WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

You do realize that Steve Williams was not TW's first job right? And who he caddied for right?
Couldnt be Adam Scott wanting to follow his idol Greg Norman with those things right? Have to admit, kind of shocked right now. A guy openly idolized a former pro golfer and chooses to use his coach and caddie, and yet you believe it was because he is just going after Tiger Woods' "sloppy seconds". Wow!

I guess Woods' really wanted Norman's sloppy seconds huh?

Swap a bum leg for a nagging shoulder and viola, the shark redux!

People emulate success not failure, the Scott/Woods stuff is laughable.

--
tapatalk

You are totally missing the point. Let me help you out. ADAM SCOTT HIRED TIGER'S FORMER SWING COACH. HE THEN PAID THE FORMER SWING COACH TO CHANGE HIS SWING TO LOOK EXACTLY LIKE TIGER'S OLD SWING.

Of course changing caddies and swing coaches happens all the time. But do you know of any other player in the history of the game who has changed his swing to look EXACTLY like one of his contemparies?

Some guys try to borrow elements from Hogan. Some guys try to pattern their tempo after Snead. Nicklaus changed the way a generation approached hitting the ball. But again, do you know of another single tour player who scrapped his swing and then cloned another player's swing? I await your list. I'm sure it's a lengthy one.

Im not missing any point. If that is how you want to view things, by all means do it, however many would find it rather laughable. Some people might say that Woods must have really been chasing down Greg Norman's sloppy seconds to go after both his caddie and his swing coach. Or maybe now, he is dying to have Hunter Mahan's sloppy seconds with that hybrid stack and tilt swing.

A guy choosing a caddie and coach based on the fact that his childhood idol used them is nothing new and you cannot expect swings to be that different based on their coaches. They both had their swings rebuilt by the same coach, what would you expect them to have? Do you think someone goes to Harmon and gets a swing rebuilt and the finished product looks like Jim Furyks?

This is absolutely ridiculous to me that on one hand Woods uses all of Greg Normans people and its normal and then Scott does the same and its sloppy seconds. But then again, based on the past, I am not really surprised.

--
tapatalk

Nail meet head! :act-up:

If it can make me a PGA Tour player then I want dirty thirds. :D

Who cares about who follows who. Oh and Adam Scott putts with a broom stick so he must be getting sloppy seconds from Carl Petterson (that's gross just thinking about that). Ease up Sean Avery.

I see you can't answer the question of how many tour players have cloned another tour player's swing. Exactly. As in you can't tell any difference between them. Harmon didn't just teach Scott fundamentals, techniques and philosophies that were similar to the ones he taught Woods.

Harmon may be the most-accomplished teacher in the game's history

Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Stewart Cink
Greg Norman
Davis Love III
Fred Couples
Justin Leonard
Nick Watney
Adam Scott
Dustin Johnson
Natalie Gulbis

There are probably others. Does Watney's swing look exactly like Johnson's? Does Mickelson's swing look exactly like DL III's? Would you ever confuse Norman and Cink? Of course not.

Same with Foley's students. There is a basic philosophy with most of them, but there are major, major differences. Put videos of Mahan and Woods next to each other. You could pick out 10 differences between their swings and positions. Put videos of the old swings of Scott and Woods together. And there is no difference. The postures and positions are identical -- all the way through the swing. I can't believe you don't find this unusual.

I find unusual why Tiger Woods would want everything that Greg Norman had. I mean why would he possibly want his caddie and his coach? Nothing but a bunch of sloppy seconds. :egyptian::eek:k::rofl:

Did their swings look similar back in 2004? Sure. Butch Harmon just finished rebuilding a swing that many said was the best ever. Why would he not want to work that into someone elses swing as well.

By the way SW, I love it. Shark Redux

So, how bout Ishikawa today? I like me some Ihsikawa. C'mon Ishikawa! :rofl:

This thread has done gone mind boggling lol

So, how bout Ishikawa today? I like me some Ihsikawa. C'mon Ishikawa!

Does that surprise you JM? I mean take a deeper look...hehe

Keegan, AS, Ryo, Handy Smurf, etc....What a great Sunday of golf.

Does that surprise you JM? I mean take a deeper look...hehe

Keegan, AS, Ryo, Handy Smurf, etc....What a great Sunday of golf.

Haha, not at all JB. Just trying to bring a little chuckle of diffusion to the thread, you know me lol

I'm pretty pumped, house didn't burn down and I get a sweet day of good golf on TV, love it.

Fowler birdies the 1st. Lets Go!!!

Could this finally be the day..?

So, how bout Ishikawa today? I like me some Ihsikawa. C'mon Ishikawa! :rofl:

+ 384....

+1 seemed lame so chose a random number.

Oh boy...hear comes the RF cheer section. :D

Ryo FTW.

Oh boy...hear comes the RF cheer section. :D

Ryo FTW.

I gotta see his outfit first. Depends if he is playing college ball or has finally joined the PGA.

Skim alert... Tiger is using the Nike Method today...

Tap tap taparoo

Guess it's back to the drawing board. Have not seen him today but averaging 1.85 per GIR. About the same as the previous 3 days.

Let's go Freddie Jac!
So much personality on the top of this leaderboard. Should be a fun day.

1. Go to you dictionary and look up "replica," "clone," "duplicate," "reproduction," "copy." etc.
2. Make a list of the tour players who were contemporaries whose swings were identical. Get help from your buddies in the tour van, if necessary.

And no, there swings didn't look similar. They were identical. I-D-E-N-T-I-C-A-L.

Eight years later, analysts are still talking about it. Faldo mentioned it yesterday. To my knowledge, Faldo has never said on the air: "Mickelson/Johnson/Norman/Gulbis has Woods' old swing." But yesterday he said, "Scott has Wood's old swing."

I've never seen stories in print, on TV or videos on youtube that say any other player has copied Woods' (or anyone else's, for that matter) swing to a T.

1. Go to you dictionary and look up "replica," "clone," "duplicate," "reproduction," "copy." etc.
2. Make a list of the tour players who were contemporaries whose swings were identical. Get help from your buddies in the tour van, if necessary.

And no, there swings didn't look similar. They were identical. I-D-E-N-T-I-C-A-L.

Eight years later, analysts are still talking about it. Faldo mentioned it yesterday. To my knowledge, Faldo has never said on the air: "Mickelson/Johnson/Norman/Gulbis has Woods' old swing." But yesterday he said, "Scott has Wood's old swing."

I've never seen stories in print, on TV or videos on youtube that say any other player has copied Woods' (or anyone else's, for that matter) swing to a T.

Let it go already.

He needs the monkey off his back

Agreed - would be good for the sport to continue to see some young guys (Americans specifically) really get on a roll and make some stuff happen. I think the American domination of golf is officially over and has been for several years. Just so much parody on tour that I just don't see anyone dominating anytime soon as you know who did years ago.

Agreed - would be good for the sport to continue to see some young guys (Americans specifically) really get on a roll and make some stuff happen. I think the American domination of golf is officially over and has been for several years. Just so much parody on tour that I just don't see anyone dominating anytime soon as you know who did years ago.

But honestly I wouldn't mind at all seeing Ryo winning. Knowing where the money is going

HAHAHAHHAHAH!

I mean Butch, then Stevie....I mean those are sloppy seconds, like you said.
But based on the turn of events in the last 2 years, I guess we know those weren't the first
:clown::clown::clown::clown:

My goodness your right....It is not a trend, its a downright crime against humanity...hehe

Does Jacobsen wear Callaway attire?

Nice to see Adam Scott pull out the broom putter. Tiger's been gaming one for years.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Back