Like Bama I like mine soft and chewy..I don't care for chrispy bacon at all.Reminds me of faux bacon bits.

I think there is a window to bacon perfection. I dont want it to soggy and I dont want it as hard as rock. I like it a bit on the crispy side, the trick is to put the bacon in the pan before you put it on the burner, and use cast iron of course.

I think there is a window to bacon perfection. I dont want it to soggy and I dont want it as hard as rock. I like it a bit on the crispy side, the trick is to put the bacon in the pan before you put it on the burner, and use cast iron of course.
There is a fine line.It's aquired through trail and error.
I was at a resturant that put it in the deep fryer.After one BLT there I never ordered it again.Cremated I tell ya..what a waste.

I know you other bacon lovers will scoff, but I'm not lying about this. My Dad makes the best bacon ever . . . in the microwave!

He has one of those bacon specific microwave cooking trays, and he has somehow perfected the art of microwaving bacon. It comes out perfect every time. Not too soggy, but not hard. Just crisp and tasty. The kind of bacon that almost crumbles and then dissolves into bacony goodness when you bite into it. Not too much grease, but not too little either. It's nothing short of miraculous.

EDIT: The microwave bacon tray:

31GGQ2YES9L._SS500_.jpg

EDIT #2: The bacon comes out like this:

bacon-main_Full.jpg

Re:Anyone LOVE bacon?

Re:Anyone LOVE bacon?

My mom has a similar tray to microwave the bacon. It turns out perfect!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My kid has a buddy who carries bacon around in his pocket and eats it all during the day. Very funny.

My dad using one of those trays too Harry, but he likes his bacon really crisp, and it does a good job at that.

There is some thick cut peppered bacon that has a heavenly texture my father found at Sam's Club. That is the best bacon I have ever had. It is good for my heart (emotionally if not physically).

Somebody once said that bacon should be it's own food group. I am in total agreement with whoever said that!

There is some thick cut peppered bacon that has a heavenly texture my father found at Sam's Club. That is the best bacon I have ever had. It is good for my heart (emotionally if not physically).

We buy the thick cut Fletcher's bacon at Costco - it's amazing! I've yet to find bacon anywhere that's as good.

Everything just tastes better with bacon :good:

A local pub used to have a 1/4lb hot dog wrapped with a 1/4lb hamburger wrapped with bacon (did that make sense?). The whole thing is deep fried. With a couple of cold ones to wash it down with - heaven. It think it was called the Heart Attack Platter or something?

Oh, and I am with the "less-crispy" crowd on this one. That's the only down-side to the above-mentioned monstrosity. Used to have a shirt when I was a teenager that said "Everything's better with bacon!" and had pictures of all kinds of foods wrapped in bacon. I wore the armpits out of that shirt. Ugh, now I'm hungry.

We buy the thick cut Fletcher's bacon at Costco - it's amazing! I've yet to find bacon anywhere that's as good.

The only thing I can think of that might be better is the "fresh" cut bacon that you can get at small grocery stores at the meat counter. Nice and thick. I was in Wally World the other day looking at bacon. I like to take my time to ensure that I pick the proper package of bacon but my wife was with me and someone else walked up so I wasn't able to look over my choices. I hope I grabbed a good package. My wife eats very little of it so I'm left eating 3/4 of the package myself.

sounds like a win.

Except for I forget about that and make me a 4 egg omlet to go along with the bacon and then I'm too full after all the bacon to finish my omlet.

Except for I forget about that and make me a 4 egg omlet to go along with the bacon and then I'm too full after all the bacon to finish my omlet.

At least you have your priorities straight. Bacon comes first!

HELL YES I LOVE BACON!

kevinbacon1.jpg

Met him once... very nice guy. Tips well. Does that make everyone on this thread 2 degrees then?

You guys might as well change this thread name to "Do fish like water?"

Re: Anyone LOVE bacon?

Re: Anyone LOVE bacon?

lemme tell you about my bacon today...

juicy burger, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions, blue cheese, toasted bun......

and bacon.

I'll miss you Fric and Frac... and your Blue Room Burger.

Bacon Vodka!

Bacon Vodka!

:D

Black Rock Spirits Bakon Vodka - Dear lord, it really does taste like bacon. Floating over the top of that familiar vodka burn is pure smoked porky goodness. In fact, the bacon flavors are a bit too pronounced to make this vodka to sip straight up, let alone as a shot. However, it begs to be mixed creatively. When paired with the right ingredients, there’s all sorts of fun to be had. Not surprisingly, it makes for what is quite possibly the best Bloody Mary of all time. Better yet, 1.5 ounces of Bakon with a raw oyster and a few dashes of Tabasco just begs to be a remedy for a brutal morning after. For mixed company, a better approach might be to swap the usual vodka in a Mudslide for the pig-laden variety, blending 1 ounce each of Kahlua, Bailey's and Bakon over ice for an incredibly creamy pork-bomb. Just don’t forget to check if any of your guests keep Kosher before you do.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010...con-vodka-berry-vodka-honey-vodka/?test=faces

Back