out out of new situations.....if that makes sense. When I get bored, or tired with golf, I have a whole bunch of other things to keep me busy. :comp:

I get it quite a bit being at the range so much. But i just take some time and then regroup.

i love going to the range, its just relaxing...but i switch clubs after each(or ever other) shot, otherwise range work is counter productive

Do you think that those of you who live in warmer climates suffer burnout more because you don't have a seasonal layoff? Or do those that live in northern climates try to jam more golf into fewer months so you burn out more quickly?

Do you think that those of you who live in warmer climates suffer burnout more because you don't have a seasonal layoff? Or do those that live in northern climates try to jam more golf into fewer months so you burn out more quickly?
For me its definetly trying to jam more golf into fewer months. Im what most people would consider to be a die-hard when it comes to golf, as long as the course if open, I will play. It doesnt matter if the temps are only in the 40s, if they let me on the course, I will play.
At the most, our golf season only lasts from April-November; so you gotta play when the weather allows.

Never burned out yet. I wish I had the money to try and burn out. I'd like to play everyday. Maybe switching between 9 and 18. I'm consumed with the game right now. Think about it all day everyday. I'm probably gonna play 60 rounds this year. I'm still new to the game though so we will have to see.

It doesnt matter if the temps are only in the 40s, if they let me on the course, I will play.

I love playing golf in the Winter - even with temporary tees and greens. It's definitely not crowded and people are more relaxed - I think in part because handicapping is closed for the season in CT. I play if it's above freezing as long as the wind chill is about the same.

I love playing golf in the Winter - even with temporary tees and greens. It's definitely not crowded and people are more relaxed - I think in part because handicapping is closed for the season in CT. I play if it's above freezing as long as the wind chill is about the same.

I love playing golf in the winter too. Except its about 65*...hehe just kidding.

Ha! Me too. If you wear the right kind of sweater it doesn't hinder your swing at all!

I lost this post last time, so I will try again. I average around 15,590 stokes/putts per year while being able to golf year around. This includes both actual rounds of golf, and weekly trips to the practice green/range. At some point, a few times a year, I change my mind about going to the course to stay home and do something else. Today was one of those days. Perfect excuse, as it is just too windy. :clapp:

I play year-round in Arizona, at least 2 rounds per week, three if I can swing it. I go to the range at least 4 days a week. I get those times where I want to throw my clubs in the nearest pond because I am playing poorly, but I don't "burn-out", more like reach my highest level of disgust.

If the answer is "in the dirt" as Ben Hogan said, then I shouldn't have too far to go to reach it. I have moved tons of the stuff trying to find "it".

C-Tech - You quit every 2 months. It lasts a day and you're back on the course. Then the cycle starts again. :rofl:

C-Tech - You quit every 2 months. It lasts a day and you're back on the course. Then the cycle starts again. :rofl:

Just because I quit doesn't mean I am burned out.....it just means I am burned up!!!:pissed-off:

Id love to be able to play golf during the winter. Sadly, winter around here includes -10 temps and the courses buried under at least 6" of snow.

I love playing golf in the winter too. Except its about 65*...hehe just kidding.
Id love to have my, "winter" golf be played in 65* temps too. I remeber last winter reading about how you teed off in the morning with temps in the 40s while I was sitting here in -20 moring temps, freezing my ass off and dreaming about playing golf...

You are always welcome to come visit Bake. First round on me.

I suppose if there is an end of my golf season it is in September during the over seeding. Quite a few courses around here shut down for a couple of weeks to get ready for the winter season. The ones that don't are too expensive for my wallet. :comp:

Id love to be able to play golf during the winter. Sadly, winter around here includes -10 temps and the courses buried under at least 6" of snow.

One of our local courses has a fun shotgun the Saturday before Thanksgiving every year. Last year, the wind chill was about 10*. I have never been that cold on the course, but was too stubborn and stupid to quit. It got to a point where I was too cold to grip the club and I have really good clothes for Winter golf. I will never do that again, but amazingly enough - there 72 people out there that day.

Back