"Tiger Woods, You SUCK ... G*d Da**it" LOL

I didn't hear Tiger drop an F-bomb yesterday, but I did lip-read one yesterday on one of the greens. The only problem I have with that is that he said he would clean up his act: He shouldn't have said that, he should know himself better than that!

Different people handly the same situation differently. I will get mad at myself and might toss out a naughty word on the golf course, it does not mean that I am a classless oaf that does not know how to behave in general. I see nothing wrong with what he did at all.

That's how I feel too. I respect people who are religious and didn't apprciate him saying G-d Da**it but that doesn't bother me at all.

Different people handly the same situation differently. I will get mad at myself and might toss out a naughty word on the golf course, it does not mean that I am a classless oaf that does not know how to behave in general. I see nothing wrong with what he did at all.

I dont have a problem with any of his actions during the Masters. I do however have some issues with how he has behaved in the past. Glad to see he personally addressed it and made it known that he wants to "fix" it.

I also hate to hear the comparisons each time this comes up that "When I get mad, I let the F-Bomb out". It is a different story when you have millions of people watching you and you are paid to do it for a living. I love seeing emotion, but this is his job. If I go to the office and have a bad call on the phone, could you imagine the ramifications if I threw my phone on the ground and let out repeated F-Bombs? The golf course is his change to be a professional in a sport known as a gentleman's game. I am all for emotion, in fact I love it. But why does showing emotion have to involve language that others find offensive?

I think he proved this week that it does not have to. If they can say it on Prime Time TV, I have no issue with him saying it. Its the others I have issues with.

I didn't hear Tiger drop an F-bomb yesterday, but I did lip-read one yesterday on one of the greens. The only problem I have with that is that he said he would clean up his act: He shouldn't have said that, he should know himself better than that!

Change takes time. Give him a break. This is his first tournament since he has said he would make changes.

God Dammit isn't acceptable.He said that right after he told himself he sucked.

But that is your opinion because to me that is acceptable. That doesn't bother me. No matter what he won't be able to please everyone. Like I said I would rather see more emotion from people then see them with the same face shot after shot. Everyone has their own opinion of what is and is not acceptable and no matter what someone is going to be unhappy.

But that is your opinion because to me that is acceptable. That doesn't bother me. No matter what he won't be able to please everyone. Like I said I would rather see more emotion from people then see them with the same face shot after shot. Everyone has their own opinion of what is and is not acceptable and no matter what someone is going to be unhappy.

That brings up another thing I find comical. So many that go nuts on Tiger for this, are the same people we see complain about political correctness in so many other things. That to me shows that it is merely a Tiger thing, and not much more.

Change takes time. Give him a break. This is his first tournament since he has said he would make changes.

I don't think he will make changes. Good for Tiger, and my bad if he does. We'll see!

I don't llke to use the lords name in vain.It irks me.I believe in my God and try to respect him by not using his name in vain.

I don't llke to use the lords name in vain.It irks me.I believe in my God and try to respect him by not using his name in vain.

And I respect your feelings on that. However, I don't share the same feelings and it doesn't bother me at all. So as I said before it is unacceptable to you but it is completely acceptable to me.

My take on the Tiger "outbursts" is maybe a little different. While I am not trying to excuse Tiger's behavior, I do not think that it is out of the norm for professional athletes to use such language when in the heat of competition. Again, I'm not saying it makes it right, only that I think Tiger's behavior (even before the scandals) gets extra attention because of the way golf is broadcast. Usually, there is one individual in the frame and it is so quiet, anything that is said is heard by all. If you watch any professional (or college for that matter) you can read the lips of the players and coaches and it is clear that the language used is not the language most would use in front of their mother. However, the mics do not pick up what is said so it is ignored. A favorite clip of mine that I think exemplifies this is one of Peyton Manning. Peyton very much has created an image that is used to sell products. But he obviously speaks a little different on the field. Listen carefully, "Donald" is the running back who apparently screwed something up:

[video=youtube;VS-90x1op4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-90x1op4s[/video]

Again, I'm not excusing Tiger's behavior. I only think that his "outbursts" unfairly get more attention than other athletes because of the nature of the golf broadcast. I imagine there is more than one curse word said during an NBA, MLB, NFL, or NCAA game but I do not see threads discussing them.

