Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got to walk a sloppy 9 holes yesterday on our executive 9 hole course. The championship course was still closed because 3 holes were still completely covered with ice and snow. They did finally open the Executive 9 and the par 3 for walking only, so I got to try my hand.

It was ugly, but it was golf. That's an improvement from no golf. :D

Finally got to walk a sloppy 9 holes yesterday on our executive 9 hole course. The championship course was still closed because 3 holes were still completely covered with ice and snow. They did finally open the Executive 9 and the par 3 for walking only, so I got to try my hand.

It was ugly, but it was golf. That's an improvement from no golf. :D

Good for you Fourputt. I have to work a little longer this A.M. and then going to check out a course here. I would doubt anything is open out there and could call, but looking forward to the drive.

56 degrees possible today, still around 40 right now, but love that sun! :clapp:

edit: cooler the next few days with rain and strong winds starting tomorrow.

Good for you Fourputt. I have to work a little longer this A.M. and then going to check out a course here. I would doubt anything is open out there and could call, but looking forward to the drive.

56 degrees possible today, still around 40 right now, but love that sun! :clapp:

edit: cooler the next few days with rain and strong winds starting tomorrow.

Yeah... the front coming through tonight is staying north, so it probably won't have a big impact here. You'll see more from that than we will.

Sunny, 48 degrees

Wind: From WSW at 20mph gusting to 38mph

No golf today...

Sunny, 48 degrees

Wind: From WSW at 20mph gusting to 38mph

No golf today...

The wind may help you out in making your ball go further :D

The wind may help you out in making your ball go further :D

Thats the funny thing, the front 9 are all positioned so the wind is blowing across the hole, and the back nine, I think there are 2 holes where the wind would help, the rest are into, or cross wind... and with a 130 slope rating, it's no cakewalk to begin with!

My favorite wind hole is the #12 par 3, 178 yds, the green is elevated on a little hill, and the distance between the tee and green is a valley where the wind just funnels through. On a windy day like today, you have almost no chance of getting near the green, leaving you a 20 ft in elevation uphill pitch.

:D Maybe you can just play 9 holes :wink:

Thats the funny thing, the front 9 are all positioned so the wind is blowing across the hole, and the back nine, I think there are 2 holes where the wind would help, the rest are into, or cross wind... and with a 130 slope rating, it's no cakewalk to begin with!

My favorite wind hole is the #12 par 3, 178 yds, the green is elevated on a little hill, and the distance between the tee and green is a valley where the wind just funnels through. On a windy day like today, you have almost no chance of getting near the green, leaving you a 20 ft in elevation uphill pitch.

Well I made it to the driving range, but they will still closed. This is the course I hope to join this year and it looked as if they have some contractors inside remodeling. Between that and snow on the course, we'll be a while yet.

P1020203.jpg

P1020205.jpg

Whoo Wheee look at the snow :)

Well I made it to the driving range, but they will still closed. This is the course I hope to join this year and it looked as if they have some contractors inside remodeling. Between that and snow on the course, we'll be a while yet.

P1020203.jpg

P1020205.jpg

On a good note, there was no grass showing Monday!

Walked 9 on the big course today.... my game is still in the toilet though... 45 for the 9 holes... just bogey golf. The putter hasn't lost it's touch... only 12 putts for 9 holes, with a 20 foot birdie.

A locazl course is opening for the season tommorow at noon. Not bad for Maine. last year courses didn't open till mid April. So glad the snow stayed south of us this year.

Supposed to get in the upper 40s in Chicago this weekend. Might try to hit a course in the southern suburbs to get a round in... perhaps Cog Hill or even something further down in Indiana.

its supposed to be in the 50's this weekend and monday is supposed to be mid 60's... sweeeet

Sunny today, so maybe golf tomorrow :confused2: Chance of rain on Sunday, 90%. I think its going to rain that day :D

It's not too windy today! Maybe I'll duck out early to try the new balls.

Sunny today, so maybe golf tomorrow :confused2: Chance of rain on Sunday, 90%. I think its going to rain that day :D

Gotta appreciate the rain when you can get it in California. Your mountains are still green, in a couple months (or less) they will be brown again until next winter. Here, once winter is over, we usually have rain pretty often through the end of May!

Have you played the course before? Enjoy yourself!

I played it twice last year. It sit's just outside town about 5 miles or so from my house. Last year I played a cheaper course about 20 miles away because most my buddies played there, but hate the drive. May be a month before this one opens up, but counting the days, lol.

Gotta appreciate the rain when you can get it in California. Your mountains are still green, in a couple months (or less) they will be brown again until next winter. Here, once winter is over, we usually have rain pretty often through the end of May!

A lot of rain means pretty wild flowers coming pretty soon :clapp:

I played it twice last year. It sit's just outside town about 5 miles or so from my house. Last year I played a cheaper course about 20 miles away because most my buddies played there, but hate the drive. May be a month before this one opens up, but counting the days, lol.
I know what you mean. We are back to having snow on the ground.

The course sounds very convenient...you could go there in the evening and just play a few holes are get some practice in. :)

We are having great golf weather but I just spent over an hour trying to find a tee time that was not $100 or after 3PM for tomorrow. I finally used up a free round at a really good course so I didn't have to hock my truck to play. At least it is at 9:20 and close to the house.

Hey C-Tech, wasnt it you a week ago complaining that it was raining here in LA during the week, and the rain would hit AZ by the weekend? Well buddy, the golf gods have heard your cry of agony, and decided to shift the poor fate upon us LA folks... grrrrr.

Hey C-Tech, wasnt it you a week ago complaining that it was raining here in LA during the week, and the rain would hit AZ by the weekend? Well buddy, the golf gods have heard your cry of agony, and decided to shift the poor fate upon us LA folks... grrrrr.

We are going to have a good Saturday, but the rain is supposed to hit us on Saturday night extending through Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back