Boo signs with Srixon

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleveland Golf/Srixon is pleased to announce that PGA Tour player Boo Weekley has signed with the company to play Srixon® golf balls and continue using Cleveland® clubs and a Never Compromise® putter. Boo Weekley, who was nicknamed after cartoon hero Yogi Bear's sidekick, "Boo Boo" Bear, is a two-time winner on The PGA Tour and also played a major role in the U.S. Ryder Cup victory last fall. Weekley, who also happens to be an avid hunter and fisherman, has experienced a rise in popularity that is unparalleled on the PGA Tour and is well known for attracting large and boisterous galleries which are commonly referred to as the Boo Crew.

“Cleveland clubs have gotten me where I am today,” said Weekley. “And I really love this Srixon golf ball. Now these boys know how to make a golf ball!”

“We couldn’t ask for a better representative for our brands,” said Greg Hopkins, President/CEO for Cleveland Golf/Srixon. “Boo has a huge fan base for a reason. He’s a great player and is as authentic as you can get.”

Boo will be donning a Cleveland® Golf logo on the front of his hat with Srixon® on the sides and will carry a Cleveland® Golf tour bag. He plans on playing Cleveland® woods, irons and wedges, a Never Compromise® putter and a Srixon® ball form the new Z-STAR™ line. **

Holy cow, my first thought from the title was that this was about Boo Girl.....didn't know girl had THAT much talent! Haha!

Good resigning for them.

That freakin rules.

I hope that he keeps Mossy Oak as a sponsor too!

The only thing that'd make me happier, is if he signed with PING. :D

He was playing Cleveland clubs, and I don't know who's ball.

• Admin
IIRC he was playing the Titleist balls.

Holy cow, my first thought from the title was that this was about Boo Girl.....didn't know girl had THAT much talent! Haha!

That was my first thought as well, haha

THP is the hookup:D

She was confused when she saw the thread title as well. We're holding onto her amateur status a little while longer, though.

And that's NOT where the nickname came from.

She was confused when she saw the thread title as well. We're holding onto her amateur status a little while longer, though.

And that's NOT where the nickname came from.

Hahaha, on both accounts.

(And a resounding "of course not!" on the 2nd.)

It's interesting...men are usually referred to by their last name (Favre, Marino), and women by their first (Gisele, Marilyn).

This makes two guys leaving Titleist balls for Srixon recently. Vijay and Boo. Think anyone else will jump ship? Or is this more a function of Cleveland and Srixon merging so now the Cleveland club players can be full-staffers, ball and all?

This makes two guys leaving Titleist balls for Srixon recently. Vijay and Boo. Think anyone else will jump ship? Or is this more a function of Cleveland and Srixon merging so now the Cleveland club players can be full-staffers, ball and all?
Id say its more a matter of Cleveland wanting them to use their ball instead of their competitor's ball.
Now that Cleveland owns Srixon, it only makes sense for them to play Cleveland clubs and Srixon balls.
Im sure its quite a big bragging right when you have guys who are sponsored by other club manufacturers playing Titleist balls.
I remember quite a few ads last year where Titleist was bragging about Vijay and Harrington winning with Titleist golfballs. I cant imagine that Cleveland and Wilson were very happy about that.
Thats not to say that the new Srixons arent great golfballs, but IMO its more of a marketing thing.

Id say its more a matter of Cleveland wanting them to use their ball instead of their competitor's ball.
Now that Cleveland owns Srixon, it only makes sense for them to play Cleveland clubs and Srixon balls.
Im sure its quite a big bragging right when you have guys who are sponsored by other club manufacturers playing Titleist balls.
I remember quite a few ads last year where Titleist was bragging about Vijay and Harrington winning with Titleist golfballs. I cant imagine that Cleveland and Wilson were very happy about that.
Thats not to say that the new Srixons arent great golfballs, but IMO its more of a marketing thing.

It's a shame Srixon can't promote VJ's win at the Chevron World challenge as a Srixon ball. I'm still wondering if it was a Srixon or Titleist name that was blacked out on that ball.

Id bet it was Titleist, considering that only recently did Vijay announce the switch to Srixon.

Id bet it was Titleist, considering that only recently did Vijay announce the switch to Srixon.

Except maybe the deal was already done but he couldn't disclose that he was now playing Srixon because his endorsement with Titleist didn't expire until 2009.

Im sure it is both. If Srixon did not make a ball up to par, he would not have switched, I assure you.

Im sure it is both. If Srixon did not make a ball up to par, he would not have switched, I assure you.
I dont doubt that. Im sure that Srixon went to their top players, asked them what they wanted in a golfball and made the golfball to those specifications.

When I spoke to Srixon a couple of months ago when the testing for these balls was taking place. They kept telling me "these are going to be the best in the game this coming year." He was quite honest and said "they were good last year but maybe not the best in the game".

No doubt they worked their butts off on those golfballs. You gotta get up pretty early in the morning if you want to get the best of companies like Titleist, Callaway and Bridgestone.

Back