Summertime Georgia Golf Outing at Arrow Head Pointe State Park

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I am going to do some checking tomorrow for yet another SouthEastern outing located not far for Athens Ga at beautiful Arrow Pointe at a State Park on Lake Richard Rusell. I think Setho has a couple more courses in the general area that we can also put on the list to play, however ArrowPointe is beautiful to say the least. They have cabins that sleep up to eight people in the park close to the golf course.

http://georgiagolf.com/net/go/georgiagolf.aspx?s=7430.7418.2.17

Named 2nd Best New Affordable Public Course in America by Golf Digest for 2005.

Date has not been decided on yet as we are still in discussion.

Gray

I have played this course before and it was a great tract. I could not believe it was a state park. I later found out that many of Gerogia's state park golf courses are incredible places to play.

I'll go with ya Gray. :blowkiss:

ok so we got to set a date. Now women golfers are invited to this event so don't be scared. Couples can work out the cabin arrangements and the young studs can have the poker playing cabin :eek:)..... More to come soon!

ok so we got to set a date. Now women golfers are invited to this event so don't be scared. Couples can work out the cabin arrangements and the young studs can have the poker playing cabin :eek:)..... More to come soon!

does that just mean kelly? haha

fine with me buddy, but there's no point planning anything until we've set a date.

does that just mean kelly? haha

fine with me buddy, but there's no point planning anything until we've set a date.

Ok so the second or third weekend in July. I will call tomorrow for sure to see what dates are open. They fill up pretty quick during the summer months.

Setho feel free to check on some other sites/houses near golf courses in your area ok? We need to lock a date down so we can lock down a place to stay...........

I am sure more ladies will be interested in playing some beautiful Georiga golf courses right???

my lady hates golf so she won't be coming. i think it's fine if the ladies want to come to the trip (THAT MEANS YOU DOODLES)!

last weekend in july sounds good to me. the first 2 weekends aren't good.

I trust in your searching Gray. I will just be happy to get the gang together again.

I sent in a request today for some information for the cabins and lodge at arrow head pointe. We will discuss the rates, dates, from the package they send me.

Here is the info I received:

Bill -- Thank you for your interest in Georgia State Parks Golf. We do not have any availability for the dates that you requested at Richard Russell, But, the cost for 8 golfers to stay in 2 cottages and play golf for 2 days would be approximately $175.48 per person.

We do, however have a cottage at Victoria Bryant State Park. The park also has an 18 hole golf course and the cottage there will sleep 8. The approximate cost for 8 golfers to stay in 1 cottage and play golf for 2 days is $111.82 per person

Thanks,
Linda

Gray we removed the phone number and email address from your post. We do not want that lady to get spammed or anything.

Gray we removed the phone number and email address from your post. We do not want that lady to get spammed or anything.

Thanks buddy! See ya soon!

I am looking forward to the getting the gang together again.

Ok guys so do you want to go the 3rd or 4th weekend in July? Or August but it's going to be hotter than running through hell with gasoline drawers on in August!!!! I will be retired so the date does not matter to me. It looks like the prices she quoted were pretty darn resonable so let's vote on a date, then get those that want to attend to sign up so I got see if we need one or two cabins? Ok so pick the dates and let's get this show on the road!

Either works for me. The best part is that I will have a membership to Ga State Park courses which means that this golf outing will be pretty much free.

Just want to bring this one back up and see if there is any new info on the outing. Arrow Point is maybe 90 minutes from me, and I have only heard good things about it. Even if I couldn't stay, I could possibly slip up there and play 18 on one of the outing days. I am pretty tied up thru July, but August may be a go. Has this outing been scuttled since the Florida THP outing is in Sept.?

id love to go if yall are still planning its less than an hour to that part of the state from where i stay in the summer so that would be awesome

If you guys are ever in town, just let me know and I will grab a round with ya if you don't mind playing with somebody who has only been playing for a year. I am about 45 minutes away from Arrowhead myself.

I have some bad news :eek:(!!!!

