The Tour Championship [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Very interesting Tour Championship this year as so many could walk away with the crown of Player of the Year. Who do you like, who will disappoint? What do you expect to see this week?

I think this has the makings of a very exciting championship. You have two younger guys in Kooch and DJ that could take it easily and Stricker who can get hot and go home with the money. I love it. I'm picking Kooch to win it all. I think Lefty will disappoint again.

I really don't even have a guess as to who I think will win the Tour Championship. Having the week off to rest may have been good for some and bad for others. The guys that are hot may suffer from the break but others like Kuchar who was fighting a nasty cold might have greatly benefited from some additional rest.

I do not expect to see Charley Hoffman play well again. I hate to say it but I think his win during the playoffs was a total fluke. Puttin4bird's pick to win it, Zach Johnson, still has a chance but really it's anyone's game now.

I really don't even have a guess as to who I think will win the Tour Championship. Having the week off to rest may have been good for some and bad for others. The guys that are hot may suffer from the break but others like Kuchar who was fighting a nasty cold might have greatly benefited from some additional rest.

I do not expect to see Charley Hoffman play well again. I hate to say it but I think his win during the playoffs was a total fluke. Puttin4bird's pick to win it, Zach Johnson, still has a chance but really it's anyone's game now.

Yea, I don't think the Hoff is going to get hot like that again. He's a solid golfer that should win again, but not Champion material.

phil will win!

stricker will flop!

DJ and Kuch will put some heat on phil, but he and his manlyness will overcome.

I don't want to put the curse on anyone... But I do have a WFH day today which means plenty of work and golf on tv :) I thought I would be golfed out but it couldnt be anymore the opposite. I want to see a guy like Kuchar win it because he just seems like a good all around guy. Not that the others dont but I would like to see him win it. He has been beyond consistant and playing at a high level. I like this guy.

phil will win!

stricker will flop!

You are one dedicated man, TC.

Luke Donald wins

Phil flop(and I don't mean the shot)

DJ puts some heat on, but chokes

Kuch plays mediocre golf

I like to switch it up every now and then as well.

me too, but unfortunately mike weir decided to take this season off, so i don't have a ton of choices. :)

lol. that one went over your head, buddy.

phil will win!

stricker will flop!

Lulz! You got some dedication dude, but I think that high elevation has finally gotten to you.

I'd love to see Kuch or Stricker win it, both are such stand up guys, so likable to me.

Steve Elkington will win!!! wait he's not there
Rickie Fowler will win!! wait he's not there either
Tiger Woods will break out!!! again not there
That leaves me with my man JB Holmes!!! damnit apparently I back losers....

I think Phil is going to have a good week. As inconsistent as his year has been I think he will walk away with the Masters and Tour Championship. Possibly the FedEx Cup. I would like to see Matt Kuchar win the Cup. 11 top 10's this season, he has been the most consistent golfer this year.

Reactions: TC
Steve Elkington will win!!! wait he's not there
Rickie Fowler will win!! wait he's not there either
Tiger Woods will break out!!! again not there
That leaves me with my man JB Holmes!!! damnit apparently I back losers....

I think Phil is going to have a good week. As inconsistent as his year has been I think he will walk away with the Masters and Tour Championship. Possibly the FedEx Cup. I would like to see Matt Kuchar win the Cup. 11 top 10's this season, he has been the most consistent golfer this year.

finally!! you say something that i can agree with. funny post too dude.

finally!! you say something that i can agree with. funny post too dude.

wait are you agreeing with my picks or the fact that I said I back losers?

wait are you agreeing with my picks or the fact that I said I back losers?

both! but i do completely agree with your post. phil will walk away as the tour championship winner, fedex cup winner, masters winner, player of the year and the #1 ranking in the world. when he goes big, he just goes BIG!

Look at my Avatar (Kuch) and that's my pick to win this week.
I believe Phil Mickleson will fight a good fight and finish in the top three.
I will have to wait until after Friday to give you my disappointment pick :eek:).......
nawwwwww i will go with Strick even though he is one of my favorite players. I hope I am wrong....
Kuch for the win and the FedEx Cup!

All I know is that I'm working from home today and will be able to catch all the action, I can't wait!

I see a big fight between Kuchar and Dustin Johnson on this on, I just can't picture either one of those two playing poorly right now. My FedEx Cup preview pick was Zach Johnson, not sure what he needs to have happen in order to still win the cup but I know he'll need to win so he's my official pick.

I have to give the nod to Kuchar or Johnson. Both have played well all year.

Here we go, Mickelson's on his way to the first tee! GO Philly Mick!

I have a whole new appreciation for these guys game after playing 3 rounds on Bermuda grass, that sh*t is TOUGH!

DJ is my pick to win with a top 3 finish... Kooch will be in the top 5-10 but won't have enough points to win it all... Stricker or Day winning are also a possibility... dunno what lefty is gonna do but it'll be a great weekend of golf...

It doesn't look too easy out there, while the conditions look perfect the scores aren't real low. That goes to show how much of a monster East Lake can be!

Back