MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
can someone direct me to basic info about shafts? I'll be getting fitted for my driver since I'm no longer happy with the ball flight with my R9 SuperTri (10.5) with the Motore (R) shaft... I always thought that the R9 SuperTri promotes higher ball flight and I was happy with it for a while... after hitting a few clubs with (S) shafts, I'm questioning if I need a (S) shaft now... anyway, if you guys can direct me to info about shafts, I'd greatly appreciate it... I don't know much about them but I've read and told that they help with the ball flight... my swing speed ranges from mid to high 90's, if that helps...

Thanks in advance...

I would say first thing see if you can find an issue of the THP Magazine Spring Issue. It has an interview with Tim Gillis called "Shafts for Newbies" that is a great article to help people understand shaft technology and the buzz words and what they mean.

You can also listen to 2 different interviews with Tim Gillis (the THP Shaft Expert) on THP Radio and he answers tons of questions from readers.

Check out the THP Radio show with Tim from Miyazaki.

awesome... on the way there now... :D

Back