Major news announcement from the little town of "Gray Georgia"! Old Gray played golf today and had some very serious pain in the right side of my right knee. Fell off a few shots that sloped up hill and sideways with somewhat agony. I can not put it off any longer. I have put this surgery off for two years and I have an appointment in the a.m. with Dr Stapleton at an Othropedic clinic in Macon to set a date for the scope. I am hoping no ligament damage just loose chips/fragments that he can clean up and reduce the fluid so I can balance myself again. As most of you know balance is a key ingrediant in a solid golf striking day.

It hurt my feelings so very much,,,, as just the night before,,,,,,, I was offered a free round of golf at Ashville Country club in North Carolina!!!!! I was all stoved up to go until my knee blew out today more than once! I have an appointment at 08:00 a.m. with my surgeon to set up my surgery date. I want to get this fricking knee fixed and healthy before heading to West Palm Beach!!!! I don't expect to be Kelly's caddy. Damn it,,,,,, I want to play that beautiful coase!!!!!!!!!

I have to heal up for the big Florida outing so my golfing will be completely shut down for two or three weeks depending on the healing process ......

Man Grey, I am sorry to hear that! Thats no bueno! I hope you get that knee healthy by the outting. That would be a bummer, but I bet you make a great caddy!

Man Grey, I am sorry to hear that! Thats no bueno! I hope you get that knee healthy by the outting. That would be a bummer, but I bet you make a great caddy!

Thank you T!!!!!!! Heck brother you don't know this old dude :eek:)..... I will be ready to go with bells on!!!!!!! I got to whup that shiny legged brother of yours and that pesky old JB! Heck,,,, I am not backing down now due to a little on knee clean out :eek:)!!!!!!!!

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery Gray! Take care and take it easy. Dont rush back no matter how badly you want to get out. Make sure you heal all the way. You can ride with me in September. Heck I might be able to muster up a tie with you if you have a bum knee. I need every advantage I can get. :act-up:

Seriously, take care buddy!

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery Gray! Take care and take it easy. Dont rush back no matter how badly you want to get out. Make sure you heal all the way. You can ride with me in September. Heck I might be able to muster up a tie with you if you have a bum knee. I need every advantage I can get. :act-up:

Seriously, take care buddy!

You are a great guy to play with SeeMore and I appreciate your words. I went to my Orthopaedic Surgeon today and I am EXTREMELY LUCKY,,,, my surgery is schedule for this coming Monday!! I will be more that ready to head to Florida with some good strong knees, unless he finds more damage. I waited longer than than he requested(About two years) to have this surgery. You know how us Men are, put Medical things off. I was hurting on the golf course and while trying to walk/jog three miles a day my right knee was killing me. I just pray that I did not tear a ligament or wear out the cartilage!!! I have a high pain thresh hold which may have cost me,,,,, however keep your fingers crossed and your prayers that this scope will clean the damage out! Maybe I will have that good balance it takes to chase " Old shiny legs Calloway & Pesky JB down the fairways with my snakes"..........

Good luck, Gray - I had the right knee cartilage cleaned up about 6 years back. I also probably waited too long to do it, and had gone to an alternate swing just to play. The surgery was necessary, and after the scope it was about 6 weeks until I played (and shot 71 my first time out!), and it was really about a full year before the knee pretty much felt 'normal', meaning I didn't think about it some of the time. But, after those 6 weeks my normal swing was right on and any problems were in my mind, not my leg.

Good luck, Gray - I had the right knee cartilage cleaned up about 6 years back. I also probably waited too long to do it, and had gone to an alternate swing just to play. The surgery was necessary, and after the scope it was about 6 weeks until I played (and shot 71 my first time out!), and it was really about a full year before the knee pretty much felt 'normal', meaning I didn't think about it some of the time. But, after those 6 weeks my normal swing was right on and any problems were in my mind, not my leg.

Thanks good buddy! I appreciate the encouragement and hearing from someone who has gone through this. I guess I will play tomorrow, Saturday, & Sunday then put the sticks up for a good rest :eek:(......

Back