WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

While I agree, look at it from the other side. Stevie has been working with someone for years that is very intense on teh golf course. Then he gets canned and works for one of the nicest and most relaxed guys on the course. Partner that with the other side of this which many have not spoken about. The slight that TW has thrown out there (that some feel) that says "I dont even need a caddie and I will just have a buddy on my bag and show that Stevie was not a big part of this" and you can understand why he feels the way he does.
Yeah, but had Tiger said that after winning today, many would have had a huge problem with that. It wasn't about Woods/Williams.... it was about Adam Scott. How often do you even see them interview a caddy.

How often do you even see them interview a caddy.

Not often, the last one I remember was Bruce Edwards. They got exactly what they went after.

Eldrick did pretty good this week, he only lost by 19 shots. Damn near pulled out a great win.

And Mickelson only lost by 21 and Gmac was only 27 back. Boy, those guys were close!

I agree man, there were slights on both sides. Kind of interesting though, I never thought woods caddying for himself was a dis, but you could be very well right, hmmmm.

I think when you step back and look at things objectively, one could really think that.

Yeah, but had Tiger said that after winning today, many would have had a huge problem with that. It wasn't about Woods/Williams.... it was about Adam Scott. How often do you even see them interview a caddy.

You dont, but everything with Tiger is exaggerated. How many times do you see a guy down by 15 strokes getting good and bad shots shown repeatedly? It is what it is. It was a slight, as I think the entire thing about having a buddy on his bag is. Should he have said it? Probably not, but he did.

Lets face it, every publication is interviewing Stevie right now and do you think thye are asking him about Scott? Of course not. Whether they should or not, he is an interview that people are looking for because he got vindication on the course in his opinion and while he has been loyal for a decade, he feels slighted.

I wonder if SW meant to snub Norman, Finch and Floyd too. We all know it was pointed but cmon. That must have been some kinda special week he and Scott had. I'm guessing this is why they don't interview the caddies.:D

It should be noted that Tiger says he's shopping for a real caddy, and that his buddy is only temporary. Was it done to slight Williams, maybe in part, but I think the main issue is that he's not ready to just throw in a new looper on the fly like some are.

It should be noted that Tiger says he's shopping for a real caddy, and that his buddy is only temporary. Was it done to slight Williams, maybe in part, but I think the main issue is that he's not ready to just throw in a new looper on the fly like some are.

No way. Not in my opinion. You dont come back after all this time off with no caddie and go into a major where you are chasing a record with your buddy, if you are not trying to send a message.

And Mickelson only lost by 21 and Gmac was only 27 back. Boy, those guys were close!

And they've played a lot more than 9 holes since the Masters.

Reactions: JB
No way. Not in my opinion. You dont come back after all this time off with no caddie and go into a major where you are chasing a record with your buddy, if you are not trying to send a message.

Maybe the new caddy's and tiger's lawyers are haggling over the terms of the non-disclosure clause.

That could be true assuming of course that Tiger is there for the reasons you suggest.

If, on the other hand, Tiger is trying to change many things in his life as well as parts of his golf game (which is MY opinion), then he's using this time to evaluate all of that and possibly if he even wants to try to go after records at all at this point.
If so, he certainly wouldn't commit to a "big time" caddy just yet until he's sure.
So for now, his buddy will do just fine.

You dont, but everything with Tiger is exaggerated. How many times do you see a guy down by 15 strokes getting good and bad shots shown repeatedly? It is what it is. It was a slight, as I think the entire thing about having a buddy on his bag is. Should he have said it? Probably not, but he did.

Lets face it, every publication is interviewing Stevie right now and do you think thye are asking him about Scott? Of course not. Whether they should or not, he is an interview that people are looking for because he got vindication on the course in his opinion and while he has been loyal for a decade, he feels slighted.
Completely agree, but to me I could care less about the tabloid stuff and thought higher of a network to take that route, but I guess it sells copy and they'll get a lot of media requests for the quote. And I would be "loyal" too for all that money he made :D

just watched Stevie's comments on CBS and thought it was quite funny. He can't be serious when he said that was the best win he has had in his caddy career? anyway's i get tired of all the Tiger crap and i'm a Tiger fan. Being a huge icon in any sport such as Tiger, ARod, Peyton, Brady any of these guys its good and bad. When your doing good the spotlight is on you and your enjoying it but when it's bad it's on you even more and it sucks but it's how they respond to the negative that will make them and Tiger needs to pull through all this and come out firing at the PGA.

