chillidipper

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing for a few years now and have never had a lesson.(stupid I know) I have a set of Titleist 981 dci. I bought them years ago and didn't know what I was doing.(Still don't) I hit these ok, I just went and got fitted @Golf USA with the Mizuno. I found out I needed to be 1*flat, so I had my current clubs bent. Still, I do ok with them. I have two bad elbows and can't generate any swing speed with my stiff steel shafts. My question is do I need new clubs, or lessons or both? If so what is the best clubs for me based on what I told you? Steel or Graphite? Been looking at TM Burner Plus and Mizuno mx200

I guess I should also mention that I shoot between 95-100, but was better when I played more and had good elbows. Any info would be great.

Lets keep the Ask the Pro section clean until our THP Pro has a chance to come in and answer. Thanks.

Sorry JB just read that part, my bad.

I would stick with the burner plus or the burner super launch. They are more for your swing. The mx200 have a great feel, but might be behind your evolving swing..if u want mizunos try the mx 100. More forgiving and come with hybrids.

It is tuff to make a recommendation off of what you have there. With any injury I would like to know how are the elbows now and do you need graphite to absorb some of the shock from a shot? My thoughts are to consult a pro have them look at your swing and get there opinion on where to go. You may need to make some changes to your swings with the injury and the equipment you have may work just fine with some minor changes to the swing. Seek out some help and let me know what they tell you.

Back