ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
i recently bought an adams a7os hybrid, really like the head shape and the size of the head. But i hit a natural draw, and this club creats more draw... So i need to get a new one.

So my question is, I want a hybrid with no/very little offset, so i can hit my normal swing without hooking the ball, but still want it to be very forgiving. Which hybrids can you guys recommend? Which hybrids have you tested and what was good/bad with them....

Im a 9Hcp, hitting around 280 with driver

i recently bought an adams a7os hybrid, really like the head shape and the size of the head. But i hit a natural draw, and this club creats more draw... So i need to get a new one.

So my question is, I want a hybrid with no/very little offset, so i can hit my normal swing without hooking the ball, but still want it to be very forgiving. Which hybrids can you guys recommend? Which hybrids have you tested and what was good/bad with them....

Im a 9Hcp, hitting around 280 with driver

Welcome to the board! I love the a7OS hybrids but I need a little help with the draw and they give me just what I need. There are some great reviews here on several brands, so you might just try searching "hybrid". I know many here have had great luck with a couple of hybrids and I'm sure they will weigh in as well. Good luck in your hunt for the right one.

Welcome ulle, lots of reviews and threads on this subject, use the advanced search feature at the top right of the page.

okay, thank you so much, will check this out :)

if you have any good tips regarding this, please post :)

okay, and you hit a natural draw as well i guess? Did you have the mashie tour model? or regular model? do you find the mashie more forgiving then the r11? Which one is easier to hit? :D

My natural shot is a fade but with the Mashie I was hitting big draws and hooks a little too frequently.

I had the standard model Mashie. For me the R11 is easier to hit, straighter and longer

link didnt work....

It works for me, I don't know what he glitch is. Just go to advanced search at the above right hand side. In the search for key words box type in hybrid then in the dropdown box instead of doing a Search Entire Posts change it to Search Titles Only. That will bring you up 5 pages of items on hybrids.

It works for me, I don't know what he glitch is. Just go to advanced search at the above right hand side. In the search for key words box type in hybrid then in the dropdown box instead of doing a Search Entire Posts change it to Search Titles Only. That will bring you up 5 pages of items on hybrids.

perfect :)

i guess you are some kind of admin here or similar, so you must have read alot of threads, and from what you can remember, which hybrid have you heard best of? Im thinking of r11, mashie, razr tour, and some kind of adams hybrids.. :)

The Mashie and R11 seem to get the most love from what I have read

one more thing, if i hit a natural draw, is it better to have a little heavier club or a lighter club to not over draw the ball? Sounds logical that it would be better to have a bit heavier club to get the hands more in front of the club at impact.... but not sure?

i guess you are some kind of admin here or similar, so you must have read alot of threads, and from what you can remember, which hybrid have you heard best of? Im thinking of r11, mashie, razr tour, and some kind of adams hybrids.. :)

Not an admin, just a very active member, my favortie hybrid is listed in my spoiler tag, it is solid with very little offset, that is why I play it.

one more thing, if i hit a natural draw, is it better to have a little heavier club or a lighter club to not over draw the ball? Sounds logical that it would be better to have a bit heavier club to get the hands more in front of the club at impact.... but not sure?

I am currently reviewing the Yonex EZONE hybrid. This a nice thread on with all types of reviews. THP has countless reviews on most of the popular and some of the off the beaten path hybrids. My I suggest you settle in and read a few of the reviews. Very insightful!!

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Hey man, I hope you find what you are looking for. I too hit a natural draw and my main tendency is to overhook shots. However I have the Cleveland Halo 4i hybrid. For me it is super forgiving and super easy to hit. No matter how bad I'm hooking or missing my irons I can always rely on the halo to go high and straight. Notice I didn't say far however. For me it goes between a 6 iron and 5 iron distance which is 210 yds (I carry my drives 280)...but you should definitely try thee hybrids. You can find them for a lot cheaper compared to the mashies or Taylormades....hope this helps!

try the Adams Idea Pro Black

okay, thanks alot for the great answers, will look into all of this :)

still, anyone knows about:

"one more thing, if i hit a natural draw, is it better to have a little heavier club or a lighter club to not over draw the ball? Sounds logical that it would be better to have a bit heavier club to get the hands more in front of the club at impact.... but not sure?"

i also saw somewere that if you get a littlebit thicker grip, its harder to close the face at impact? dont know if thats true or not?

try the Adams Idea Pro Black

do you have the same tendencies as me? or do you just like the adams idea pro black? I have been looking at that one earlier, but never tested it

cleveland mashie vs taylormade r11 hybrids

cleveland mashie vs taylormade r11 hybrids

My normal tendency are to hit draw with all of my shots, so im wondering if there are some one who have the same tendencies as I, and have tried both of them? Im unsure if the mashie is to much offset for a draw swing? And also if its better to have a lighter/heavier shaft for a draw swing?

Im thinking about mashie or r11, but really cant make up my mind...

There are two HUGE threads on these hybrids. THP sent them to forum members for testing that spent weeks and months putting their thoughts. Lots of comparisons of both in those threads.

There are two HUGE threads on these hybrids. THP sent them to forum members for testing that spent weeks and months putting their thoughts. Lots of comparisons of both in those threads.

okay, could you pass me the link :) ? also, i can see that you use the mashie, how do you like it? how is your swing? what is your HCP? swing tendencies?

Back