SprayTech

Reaction score
I have never played it but I had a helper years ago that was BIG into frisbee golf . He was always trying to get me to go with him as he knew I played regular golf , but I never did .
Kind of wish I would of at least gave it a try , as it was a big deal around here 15-18 years ago .
He had a disc bag that carried several disc's that he would use for shots , I remember him showing me his new putter disc .

Just was wondering if any one here has tried it ?
Almost every park here had a course to play at as it was free .

I am a better Disc Golfer than I am a real golfer. They don't handicap Disc Golf (per say) but I play at or near scratch. It is a lot of fun and a lot cheaper but I don't like playing by myself. When I moved last year I lost my regular playing group and haven't played much since then.

I carry about 25 discs, each one does something different. A lot of times you can trick a disc into doing something it wasn't meant to do, but there are simply some shots you can't pull off without a disc designed to do it.

I used to be a hell of a frisbee player when I was young , but never tried the golf , just wish I would of tried at least :D

I used to be a hell of a frisbee player when I was young , but never tried the golf , just wish I would of tried at least :D

It is 100% different than ultimate frisbee. In fact, getting good at disc golf KILLED my ultimate frisbee throws.
Its hard to explain, but you need so much more wrist snap and 'left to right' starting motion on a disc golf disc that someone coming from ultimate frisbee will do nothing but throw the disc almost straight up and VERY far left

I think I may of been fairly good at it as I could throw a disc so many different ways , could make it do almost anything I wanted .
But thats water under the bridge now ........ HA Ha

It's easy to try - just make sure you don't strain your shoulder - usually if I have not played in a while I end up over doing it - super fun game, much like golf where you really are just playing against yourself - it does help to have the heavier disc golf discs, especially if playing in any kind of wind - costs a couple bucks to play here

I've only played a couple times and I'm ok. I do have a friend who's in college and is probably scratch or a plus handicap. He also plays ultimate frisbee for his college and it doesn't seem to affect him. I actually just played ultimate with him for the first time and he is pretty good at it.

There is a 2 yr college that had a course set up when my wife was manager of sports store few years ago. The college talked them into getting carrying all the different golf discs for the school. She got everyone to go out before work and and plan was to try different discs. She wanted them to how to play and be able to answer questions if some should come up. Let's just say it didn't go over too well with the employees. It was hot....they played maybe 3 holes and wanted to quit.

I don't know if the course is still at East Georgia. I do know they are planning on building a disc golf course at Georgia Southern with the new land they bought from Southern Links Golf Course.

Back