My fun round today

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
Today I took a little time of work to get in 18 holes at my "home" club, albeit at the other course that I don't play that often. I was hoping to play alone so that I can work on my game a bit, but to my initial dismay, there were 2 fellas waiting with the starter at the fist tee.

After the initial introduction and small talk for a couple holes, we got to talking about other courses in the area. They both had played numerous other courses, which of course, led me to asking what they did for a living that allowed them to make the rounds to all the Chicagoland courses. Suprisingly, they both worked for the PGA, Illinois section. One of them was the director of tournaments. They guys were a pleasure to play with and cool guys to boot. We talked a lot about the tournaments and courses in the area.

They both played very well... and from the tips (measuring 7,166 yards / 75.1 / 135). Haven't played the course from that far back, but was able to hold my own.

We all got along pretty well, and we are going to play again later this fall when the tournaments slow down for them. And the icing on the cake is that he can pretty much get us on any of the private courses in Chicagoland (there are many nice ones here). Though, I would be happy to join these fellas at a muni because they are just fun to play with.

Thats sweet!!!!! Sounds like you had fun!

Thats sweet!!!!! Sounds like you had fun!

It was a blast, and I am looking forward to getting in a couple more rounds with these fellas. He even suggested Medinah, but like I said, I wouldn't care if it was a simple muni. But, on the other hand, Medinah would be awesome.

That's awesome! I usually get paired up with pleasant people but I've never been that lucky.

It was a blast, and I am looking forward to getting in a couple more rounds with these fellas. He even suggested Medinah, but like I said, I wouldn't care if it was a simple muni. But, on the other hand, Medinah would be awesome.

I had a buddy that was a greenskeeper at Medinah. I don't know why he gave it up to move to southern IL.

wow, ya never know who you'll meet, good times.

Back