Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But would you be surprised if they did? Unless im wrong, which I usually am, the Yankees came out of no where for Texeira. Remember everyone thought he was either going to the Sox, Nats or the Orioles.

No Texeira made more sense for the Yankees, there was interest from the Red Sox (reason enough), he plays gold glove defense at a position where they were in need. And I believe he is younger.

I think the Natinals might have the highest win/loss turn around this year.
My favorite Nationals moment from last year.
Spoiler
natinals-washington.jpg

No Texeira made more sense for the Yankees, there was interest from the Red Sox (reason enough), he plays gold glove defense at a position where they were in need. And I believe he is younger.
At the time last year, everyone thought the Yankees were going to put the newly acquired Nick Swisher at first and try and resign Abreu to play right. Tex made sense for them but after the CC and AJ contract I couldnt believe they dished out for another superstar. The whole thing was crazy.

At the time last year, everyone thought the Yankees were going to put the newly acquired Nick Swisher at first and try and resign Abreu to play right. Tex made sense for them but after the CC and AJ contract I couldnt believe they dished out for another superstar. The whole thing was crazy.

Welcome to Yankee baseball :D

No thanks, Ill stick with my boys in blue. :blob: Although this offseason is a bit embarrassing.

Agreed, I thought after last season they would definately go after a front line #1 pitcher but did nothing. I know the divorce is the cause but still.

Agreed, I thought after last season they would definately go after a front line #1 pitcher but did nothing. I know the divorce is the cause but still.

Reports say that all spending is frozen but with the trade of Pierre they might have freed up some money for a pitcher. I would take a chance with Padilla again, he might be cheap enough.

anyone have a clue what's going to happen with damon?

My gut tells me he goes back to the Yankees. At a reduced rate and plays left

I would agree with that. No one will pay him what he wants elsewhere. He is asking a little too much for a guy that is aging and has little power. With that Yankees, he is a pretty good fit.

I would agree with that. No one will pay him what he wants elsewhere. He is asking a little too much for a guy that is aging and has little power. With that Yankees, he is a pretty good fit.

is matsui gone? i haven't been able to keep up with the off season as much as usual. didn't melky get traded too? wow...i really need to do some research....

is matsui gone? i haven't been able to keep up with the off season as much as usual. didn't melky get traded too? wow...i really need to do some research....

ok...yeah matsui is gone. if i was running that show i would sign him for dirt cheap and DH him...with granderson and gardner's young legs he might be able to extend his career a couple years...

Matsui is supposedly going to the Angels ( not sure if that was done yet) Melky was traded lst week to the Braves for J. Vasquez So right now the outfield/DH is Ganderson in Center , Swisher in Right, Nick Johnson is DH and I guess Brett Gardner in Left. I am not sure who is out there as a left fielder other than Damon

Matsui is supposedly going to the Angels ( not sure if that was done yet) Melky was traded lst week to the Braves for J. Vasquez So right now the outfield/DH is Ganderson in Center , Swisher in Right, Nick Johnson is DH and I guess Brett Gardner in Left. I am not sure who is out there as a left fielder other than Damon

knowing the yankees they might ink Vlad to some multi million dollar one year absurd deal and DH him for 81 games. have you ever thought about what you could do with that type of a budget or with access to those types of funds???

I agree that he'll end up back with the Yankees, probably something in the 2 yrs for 12 to 18 million total. He is getting up in age, but with that jet stream to right field at Yankee Stadium, Damon still has decent power. He ended up with 24 homers last year, and I could see him easily in the 15 to 25 homer range again this year playing for the Yankees.

knowing the yankees they might ink Vlad to some multi million dollar one year absurd deal and DH him for 81 games. have you ever thought about what you could do with that type of a budget or with access to those types of funds???

Matsui is already a done deal with the Halos, 1 year 6 million I think. The Yankees signed Nick Johnson to DH this year so I dont think they would bring in Vladdy, he just cant play the field anymore. I see him going to Texas or maybe even Oakland.
I think Damon will end up back with the Yankees but I heard the Giants were making a run at him.

I guess the Cubs are close to a deal with Marlon Byrd as well, 3 years 15 million.

I agree that he'll end up back with the Yankees, probably something in the 2 yrs for 12 to 18 million total. He is getting up in age, but with that jet stream to right field at Yankee Stadium, Damon still has decent power. He ended up with 24 homers last year, and I could see him easily in the 15 to 25 homer range again this year playing for the Yankees.

I think you are right. Damon and Boras are learning that aging outfielders with poor arms are not exactly in huge demand. Damon had very good numbers last year, but would he ever approach those numbers with a different line-up? Forget the Yanks signing Vlad, they have Johnson and will also have to DH Posada at least 30-40 games. If the Yanks make a surprise signing, look for Ben Sheets.

Matsui is already a done deal with the Halos, 1 year 6 million I think. The Yankees signed Nick Johnson to DH this year so I dont think they would bring in Vladdy, he just cant play the field anymore. I see him going to Texas or maybe even Oakland.
I think Damon will end up back with the Yankees but I heard the Giants were making a run at him.

I guess the Cubs are close to a deal with Marlon Byrd as well, 3 years 15 million.

Byrd is a done deal for the Cubbies....they'll prob move Fukudome to RF now. God Byrd sucked with the Phils...can't believe he's getting $5m/yr now.

I think Damon goes elsewhere under the cover story of 'the Yanks dissed us so we went to someone who really wanted us' Boras got his bluffed called by the Yanks when they signed Granderson

That's too bad, Jason Bay will be going to the Mets instead of sticking with Boston...For more money!! They make tons of money as it is already, who knows...:confused2:

That's too bad, Jason Bay will be going to the Mets instead of sticking with Boston...For more money!! They make tons of money as it is already, who knows...:confused2:

You raise an excellent point. Assuming these guys have half a brain, I would think that after taxes, the difference in salary for a guy like Bey would not be all that much. Why would he want to play for a team very unlikely to be a contender for the next couple of years at least, patrol that cavern in Citifield, and become the lightning rod for media attention when he can play for a much better team?

You raise an excellent point. Assuming these guys have half a brain, I would think that after taxes, the difference in salary for a guy like Bey would not be all that much. Why would he want to play for a team very unlikely to be a contender for the next couple of years at least, patrol that cavern in Citifield, and become the lightning rod for media attention when he can play for a much better team?

I wonder if its the fact that you make a ton of money that you just get greedy and keep wanting more and lots of it :confused2: They make way too much money, granted, they've got talent, but they still make way too much money!!

I am not too sure about that statement. Remember last year the Mets were destroyed with injuries, they are still in a huge media market and money to improve the team will be there. He will not have to contain with the green monster also. NY is not such a bad option.

I am not too sure about that statement. Remember last year the Mets were destroyed with injuries, they are still in a huge media market and money to improve the team will be there. He will not have to contain with the green monster also. NY is not such a bad option.

Isn't Citifield smaller than Fenway? I wonder what I'm going to do with my #44 Bay Boston Red Sox shirt now :confused2:

Isn't Citifield smaller than Fenway? I wonder what I'm going to do with my #44 Bay Boston Red Sox shirt now :confused2:

CitiField is bigger than Fenway. The talk around baseball last year was that David Wright and co. didn't hit as many homers as they did at Shea because CitiField is much bigger. Personally I bet Wright was on the juice but that's coming from a Phillies fan. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back