Honda Classic [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Opening tourney of the FL swing on the PGA Tour is this weekend and what are your thoughts and predictions. Not a great field if you ask me but some interesting things on the line. Still some spots left for the Doral event and players could make or break their chances in the Honda.

is it fair to say that i think a euro might win this? not sure who yet, but a euro nonetheless.

is it fair to say that i think a euro might win this? not sure who yet, but a euro nonetheless.

Hopefully that's the case since most of the fantasy lineup is of the Euro flavor. Most of their big guns are over the pond this week except for Kaymer. Most people are thinking McIlroy or Westwood.

Hopefully that's the case since most of the fantasy lineup is of the Euro flavor. Most of their big guns are over the pond this week except for Kaymer. Most people are thinking McIlroy or Westwood.

those are some pretty good picks and tough ones to go against. i'd like to see quiros win over here, fastest back swing ever!

those are some pretty good picks and tough ones to go against. i'd like to see quiros win over here, fastest back swing ever!

He's gotta hit fairways though. I've read some of the reviews on the tourney and they are very particular about the long ballers and how this course will reward the more accurate. So, no JB Holmes for me this week (but of course now that I said that he'll probably win the whole thing).

Hey JB, here's a pick for you... Tim Clark and his yellow Z*'s on the top of the leader board.

• Admin

Most are here tuning up for Doral next week.

He's gotta hit fairways though. I've read some of the reviews on the tourney and they are very particular about the long ballers and how this course will reward the more accurate. So, no JB Holmes for me this week (but of course now that I said that he'll probably win the whole thing).

Hey JB, here's a pick for you... Tim Clark and his yellow Z*'s on the top of the leader board.

I like him this week too actually.

• Admin
Wow, Davis Love put up a triple bogey on the 1st hole.

Sounds like the start of many of my rounds... thank goodness I didn't have DL3 on the slate this weekend.

Sounds like the start of many of my rounds... thank goodness I didn't have DL3 on the slate this weekend.

Mine too! And I didn't put him on my team in my league either.

Allenby is already 6 over.

JB, does THP attend any of the events during the Florida swing?

What would be kind of interesting is seeing what kind of clubs the players have in the bag when they are at the range. It seems to me that more and more pros and playing with GI irons, but I could be wrong.

JB, does THP attend any of the events during the Florida swing?

What would be kind of interesting is seeing what kind of clubs the players have in the bag when they are at the range. It seems to me that more and more pros and playing with GI irons, but I could be wrong.

If you check out our tour section you will see that we attended both Doral and Transitions last year and there are HUNDREDS of photos that are from DSLR cameras. We will be at Doral next week.

Once again, Villegas finds his name on the first page of the leaderboard after round one (and how sweet was that new JL sweater?). :D
Loving this season so far!

Once again, Villegas finds his name on the first page of the leaderboard after round one (and how sweet was that new JL sweater?). :D
Loving this season so far!

yeah, the cobra contingents are looking awfully good at the start of this year. camillo looks fantastic, poulter might be playing his best golf, and jb holmes has been strong to start the year. i'd like to see camillo get the W this week, he's played too good lately.

yeah, the cobra contingents are looking awfully good at the start of this year. camillo looks fantastic, poulter might be playing his best golf, and jb holmes has been strong to start the year. i'd like to see camillo get the W this week, he's played too good lately.
I know. It's only been a little more than a season since his last W, but it seems like he already has a huge monkey on his back. I feel like he could be one of the guys to take full advantage of the Tiger absence.

If you check out our tour section you will see that we attended both Doral and Transitions last year and there are HUNDREDS of photos that are from DSLR cameras. We will be at Doral next week.
Will you be playing?

They posted some big numbers. Three over was the average on day one.

Ok so I my pick is Davis Love III :D It's got to get better now?

Will you be playing?

They posted some big numbers. Three over was the average on day one.

Playing? Its a professional event. We are there to work. :confused2:

Ok so I my pick is Davis Love III :D It's got to get better now?

Actually compared to the field DL3 didn't do so bad. YE Yang on the other hand...

Camilo - working on 4 birdies in a row. 5 under for the round, 3 to play, leading the field by 4. :banana:

I love it when the pga schedules courses like this: difficult, punishing, and rewarding to those who are on top of their game.

Camilo - working on 4 birdies in a row. 5 under for the round, 3 to play, leading the field by 4. :banana:
And of course right when I say that... :banghead:

Just a bogey, not a big deal. He was on a roll though.

Whoohoo I have him on my fantasy golf :) along with Anthony Kim :joy:

Back