Kick-Ass (Spoilers)

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Ok I need some opinions here... I watched this last night and by the end of the movie I was staring at the screen wondering what the hell just happened.

No, I wasn't confused by the plot or the "message", just the fact that I had no idea this movie was gonna be like this. I can't figure out if the movie was really this stupid or I am missing something.

Help.

i think i felt the same way. for some reason i was expecting something more on the humorous side and got something on the kill bill side of things, which i really don't mind. i quite liked it though, but then again, i like over the top violence every now and then.

i think i felt the same way. for some reason i was expecting something more on the humorous side and got something on the kill bill side of things, which i really don't mind. i quite liked it though, but then again, i like over the top violence every now and then.

Yah the action scenes while ridiculous where amazingly well choreographed.

I was surprised by this movie in a positive way. I really had no idea what to expect so I guess it didnt have much to live up to. And I was also a little ddec'ed on the plane when I was watching it. So about half way through it, things got a little fuzzy. But it was good... lol

haha I think the problem is that the "super hero" was being portrayed by two nerds and a little girl.

Seems a bit backwards haha

I agree and with stupid names too. cant nerds come up with better names then kick-ass and red fuzz or whatever

haha I think the problem is that the "super hero" was being portrayed by two nerds and a little girl.

Seems a bit backwards haha
Its a comic book movie. Kick ass is quite popoular ( the comic) I had never heard of it up until the movie but my geek/nerd friends filled me in on it. It not a comic book "world" , its supposed to be a f@cked up world that is exactly like our own. Completly devoid of real super heroes, the main idea of the comic was the question "what does it really take to be a superhero?". Yeah it takes courage, but having a kung fu, bullet spewing, filthy mouthed 12 year old certainly helps in my opinion. I thought it had some of the best action scenes of the summer.

Comic's ten times as blo0dy and violent.

I agree and with stupid names too. cant nerds come up with better names then kick-ass and red fuzz or whatever
They're suposed to be teenagers. Whens the last time a 16 year old did something that you said was clever and appropriate?

Anybody see Scott Pilgrim versus the world? That is a movie I thought REALLy alienated the general public. Its another comic book movie, but it stayed true to its fans. I saw it with buddies and I was the only one in the theatre who didn't get ANY of the inside jokes in the movie. To me it was just about a boy in love who seemed to have a WAY over active imagination.

It was entertaining for sure but the 12 year old spewing profanities just wasn't funny IMO. Maybe this is making me sound old but when Robin Williams or Chris Rock swears it seems to me alot more funny then a 12 yr old girl. Who knows.

I loved her swearing.
"Ok you C$@ts lets see what you got" I was rolling on the theatre floor.
Don't forget her situation. Her father (nick Cage) was a wrongfully commited murderer (of his own wife no less) and he was bat sh!t crazy!! One scene he talks about the iomportance of the fearless hero that strikes fear in the hearts of the enemy. Thats why she's a cute and cuddly girl one minute and sweares like a sailor when she's hit girl.

PS The girl who plays HIT Girl is in a new movie called Let Me In. Its a remake of the Swedish movie Let the Right One In. If the remake is as good as the Sedish Version GO WATCH IT! Warning: It is a vampire movie, BUT its nothing like any vampire movie you've ever seen. Its good, Its NOT a horror, more romantic drama that happens to have vampires in it. (Way better than true blood hahaa)

Just finished watching this. Kick Ass = Awesome. Funny, great violence, and kind of sweet, too.

Kevin

I was staring at the screen wondering what the hell just happened.

This is exactly what I thought when the movie finished. I still don't know if I liked it or hated it. But, I am sure that that girl had to have set a record as the youngest person to ever use the C word on camera. Its just wrong.

Back