Mizuno MP-53 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New for 2010 From Mizuno Golf.

Introducing the new MP-53 irons featuring a Diamond Muscle design and “V” slot Milled Pocket Cavity™. Checking all the boxes required to be an MP model, the MP-53 has the head size, playing profile, and top line to please even the most demanding shotmakers.

But what sets this MP iron apart is an innovative CNC milled Pocket Cavity which removes 14 grams of weight. This weight is strategically redistributed around the cavity to achieve the largest sweet area ever in an MP iron, delivering maximum playability while remaining extremely versatile.

In addition, the MP-53 irons were scientifically designed through Mizuno’s use of Modal Analysis and Harmonic Impact Technology, which perfectly tunes the sound of impact to deliver the ultimate in feel.

Paying close attention to how the sole interacts with the turf, Mizuno applied a 360° grind on the back cavity for increased shot making ability. This unique grind also provides a thinner top line for an eye pleasing look at address. Mizuno’s patented Grain Flow Forging™ process and these advanced design technologies combine in the MP-53 to optimize feel, playability, and performance.

"V" slot CNC Milled Pocket Cavity™ (3-7 irons) redistributes weight to deliver the largest MOI ever in an MP iron.
Diamond Muscle design for amazing feel and enhanced ball control.
Scientifically designed to optimize sound and feel at impact utilizing Modal Analysis and Harmonic Impact Technology.
Patented Grain Flow Forged™ 1025E "Pure Select" mild carbon steel provide the ultimate soft, solid, and consistent feel.
360° grind top line and sole for pleasing look and ideal turf interaction.
Modified U-grooves, which conform to the Condition of Competition, produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.

1006220845_R5qCg-L-1.jpg

1006220873_nxCG6-L-1.jpg

1006220927_3i2WG-L-1.jpg

1006220982_PFr9b-L-1.jpg

1006221025_mma3d-L-1.jpg

I love these too. The face is beautiful and digging the Mizuno patch on the cavity. I think if I were to try any of them maybe these would be better for me than the 63's.

Mizuno has really brought their 'A' game with these new irons (53's and 63's). these actually look like you could 'open' the face a bit to hit these, almost like a wedge

Looks very nice!!

I would definitely feel more confident hitting these than the 63. I like that the topline looks a little thicker.

That cavity is a work of beastlyness.

Oooh! Such sweet irons! I need these...

Thesee are some really nice looking irons! i like the simple clean looks.

I'd hit it

i'm a bit confused between the differences of the mp 53, the 63 and that other one (the pro one). can you just explain the differences to me in just lay man terms?

Nice looking sticks no doubt! I bet these dawgs are user friendly :in-love:. They just look like a fun iron to hit.

All these sweet irons that are being released is really making it hard to decide which you like the most.

i'm a bit confused between the differences of the mp 53, the 63 and that other one (the pro one). can you just explain the differences to me in just lay man terms?

My understanding... and I could be 100% wrong is that the 53 has a true cavity back (look at picture number 3) where as the 63 is a true muscle back without cavity.

Compare
Spoiler
1006215951_74Rxe-L-1.jpg

Spoiler
1006220982_PFr9b-L-1.jpg

While they both use the diamond weighting system it appears the 53 would be more "forgiving" because of the players cavity back where as the 63 would be more your traditional "players blade" with a little bit of an update.

Edit: After putting the pictures side by side I agree with my original assessment- but it is more subtle than I thought it would be.

thanks gus. so the jlx/jpx/klx/jpk 800 and 800 pro, i'm assuming that the 800 pretty much replaces the mx1000 and the pro replaces the mx300's?

too much mizuno stuff for me to wrap my head around.

thanks gus. so the jlx/jpx/klx/jpk 800 and 800 pro, i'm assuming that the 800 pretty much replaces the mx1000 and the pro replaces the mx300's?

That seems to be the idea.

I think when it is all said and done, Mizuno will have between 6-8 iron sets released in 2010 alone. That makes TM look light on releases.

Thats how I am reading it anyways.
To my eye the Pro looks to be between the 200 and the 300 but I haven't spent any large amount of time with any of the mizuno irons to offer any sort of opinion... just what my eyes and a handful of practice swings have told me.

no wonder i feel confused then. 6-8 iron set releases in a calendar year? that can't be normal, can it?

no wonder i feel confused then. 6-8 iron set releases in a calendar year? that can't be normal, can it?

I thought the MX 200/300s had been out for 2 years?
I didn't get back into equipment until I joined here in april. Everything before that I have to plead ignorance.

I didn't get back into equipment until I joined here in april. Everything before that I have to plead ignorance.

well, i'm pretty sure the 300's were out at the end of 09/start of 10' but i too could be wrong. but then there's the mx1000's, which came out earlier this year too. then all those mp's and stuff.

well, i'm pretty sure the 300's were out at the end of 09/start of 10' but i too could be wrong. but then there's the mx1000's, which came out earlier this year too. then all those mp's and stuff.

I don't think I have ever seen a 1000 (or even know what it is supposed to be). Silly mizuno.

I can see a mixed set of 53/63 being a very popular option this coming year.

It never has. It just strikes me odd that so many complain about other companies and releasing so many products.

Fall of 09 for a Spring 10 national launch (according to catalog here). 200's came out months before 300s did. New MP line this year as well as 300s and 1000s.

4 sets earlier in the year and 4 sets now. That is a LOT of irons for one year.

Back