Customized Putter

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
EDIT: Some pictures of the after on pages 3-5.

I have been pondering this for a while now and have decided to get my Nike BC 101 putter sent off to be customized. Anyone recommend a place to send it to that does good work and a good price?

Here is the putter.

NikeBC101-1.jpg

NikeBC101.jpg

I am thinking about getting this done to it.

Change where it says BC 101 in black letters to red letters. The dot between BC and 101 is blue, have that changed to black.

Have the 3 dots on each side filled in with red. They're white now.

Change insert to red.

There is also a white sight dot on top and Im not sure what to do with that yet.

Either change the nike swoosh on the bottom to red or leave it black. Not sure if its going to be to much red or not.

Idk if I want to change the whole thing to black or white. Or just leave it the color it is and change those things to it. Has a red method grip on it that Im going to change to probably and solid red Iomic grip.

Any thoughts or opinions on which way I should go with it? Lots of input is welcome.

Last edited:
I dont. But I would recommend going with the red-white-blue colour combo and leaving the insert.

I dont. But I would recommend going with the red-white-blue colour combo and leaving the insert.

Well If I cant change the insert then I will probably get it painted all black then go with blue instead of red. I kind of just want 2 colors instead of 3, but Im not sure what to do since idk if the insert can be painted or not.

Anyone else know?

Wish I knew Bridges. I like the ideas though. An all black putter with a blue insert would be pretty sweet..

So does anyone know a company that does this? I was told a while ago by someone but forgot the names. Was hoping to get a site or number so I could call and get an estimate and find out if they will paint the insert.

Mcgolf is meant to be pretty good. I'm in Oz and Kari Lajosi is awesome at making his own putters and pimpin'em up for you. His site is Lajosi.com.au

Mcgolf is meant to be pretty good. I'm in Oz and Kari Lajosi is awesome at making his own putters and pimpin'em up for you. His site is Lajosi.com.au

Ok thank you, I appreciate it!

edit: You sure he does other putters besides his own?

The paint fill,you can do yourself.The insert will be the tough part.I'd contact Slighter golf.I own a putter from him and it's been my gamer for 3 years.I keep trying to buy putters to try and replace,but I always revert back to his putter

The paint fill,you can do yourself.The insert will be the tough part.I'd contact Slighter golf.I own a putter from him and it's been my gamer for 3 years.I keep trying to buy putters to try and replace,but I always revert back to his putter

Ok thank you!

But you're saying that the insert can be done, right?

Insert is going to be a pain, it can be taken out but it might get damaged in the process. Im thinking about going ahead and doing it because if all else fails im only out 30 bucks since thats what the putter cost me then I can just buy another one if I have to. Not sure how difficult it is to get an insert out but have a feeling its probably not easy.

Its hard to see in the picture but there is some space between the insert and putter were it might just can be easily popped off. Not sure how that works though.

Good luck with this, hope it works out for a great looking putter.

Thanks! Hoping to get it sent out sometime next week.

Most of the refinish guys could even fit the putter up with a different insert like copper or bronze, totally different feel though so it may not be your cup of tea, black putter finish with a copper insert could be sweet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the refinish guys could even fit the putter up with a different insert like copper or bronze, totally different feel though so it may not be your cup of tea, black putter finish with a copper insert could be sweet though.

Never thought about that, but Have a feeling that might cost some extra. Trying to keep the cost down as much as possible, I sold one of my putters so I could help fund for this since I didnt want to have to use the money thats in the bank lol. Think I have mind set on all black with a red insert and some other things done in red. Just hope the insert will come out.

Sending the putter off on Tuesday or Wednesday. He isn't sure if the insert will come out may have to drill 2 small holes but when he gets it we are going to go from there.

Going to change it to black along with getting a few things done in red on it, hopefully the insert being one of them. Won't be anything crazy looking but I'm pumped to see what it's going to look like!

Who is the lucky guy you choose to do the work?

Who is the lucky guy you choose to do the work?

Going with Tom Slighter at Slighter golf. Thank you for the recommendation! Really nice guy and answered all of my questions in the emails and responded very quickly.

Putter is boxed up and going out on Wednesday, he probably wont get it till early next week though. Hopefully I will get some pictures of it while he is working. Cant wait to see what it looks like!

Going with Tom Slighter at Slighter golf. Thank you for the recommendation! Really nice guy and answered all of my questions in the emails and responded very quickly.

Putter is boxed up and going out on Wednesday, he probably wont get it till early next week though. Hopefully I will get some pictures of it while he is working. Cant wait to see what it looks like!

Tom is awesome, a true class act and one of three guys I would trust to refinish any of my stuff. Cannot wait to see progress when this kicks off!

Tom is awesome, a true class act and one of three guys I would trust to refinish any of my stuff. Cannot wait to see progress when this kicks off!

I know man, im pumped!

Back