That could be true assuming of course that Tiger is there for the reasons you suggest.

If, on the other hand, Tiger is trying to change many things in his life as well as parts of his golf game (which is MY opinion), then he's using this time to evaluate all of that and possibly if he even wants to try to go after records at all at this point.
If so, he certainly wouldn't commit to a "big time" caddy just yet until he's sure.
So for now, his buddy will do just fine.

I disagree with all that. But we each have our opinions.

Completely agree, but to me I could care less about the tabloid stuff and thought higher of a network to take that route, but I guess it sells copy and they'll get a lot of media requests for the quote. And I would be "loyal" too for all that money he made :D

All TW fans hate the tabloid stuff. Im not taking a shot at them as a whole in any way, but its the truth, because the tabloid stuff is always negative about him based on the last 24 months.

Maybe TW is doin the best he can right now. He is getting help from a friend who carried for him before so it's not like he hired a monkey. Maybe there was some friction between him and SW and he saw it wasn't going away. Thats my guess anyway.

All TW fans hate the tabloid stuff. Im not taking a shot at them as a whole in any way, but its the truth, because the tabloid stuff is always negative about him based on the last 24 months.
I watched as a golf fan and saw Scott with an impressive win, just thought it was cheapened at the end

I watched as a golf fan and saw Scott with an impressive win, just thought it was cheapened at the end

I'm with you!

That's exactly what I thought.

On Fowler, his last 4 starts have had these results: T13 (AT&T National), T5 (Open Championship), T22 (Canadian Open), T2 (Bridgestone). That's a pretty good run for him, could be a sneaky pick for the PGA next week.

I don't see a good week for Fowler coming up. Love the kid, but don't see it happening.

Maybe there was some friction between him and SW and he saw it wasn't going away. Thats my guess anyway.

From what I've heard your guess is right, there were some major trust issues on both sides and they couldn't work through them.

I was really hoping that Ishikawa would pull out the win today (because it would have been a great win for him,for the people of Japan and because he is donating all his winnings to the tsunami relief effort) but it was a great win for Adam Scott and Steve Williams. Clearly Tiger needs Williams much more than Williams needs Tiger.
Tiger was absolutely out of his mind to let Williams go.

With Tiger out of it, I was pulling for Day.

I like his style of play and I like his temperament.
I think he's going to be very good.

Great Win by Adam Scott and Stevie! A very dominating performance especially down the stretch, which is were I think having a great caddy like SW helped tons, keeping him loose and "in the moment". We've seen a lot of guys lately crumble down the stretch and AS, not only didnt fall back, he kept his foot on the gas.

As far as SW's comments, the chemistry and comradary with AS seemed very easy, and I think his comments were more about that than Eldrick.

It kills me that the Tiger lovers have to come to his rescue even in a thread devoted to a tournament and not about him.

Tiger fans are poor winners, but they are even worse as losers.

Great Win by Adam Scott and Stevie! A very dominating performance especially down the stretch, which is were I think having a great caddy like SW helped tons, keeping him loose and "in the moment". We've seen a lot of guys lately crumble down the stretch and AS, not only didnt fall back, he kept his foot on the gas.

As far as SW's comments, the chemistry and comradary with AS seemed very easy, and I think his comments were more about that than Eldrick.

It kills me that the Tiger lovers have to come to his rescue even in a thread devoted to a tournament and not about him.

Tiger fans are poor winners, but they are even worse as losers.

Were we watching the same tournament?

Tiger finished up, had a brief interview in which he said that he had a lot to work on, was gracious, smiled quite a bit and then he left.

It was CBS and Williams that turned this into the Tiger Woods show, so what is there to defend?
As an unabashed Tiger fan, I was happy to see him play and I think Watson was right when he told McCord after Saturday's round that he thought Tiger was "very close".

The tournament itself was a lot of fun to watch and had many potential winners and almost went down to the wire until Scott chipped in at (14, was it?) and began to pull away. Though I've never been a big AS fan, I was happy to see him win and happy to see him so confident.
I saw many great shots by many players who will be great one day and overall I thought it was a great week for professional golf and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.

Can you explain to me just how that makes me a poor loser? :confused2:

With Tiger out of it, I was pulling for Day.

I like his style of play and I like his temperament.
I think he's going to be very good.

Ditto. Was hoping Day would have been matched up with Scott for the final day, as I thought it would have been a great pairing for the final round.

Day will win soon enough for sure. The guy is fun to watch.

Back