My crazy shot of the day

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So today the conditions were very wet from the solid rain yesterday and on a par 3 I pushed my tee shot to the right of the green. I had a sand trap to carry over and was short sided on the green with only 4 feet or so to the pin. The ball was sitting down a little bit and the grass was soaked.

I decided to try something unique. Normally I would just flop shot it and put it a little passed the hole for the safe play. But today I decided that if I tried that shot, I could have left it fat and put it in the bunker because of the ground condition. I decided to pull out the 56* for the extra bounce and play it like a bunker shot.

Well I executed it exactly the way I wanted to, and the ball was punched onto the fringe that then took once bounce and went in. A crazy par 3 birdie.

After I hit the shot and was covered in mud, I looked down to see one of the biggest divots I had ever seen and to think I executed the shot the way I wanted to.

Hard to tell by the cell phone picture, but it is actually almost 18 inches long and 4-6 inches wide.
585535490_Usbtw-L.jpg

Well done. To me, one of the best feelings in golf is to 'create' a shot in your mind and pull it off exactly how you wanted to.

That's awesome!

It's like a meteor strike or something. :D

We got one of our infrequent rainstorms a few days ago and I went to the range just after. I left there covered in mud. I am not a mudder because I take divots, but this was like playing out of casual water.

Nice to see you stayed down through the shot.:laughing:

• Admin
That's awesome!

It's like a meteor strike or something. :D

It looked huge up close.

We got one of our infrequent rainstorms a few days ago and I went to the range just after. I left there covered in mud. I am not a mudder because I take divots, but this was like playing out of casual water.

Nice to see you stayed down through the shot.:laughing:

That just made me laugh out loud.:clapp::blob:

I've heard of taking a divot with your shot, but damn JB! :worship:

looks like the ball 'exploded!!!!'

Looks like one of my trademarked war wounds. Are you supposed to fill those?

• Admin
With sand we fill them. We do not replace divots down here.

Yeah, I was kidding! Although I do get sick of filling them after a while, since I leave so many.

I needed the whole bucket for this one.

Great play. That is a divot any true golfer would be proud of.

If I took a divot like that I can just about guarantee my ball will be sitting about ten feet in front of it, tops!

I've taken divots like that often, always followed by a string of profanity. Glad it worked out for you JB.

Back