Hooking 'em. Cause and Fix?

[snow]

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm plagued by hooks for about 2 weeks now. I've tried weakening my grip, so far that i almost couldn't form a correct grip at all and it wouldn't help.

I've heard that a very natural swing movement usually leads to a slice, and can be triggered by rotating the shoulders/body too far before the MOI.
Can the reverse make a hook?

If i recall correctly, i've been turning (and swinging) lots faster before but never had trouble (or at least consistent trouble, outside of beginner-swing variance) with balls going to the right. These days i've tried to lower my body speed and to instead focus on bending the right hand and straightening it to/through impact. Results have been mixed. Hooks and straight shots mostly, a few nice looking draws mixed in. Only 2 slices in the last couple of range balls and rounds, and those came in a row (and lead to very evil rough ._.)

I'm plagued by hooks for about 2 weeks now. I've tried weakening my grip, so far that i almost couldn't form a correct grip at all and it wouldn't help.

I've heard that a very natural swing movement usually leads to a slice, and can be triggered by rotating the shoulders/body too far before the MOI.
Can the reverse make a hook?

If i recall correctly, i've been turning (and swinging) lots faster before but never had trouble (or at least consistent trouble, outside of beginner-swing variance) with balls going to the right. These days i've tried to lower my body speed and to instead focus on bending the right hand and straightening it to/through impact. Results have been mixed. Hooks and straight shots mostly, a few nice looking draws mixed in. Only 2 slices in the last couple of range balls and rounds, and those came in a row (and lead to very evil rough ._.)

You may want to reach out to Andy in our Ask the Pro section.

Back