Again, I'm not excusing Tiger's behavior. I only think that his "outbursts" unfairly get more attention than other athletes because of the nature of the golf broadcast. I imagine there is more than one curse word said during an NBA, MLB, NFL, or NCAA game but I do not see threads discussing them.

Could it also be the nature of the game and not just the nature of the broadcast? Being that golf is supposed to be a gentleman's game, and fans expect more? This is a sport that lets ones athlete police themselves, if you had that in any of those other sports, chaose would ensue.

Could it also be the nature of the game and not just the nature of the broadcast? Being that golf is supposed to be a gentleman's game, and fans expect more? This is a sport that lets ones athlete police themselves, if you had that in any of those other sports, chaose would ensue.

I agree that has a huge part to do with it. However, the nature of the game is still one of competition and I think most will agree that Tiger is one of the fiercest competitors out there. I also guess it goes to whether you consider cursing to be "un-gentlemanly" - a topic that from the posts above appears to have no consensus.

Again, I'm not trying to excuse anything Tiger does on the course (personally, I have a problem with the club throwing but not necessarily the cursing.) I think that, especially with Tiger who is known to curse, the networks have some responsibility to delay the coverage for 3-5 seconds or not have the mic in a position to pick up the words. On the video, when Tiger started with "you SUCK," I have no idea why somebody in the truck did not hit mute because odds were that more was coming. I understand this would not prevent the "patrons" from hearing the outburst, but such a practice would prevent the national broadcasting of what was said.

Thats the way I look at it too. Im not a religous man at all but I know that saying that can offend somebody so I try to refrain.

Thats the way I look at it too. Im not a religous man at all but I know that saying that can offend somebody so I try to refrain.

same here gasman, but let's be honest, tiger's a buddhist, it's not blasphemous to him.

same here gasman, but let's be honest, tiger's a buddhist, it's not blasphemous to him.

Haha but Buddha dammit doesnt roll off the tongue as well.

Haha but Buddha dammit doesnt roll off the tongue as well.

For better or worse that just cracked me up. Holy crap thats funny.

This is one of those things though where you'll always have two camps. Its like in coaching football, some guys are cussers and beraters while others are not. I myself never directly cuss a kid b/c I would not want my kids treated that way and I didn't like it when I was player, besides, you can get your point across much more emphatically without doing that. As far as what he said I'm like GG. I don't like Tiger at all, but, he's a competitor and when you're in the moment you don't want or have time to think about things like that. If you are in the moment worrying about your language etc. you are not focusing on the task at hand and that will cost you, thtas just the fact in sports.

Just my 2 cents though ya know, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

Whenever he does it, it reminds me of this.
Spoiler
[HULU]oktnl7pCfw_ju8Z6_A5kFw[/HULU]

This is what I love about the PGA, I love watching videos like this as well. The worst one was Vijays outburst at the Masters a couple years ago. I think it went something like you "G*d d**n f****t mo**er f****r

Wow, 11 minutes into the broadcast today and Nantz and Faldo are already talking about this lol

Jim Nantz chastised Woods today for using his profane language and the GD part...Says...

"If I use that on a telecast I'm fired."

Ok Jim compare you sitting in a booth calling a sporting event to a guy who's in the heat of competition.

Bravo Jim.....Bravo.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've always hated Nantz. He's an idiot.

Jim Nantz chastised Woods today for using his profane language and the GD part...Says...

"If I use that on a telecast I'm fired."

Ok Jim compare you sitting in a booth calling a sporting event to a guy who's in the heat of competition.

Bravo Jim.....Bravo.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I totally agree with Nance. I don't care who you are or what you are doing. Learning self control is part of growing up. I can't use expletives where I work and either should he. Women and children are present. Have some respect for them. The pressure excuse is a poor one. If your kid did it you would chastise him or her. We have become numbed to language and behavior that is appalling. Never hearing no or this is wrong for a long time has made us accept it as normal or OK.

Back