The bad thing about adjustable clubs

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
I went out yesterday and played a round with a buddy and overall shot fairly well, but I kept coming up short when using my 3w and long with my 5w. Apparently before we went out, I had to go back into the clubhouse so my buddy thought it would be funny to switch the head covers on my 3w and 5w and change them from N to NU as they are both R9s. The first couple shots with what I thought was my 3w I was coming up 20-30 yards short and couldn't figure it out and just chalked it up to colder weather yesterday. The bad part is on 2 of these holes I needed the extra distance as you have to carry desert as the fairway doesn't start until the 200-220yd mark. Then I get to a par 3 that I usually use my 5w for as it is 212yds and I end up flying the green which I NEVER do. It wasn't until I hit a fairway shot with my supposed 3w and I was cleaning it did I see what he did. When I first took out my 3w I thought it setup kind of weird, but didn't think twice about it. Now I have to come up with something to screw with him in the future. I usually wait a few rounds so he doesn't know when its coming.

:rofl::laughing: That's a good one, I'll have to remember that next time I play with a certain golf buddy. :D

I am honestly thinking about taking nail polish or something and writing the numbers 3 and 5 on top of the head so I know when looking down. I have in the past grabbed the wrong club as they look so similar and the headcovers are the same. I might even get a different headcover for one of them. My pro shop has a ton of headcovers on sale right now for $5 each from every brand.

Re:The bad thing about adjustable clubs

You have to appreciate some good, clean fun with a few buddies! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That is a good one to try out.

I could see where you were a little pissed but you had to have gotten a good laugh about it afterwards. Ill have to remember that one.

That a pretty good one. I may use that one some day on a couple of guys I golf with.

As for adjustable clubs, I have found that all my clubs are adjustable. My swing automatically adjust them for me from time to time...........:banghead:

I'm suprised you were unable to tell the difference between the 3 from the 5 wood. Loft and size should have been a dead giveaway?

I'm suprised you were unable to tell the difference between the 3 from the 5 wood. Loft and size should have been a dead giveaway?

exactly what I was thinking (plus the club number is written on the bottom of the clubhead)

I can't belive the guy took the time to change the hosel position though, that seems a bit mean spirited (the headcover swap is good fun IMO)

That's what I was thinking too. They don't look that close in size.

:laughing: Hehehe... good story. On behalf of all R9 owners, thanks for sharing that. From now on, I'll be sure to check my clubs whenever left unattended with a mischievious buddy... :laughing:

If you want to get him back here is a little trick I played on a buddy once. He had gotten me about a month before so he had payback coming. I met the beer girl before our round and slipped her a $50 bill. Asked her to take 1 random club from his bag each time she came around and give it to the marshal. He would return it a few whole later. By the third time he went to grab a club and it was missing he thought he was going to lose his mind. If you can find a way to distract him while she sneaks to his bag it is easy to do. Keep buying him drinks and let him wander to his ball. The girl and I were dying of laughter by the back nine. It was awesome and he never caught on. Just kept thinking he was leaving clubs all over the course. Good luck!

I golf with a buddy who did this all on his own.Keep pulling his l wedge thinking it was a seven iron or vice versa.I guess when you're drinking the difference in length and how much face you see don't send a signal to your brain that you have the wrong club.

Back