Mizuno MP-53 Irons

I am currently using the MX-100s, they are my first set of clubs and I have been playing for a year or so. I bought them based on reviews regarding their forgiveness. What differences would I notice if I switched out to these clubs? If it helps, I am getting better but right now still shoot right around 100, so I definitely need a GI iron.

I am currently using the MX-100s, they are my first set of clubs and I have been playing for a year or so. I bought them based on reviews regarding their forgiveness. What differences would I notice if I switched out to these clubs? If it helps, I am getting better but right now still shoot right around 100, so I definitely need a GI iron.

You would notice far less forgiveness on mishits in my opinion.

Yeah, there is no doubt I need the extra help. These irons are just a total wow esthetically which got me interested... but I cant give up any forgiveness right now...

You'd soon forget how pretty they are when you can't hit them. Stick to what works...looks are a bonus and nothing more.

You'd soon forget how pretty they are when you can't hit them. Stick to what works...looks are a bonus and nothing more.

I agree 100% Ouimet
I was in total lust with these irons after the outing. If I had the game for them I would put them in my bag and never think twice about it. I just don't have a swing that is conducive to making good scores with these (or right now- with ANY) irons. That being said, I would recommend these for anyone who is looking to step up in the GE irons without loosing the comfort of a little bit of forgiveness. I would still rate the forgiveness of these over most of the other "players" cavity irons on the market right now. There are concerns about the distance of these irons, but I don't feel I can comment on it. Too much wind on the range and my swing is just to weird!

Recieved mine today. 4-PW with KBS Tour Regular and black/white gp dd2. They look really beautiful in my hand. Unfortunately i cant take them to the course due to horrable back pain. what a shame. :crying:

on a good day I shoot par... have played the mx-300s for almost a year and got a set of 53's that I played one tournament with and 6 rounds with as well... they were way over my head.. and age has slowed me down but I recall my mp-60s as being a bit easier for me to hit (though I was a much better player 5 years ago).. I'm a big proponent of playing clubs that are well within my capabilities... ordered a set of jpx-800 pros today and think they will satisfy my "urge".. I play with a half dozen guys ranging from a touring pro (and two former PGA members) to a 6 index fella and all of them (including the pros) are all about solid contact and forgiveness.. we often play for a little cash and nobody cares how sweet their bag might look.. it's about a nice looking scorecard...gotta say: the 53's in the short irons are money and I have never seen a better looking club: http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r244/jazzmonk/

Bought them after rave reviews and they are brilliant. I bought into the Ping i20 hype on the forums and after almost losing faith in my game switched to these. SO glad I did.

Wow, that's a pretty stout statement. What about the Mizzies did you like so much more?

2 years on and I'm still considering buying these. I went and demo'd these recently and absolutely loved them. Put the right shaft in and the 53's were 1/2 a club longer - super accurate as well. Still stuck between these, the MC's and the j40 DPC. Seriously tough decision.

Any one still gaming these other than me? I love the feel and while the distance isn't quite what a lot of other guys get they are superbly consistent and repeatable. Loving the looks of the new mp15.

Last edited:
Any one still gaming these other then me? I love the feel and while the distance isn't quite what a lot of other guys get they are superbly consistent and reputable. Loving the looks of the new mp15.
I know myself and ststicline still are. Great feel, and very consistent.

Back