Breakthrough at the range today, or will it be gone next week?

Flooder

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've just come back from 4 hours at the range during which time I hit nothing longer that a 5 iron. For the past month I've been driving the ball well, chipping ok (this is usually my strength), but couldn't hit an approach (or any) iron to save my life.

This morning I'm talking to my wife about her clubs being adjusted following her fitting last week and mention that her hands need to be a little higher (butt of club pointing at belt line as Michael breed likes to say) and a lightbulb goes off :dohanim:

Well, when I made that adjustment to my set up this afternoon it led to some significantly improved ball-striking. After 150 balls I spent the second half of the time hitting hundreds of chips on the practice green and even though my chipping was good before, the higher hands helped here as well! :clapp:

Now if I can only see those results on the course next time I might finally be out of the hell that has been my summer of poor iron striking! :good:

I realllllly hope that it works out for you. I am one of the many frustrated practice guys. I can't tell you how many times I have had a "breakthrough" at the range only to go out the very next day and it doesn't work.
All of a sudden I had developed a bit of an outside in swing. To correct it, I started to practice swinging doing the "skipping the stone" or "frisbee" throwing swing. It was working tremendously. I must have hit 300 balls that day.

The next day I played and tried doing THAT swing... and I couldn't hit a ball at all. Everything went to the severe right.

Just like Clark Griswold said in Xmas Vacation..."Hallelujah! Holy sh**t Where’s the Tylenol?"

Back