johnday

Your everyday 4J
Reaction score
Handicap
TOO high
We all know, Phil Mickelson isn't playing his best. Some people think he just isn't focused. Some think it's because his rival, Tiger, has been out and he isn't feeling as competative. What do you think about this and how do you think Phil will play in the Masters now that Tiger is back?

IDK Johnday.... but I know I'm gonna whoop up on you tomorrow. Anyway I think he gets a top 10 but doesn't win.

If they are paired together I think hes coming out hot. Phil gets that drive from Tiger to play good. Look at last years masters.

If they are paired together I think hes coming out hot. Phil gets that drive from Tiger to play good. Look at last years masters.

Until he put it in the water on 12.

I am hoping he plays well. He always adds drama to any round of golf. Sometimes good sometimes bad, but no matter what there will be drama.

I think Phil's spirit is as an entertainer. That what makes it so exciting to watch.

I would put Phil on my short list of guys I really think could win this year. He plays SO good there it's almost ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous, I think it's absurd that anyone would say that because TW is out Phil has been playing poorly. He isn't playing great, but really other than a couple of rounds he's not really playing awful either. I say Phil will be right in the mix all week and enters Sunday with a change to win it all.

Overrated.

:act-up:

Yes, but if i'm correct, Phil was 5 or 6 under after nine holes while playing with Tiger.

Some have selective memories.

Overrated.

:act-up:

We would expect nothing else from you. The guy that compared Phil's distraction to Tigers. Going all the way back to 1995, I believe the guy has won multiple times on tour each and every year. How that is overrated is beyond me.

We would expect nothing else from you. The guy that compared Phil's distraction to Tigers. Going all the way back to 1995, I believe the guy has won multiple times on tour each and every year. How that is overrated is beyond me.

Now JB everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they are obnoxious!

Now JB everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they are obnoxious!

When you get made a mod at THP, let me know. Until then, keep your thoughts on topic of threads and stop policing others.

I'm simply going to bring up World Rankings here. Currently Phil number 3. Number two for the longest time. Obviously he achieved greatness to get there. Overrated?

I compared them in that they both have distractions. I didn't compare the actual distractions themselves. I'm pretty sure I was quite clear on that.

And what's Phil done lately to warrant all of the attention he gets?

I compared them in that they both have distractions. I didn't compare the actual distractions themselves. I'm pretty sure I was quite clear on that.

Ummm He has won more recently than Mr. Woods I believe!

Ummm do you think at the end of this year he will still be above Mr. Woods? Speaking of keeping it on track (I know i'm not a moderator) but wasn't the original post about how phil is struggling, and not about distrations?

How about be the #2 golfer in the world? (Recently dropped to 3 I'm aware, but he'll be back to 2 in a matter of a few weeks I'm guessing) Based on how they do the rankings you wouldn't stay at 2 or 3 very long if you weren't continually playing well to contribute to your high ranking. Or in TW's case build such a lead that you can afford a break and still keep your spot. Dude, you're being ridiculous, don't try to drum up a fight when there is nothing to fight about. Obviously you like TW and not Phil, based on the title of the thread you KNEW what you were doing when you came into this discussion.

Ummm do you think at the end of this year he will still be above Mr. Woods? Speaking of keeping it on track (I know i'm not a moderator) but wasn't the original post about how phil is struggling, and not about distrations?

A question was asked about Phil's recent success. I compared that to the #1 player in the world. That seems pretty relevant. And again, when you are a mod here, you can make those decisions, we will not ask again!

Thats right JB. Phil hasn't been playing great lately, but at least he's playing unlike Tiger. You won't win every tournament but he is still ranked as one of the best golfers on tour.

Thats right JB. Phil hasn't been playing great lately, but at least he's playing unlike Tiger. You won't win every tournament but he is still ranked as one of the best golfers on tour.

I still think that tiger will end up higher then him in the money rankings etc.....just my opinion for what it's worth lol

Well halleliuah.

Do we want to compare Tiger's career wins to Phil's now too?

Last edited:
Well halleluiah.

Do we want to compare Tiger's career wins to Phil's now too?

i didnt bring that up. You asked what has he done lately. You got that answer!

i didnt bring that up. You asked what has he done lately. You got that answer!

Well starting at the Masters we will be able to see who will be on top at the end of this year......and I have a feeling it won't be Phil.....

I still think that tiger will end up higher then him in the money rankings etc.....just my opinion for what it's worth lol

I feel money rankings are irrelevant. Some tournaments pay out more than others, and that can really add up in the long run. World Golf Rankings are the most accurate way to tell how a player sizes up to another.

Well starting at the Masters we will be able to see who will be on top at the end of this year......and I have a feeling it won't be Phil.....

And i have a feeling it won't be Tiger. He has had too much going on around him. I have a good feeling he will be pretty distracted in his first tournament back.

Back