Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons Preview

I can't wait to see these up close and personal at the show next week.

These have been on my radar FOREVER.

They look powerful to me, when that head hits the ball, it's a lot of energy. Sweet looking club.

Those still look sweet, I'd love to bag one.

Hoping I can check one of these out this week. I think I would really like one of these.

Thanks for the pics Buck. I'm definitely interested in these. I stopped by GS the other day but they didn't have them yet.

Oooooh. That looks nice!

How much are these going for each?

Thanks for the pics Buck! I really hope I can hit these well. I had issues with the RBZ 4/5 irons that were built like that but we shall see.

Those look great in hand, not as bulky at address as what I was expecting to see.

So sad that they aren't available in LH yet...

I can't wait to see these up close and personal at the show next week.

These have been on my radar FOREVER.

Same here, Jman. I remember the first time I saw a pic of these early last summer I said I needed one...never even bought an i20 3 iron because I was waiting on this thing. Can't wait to hear some reviews on it, it looks sexy.

I think they were $199

Thanks Buck. Not too bad, though that's hybrid money. Think Ideal would be in a price between hybrid money and what a single iron costs.

So sad that they aren't available in LH yet...

Very sad indeed. I want to hit one. I also want to like Callaway this year, though they aren't exactly going in the right direction in terms of LH availability though.

As incredibly sweet as these look I am worried that they will be difficult to hit better than a traditional hybrid. I hope I'm wrong.

Very sad indeed. I want to hit one. I also want to like Callaway this year, though they aren't exactly going in the right direction in terms of LH availability though.

Harry and Chad said to me on Twitter that they would be made...but no release date was specified.

Has anyone hit these yet? I looked for them at Golf Town yesterday with no luck. I'm curious to see if it will fill a gap between my RBZ 3wood and my Rocketbladez 4i...

Is Phil bagging one or more of these? If so I have to have one.

I still have not and am itching to to or hear about someone that has already!

Got a chance to check these out yesterday I didn't get a chance to hit them and they didn't have a shaft that would fit my swing but they look good. I def see one or 2 in my bag. They look really great the top line of the blade looks great and thin it almost looks like a players iron and a hybo behind it.
jume8y9u.jpg
aduju8aj.jpg
2etetyja.jpg

Man that looks much better to my eye than a hybrid, i'm dying to hit these!

Has anyone hit these yet? I looked for them at Golf Town yesterday with no luck. I'm curious to see if it will fill a gap between my RBZ 3wood and my Rocketbladez 4i...

I've been a couple places and no luck for me as well. Boooo. I need to hit these ASAP! I want one. Or two.

I hit it two days ago. I love the look of this type of "hybrid" Reminds me of the ole driving irons. Sound is a little different than what I'm used to but I loved it. I hit it for about 15 minutes straight, and I wanted to buy one and I didn't even have a need for one in my bag....

:alien::alien::alien:

Back