Hello from Spokane

c_ault

Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday season.

Mine would be better if we didn't get over 2 feet of snow the last week and a half (really put an end to the golf season abruptly) and if family would at least give me a hint at what they want for Christmas (as if it wasn't stressful enough).

Unfortunately I didn't actually get a chance to play that much this year. Looking for and buying a house and then spending most free time doing yard work cut into my free time too much. I didn't even swing a club greater than a 7 iron this year. I think I made it to the par 3 about a dozen times. The par 3 here is the biggest bang for your buck, $15 to play all day as much as you want. My short game was getting into shape (still fighting a push but I may have figured part of that out) and was thinking about getting in a couple of rounds at the big course when the snow started falling. Oh well, at least I can always work on my putting.

I found my way to THP through Putter Zone awhile ago and have been enjoying the information here greatly. The reviews are informative, the forum friendly, and I've enjoyed the radio show while typing away at work. Speaking of radio, for a kick check out sixxsense.com, JB's radio voice sounds almost identical to Nikki Sixx's (at least to me).

I know I've enjoyed reading the forums the last couple of weeks and hopefully I can add something here and there (I mostly read at work so don't know how much I'll get around to posting).

Cheers

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Glad to have ya C_ault! You have come to the right place.

Welcome to THP, c_ault!

Welcome to THP and I feel you about the snow in our area. We never get snow in Victoria and then 2 weeks ago BAM! about a foot. Here at least it is all gone and the courses are back open.

Thank you all.

I am hoping that the snow will be gone by the end of the year. When the paper was reporting that this was in the top 5 of snowiest Novembers (now officially the snowiest) it said that 3 of the previous 4 snowiest Nov. the snow was gone by the new year. Hopefully this year will follow the odds.

Hello and :welcome:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP c_ault !

Great to see another Spokanite on the board.
Where in Spokaloo are you?
I lived in the valley till last December when the wife and I sold our old house and bought a newer one in Liberty Lake.

welcome!

Welcome to THP c_ault !

Great to see another Spokanite on the board.
Where in Spokaloo are you?
I lived in the valley till last December when the wife and I sold our old house and bought a newer one in Liberty Lake.

I live in the North Central area, was born and raised on the S. Hill. I work out in the valley off of Sullivan.

What are some of the better courses, I haven't really played golf very long and spend most of my time at Painted Hills/Chester Creek?

I'm partial to Meadowood and Liberty Lake.
They just reopened Liberty Lake this year after a 5 million dollar renovation to it and they did a great job.
The Creek at Qualchan, Hangman and Indian Canyon would be my next favorites in line.

What do you do in the Valley?

welcome to THP and we are glad to have you with us.

I'm partial to Meadowood and Liberty Lake.
They just reopened Liberty Lake this year after a 5 million dollar renovation to it and they did a great job.
The Creek at Qualchan, Hangman and Indian Canyon would be my next favorites in line.

What do you do in the Valley?

My job is kind of hard to describe. I'll just say that I am a desk monkey for a large financial corporation. :)

Thanks everyone again for the warm welcomes.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Spokane

Spokane

Welcome! My dad lives just north of Spokane. I hope to get out to come of your courses next summer when I visit.

Welcome!

Welcome from Seattle. I won't even put a silly remark about the Apple Cup on here. This year. :)

Welcome! My dad lives just north of Spokane. I hope to get out to come of your courses next summer when I visit.

I miss the Portland area. I lived in Vancouver, WA for a couple of years while going to school. I still have good friends down there. The first time I played golf was in Lake Oswego.

Welcome from Seattle. I won't even put a silly remark about the Apple Cup on here. This year. :)

Is La Cocina and Cantina still open on Broadway? I used to tend bar there.
The Apple Cup was a good game. I am actually a long time Husky fan. If I weren't a WSU alum I don't know if I'd be a Cougar football fan, I'm still mad at WSU for siding with the rest of the PAC-10 for the sanctions that led to Don James quitting.

Back