CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone, after lurking for a few weeks I finally decided to join. Looking forward to posting, and here's a quick rundown of me.

I've been an avid Golf watcher for about 2 years and then in late 09' my brother gave me his old set of clubs to see if I'd like the game, I was immediately hooked and wanted to play whenever I could. My favorite Golfers are Villegas and Poulter, so naturally I wanted a Cobra set, hence the User Name as well.

I purchased a 4-GW of Cobra UFi irons, slightly used under $400, seeing the suggested retail at other sites I was jaw dropped to find that price, and after carefully reading and gathering information on what clubs would be best for beginners, the UFi stood out, because after all, I can use all the forgiveness I can get, hah. Added a 10.5 S9-1 M driver and Baffler TWS hybrid, and I was ready to go, also subscribed to Golf Magazine so I can read as much as I can.

I golfed for about 6 months, some range time by myself and just going out with friends...Well last month when I finally got sick of shooting in the 120s:bad:, I was ready to take the game more serious. So 4 of the next 5 Thursdays I am getting my 1st lessons in hopes to improving my game and enjoy the summer!

Looking forward to posting and interacting with you all!

Welcome to THP Cobra! Look up the Florida Golf Outing coming up in the middle of April.

Welcome to THP!!!

:welcome: This site will just cause a greater addiction to this wonderful game. Not sure if that's a bad thing either...

Wow all these new Tampa folks! Welcome to THP neighbor!

welcome aboard new guy!

Welcome to THP Cobra! Look up the Florida Golf Outing coming up in the middle of April.
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I checked it out, nice chatter and feedback in that thread. Kind of short notice for me since I joined late, schedule is cluttered. But I do look forward to future outings.

Welcome to THP

Last edited:
welcome!

Welcome to THP!!! JB and I recently moved from the Tampa area. Which courses do you play at over there? I used to take lessons at Westchase.

welcome to thp. i dare say that old gray golf's gonna like you (shh! he's a cobra man as well)

Welcome to THP Cobra! Based on everything you tell us it seems that you're well on your way to becoming a solid golfer in the near future. Having the drive for it then seeking the instruction of someone who knows what they're teaching is a great start! Keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome to THP!

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome to THP!!! JB and I recently moved from the Tampa area. Which courses do you play at over there? I used to take lessons at Westchase.

I've played Mangrove Bay Par 3 course. Countryway. And NorthDale. I did get some WestChase "Advantage Card" passes from my brother for Christmas for 2010. Discounts year round up to like 40% off and such, GPS hooked up to the cart, the whole cha-bang. Looking forward to playing that course this summer.

I start my lessons next Thursday at Mangrove Bay with an instructor I was referred to by a friend. So I'm just ready to go out.

Thanks again for the welcomes. Definitely a fan of the other sub-forums on this board.

Back