Gray's review of the Vanitees

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I just got back from the course. Going to eat a bite, take a nap, drive the school Bus and then post my review this P M. I had three Seniors playing with me today and all of us used the Vanitees, excluding par3 holes, more about that later. Some interesting observations coming your way soon. Stay tuned :D

What was that - a promo? :rofl:

You drive a school bus?

I love nap's. Can't wait to hear it Grey!

Not to sound dumb but what is a vanitee?

I thought you drove a TaylorMade?

A Vanitee is a golf tee that looks like the Eiffel Tower sans croissants.

Not to sound dumb but what is a vanitee?

They are Eiffel Tower shaped tees that a few of us (myself included) got to test out.

can't wait to hear about your experiences with the vanitee. you could always use them as darts to throw at naughty kids on the school bus.

Just glad to see he takes a nap before driving the bus instead of while :)

can't wait to hear about your experiences with the vanitee. you could always use them as darts to throw at naughty kids on the school bus.

THAT = lawsuit!

What happened to the good 'ol days when bus drivers could stop the bus and spank the kids???

Spoiler
Just kidding! Just kidding!

THAT = lawsuit!

What happened to the good 'ol days when bus drivers could stop the bus and spank the kids???

Spoiler
Just kidding! Just kidding!

my old bus driver once stopped and told me to get off, that was in 1989 though. i never acted up on the bus again (until varisty sports :D)

Gray's Review of the Vanitees

Gray's Review of the Vanitees

Frist of all some of the comments after my post this afternoon had me laughing so hard! You guys/gals are just too funny! Yes I am a School Bus driver but not for long. Ok back on topic:

Vanitees next to tall regular tees

VANITEES -- Reviewed by four Senior Golfers

• B Sandefur 59 Yrs Old White Vanitee
• G Maddox 70 Yrs Old Black Vanitee
• B Maddox 66 Yrs Old Red Vaintee
• B Taylor 75 Yrs Old White Vaintee

When I arrived at the golf course this morning, I told the other guys I have something to review. I gave each golfer a Vanitee to help me with this review. First impression was, WOW these things are big.

Two of the guys had no problem with storing them in their pants pocket. The other two golfers felt better with the tees in jacket or sweater pocket.
Most golf bags have tee holders now or you can leave them in the cart tee holders.

They were impressed how easy it was to place the ball on the tee. That was a huge plus for them however they would have liked the tee made a bit smaller.

No one used the Vanitees on any of the par 3 holes (4) today. Every one of us prefer short stubs for par 3 tees.

We noticed that a few of the tees flew as far as 20 yards ahead after contact with the driver. A couple of Vanitees ended up behind the golfers with most of them being spotted from 2 to 10 yards from where the ball was teed up.

Hardest tee to locate was the black tee. Bill M wanted to know if they make a bright orange tee? We all agreed an orange one would be easier to locate although we found the red & white ones fairly well. A bright yellow Vanitee would be nice as well! B Maddox said he would like these tees with a tad smaller head and the body could be trimmed down somewhat. Just a smaller version would be a better overall fit. No one noticed any loss of distance from these tees. In fact all of us hit some really good tee shots with them. The oldest of the bunch hit some of the longest drives he has hit in some time :eek:) I was kidding him that it has to be the tees.

They liked the saving the trees (wood tee) concept as the Vanitee's are hard plastic. The tees did bend slightly for us but not enough to bother. Our course has had more than enough rain so the tees were easy to insert into the ground. Not using them on the par 3 holes may have kept them from being bent more.

No one liked trying to fix ball marks on the green with them. They hurt the fingers too much with the sharp prongs.

All of us enjoyed the tees. Everyone would be willing to play with them again, providing the cost was reasonable. Bargain hunting seniors are not willing to pay very much for tees. They find more tees than they can use during the week that weekend golfers leave laying around.

Great stuff Gray. thanks.

Nice review Gray Golf, good to read what you thought :) They are pointy!!

Thanks THP!

Thanks THP!

We had a blast with them. It was fun watching my older friends play with these tees. They enjoyed them and I bet they have some good conversations with other Senior golfers about them.

I will bring them out this weekend with the young bucks so that should be some fun. Some of them call my Tomahawx tees, boatmotors :D

Thanks GC and yes Mam, they do have some sharp points for sure :D

Great idea that you involved the other players! Very nice review.

good job Gray!

Interesting observations on pocketing them and fixing ball marks. Add me as another who liked hearing from the panel.

I can definitely see these coming out in lots of colors.

Thanks for the great review. It answered all the questions I had about them when I first saw the pictures of them.

Great job Gray. The picture really showed them well to size and the review was great hearing from multiple others. Good job!

Good writeup Gray. Glad they worked out for you and your group!

Excellent review Gray! :thumb:

Back