TM Rocketbladez - Rubber Insert Problems?

sk8er3253

Reaction score
Handicap
This is really a 2 part question for other Rocketbladez users out there.

1) Has anyone had any issues with the Rubber 3M molding they put in the bottom of the 4-7 irons? I just looked at the bottom of my 6 iron and noticed that half of it has basically come out of the iron and its filled with grass, etc...

2) Does anyone know Taylormade's warranty policy on stuff like this? I called the store, and they told me they would have to send the club back to Taylormade, and it would take 3-4 weeks. They can't expect someone to lose their club for 3-4 weeks can they?? I would think Taylormade would send me a replacement so I don't have to be without clubs for an extended period of time?

Assuming you bought them from a store and that store is an authorized seller the clubs should be under warranty.
In normal conditions, yes, you would send the clubs back to TaylorMade and they would either fix or replace.
It CAN take up to 4 weeks, but we have seen in most cases, the results happening much faster.

I understand the idea of being without clubs is a tough one. I try to look at this way. If I buy a car and it has warranty work needed, you might be without your car (some places offer loaners).

I was (lucky enough to be selected) one of the people who reviewed these irond back in December and still play them today. I have yet to have an issue with any of the polymer falling out. I did, however, get a small pebble stuch between the polymer and the iron in the 4i but it came right out with a toothpick. I'm sure if you call TM they will be able to help you with your problem.

I have not seen this happen as of YET with my RocketBladez however I only have about five rounds on them.

I will watch for it though and would be interested to know how your warranty experience is with them.

I have been gaming my Rocketbladez irons since the 1st week of december. I played in freezing temps off rock solid ground and I have played in temps above 95 degrees off rock solid ground. no issues with any of my slots yet.

I have not had any problems either.

Bummer man! No issues here either and I put tons of swings on those things. Hope it gets resolved to your liking!

As far as the 3 weeks, TM's CS has been known to be very good and I would expect a much quicker turn around.

Thanks everyone. I was really surprised, I've played at least twice a week since I got them in April and I love the irons. All of the other irons look fine, its just the 6 iron with the issue. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and hope I get a quick turnaround. Could be worse if it was all of the irons, I can live without a 6 iron for a few rounds.

Had mine since Christmas and had nothing like tat at all.

I've heard of one or two issues in general but mostly just cosmetic, build quality seems to be pretty good!

I'm not familiar with the warranty policy, but definitely something to contact TM about. A friend of mine has the rocketbladez and hasn't had any problems with them whatsoever.

Back