Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Kevin, you have the NHL playoffs going on right now. Your a Cheesehead, thats almost like being Canadian isnt it?

I am the anti-Canadian. I have an unpleasant history with French Canadians on fishing sites. I doubt I could get into NE Canada. LOL.

Never been a hockey fan.

Kevin

I am the anti-Canadian. I have an unpleasant history with French Canadians on fishing sites. I doubt I could get into NE Canada. LOL.

Never been a hockey fan.

Kevin
Haha, the French Canadians take their fishing pretty seriously.

Haha, the French Canadians take their fishing pretty seriously.

There's a number of guys guiding for musky on the French and Ottawa Rivers that would probably take me out and then drown me. They like to denigrate the U.S. and I've been known to respond to their poor attitudes with a special brand of humor. They have not taken it well. LOL.

Kevin

There's a number of guys guiding for musky on the French and Ottawa Rivers that would probably take me out and then drown me. They like to denigrate the U.S. and I've been known to respond to their poor attitudes with a special brand of humor. They have not taken it well. LOL.

Kevin

Is that a brand of humor we've seen, or do you save it for them?

I'm crushed no one got my obscure pop culture reference. Kevin, you're even old enough to know it. You must have behaved yourself in high school.

Is that a brand of humor we've seen, or do you save it for them?

I'm crushed no one got my obscure pop culture reference. Kevin, you're even old enough to know it. You must have behaved yourself in high school.

Let's just say it's more pointed and less kind than what you're accustomed to seeing. I didn't get the reference, fill me in. Good behavior was not something of which I was often accused.

Kevin

Kevin

Well I have no clue what a musky is but if you ever need some help taking on the French Canadians, let me know.

Well I have no clue what a musky is but if you ever need some help taking on the French Canadians, let me know.

I think he has a picture of one in the "show youself" thread. Nice fish too.

I'm down with that as well. One of my best customers was bought by FC's and my boss and I had lunch with the Canadian VP of Purchasing. Before lunch was even started, he went into this diatribe on how Quebec was better than the US and how we didn't know how to do anything properly. My boss at the time was a very large, very redneck guy with a world renowned temper. I had to kick him under the table more than once to keep him from punching this arrogant SOB.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that does not care for the misplaced arrogance of French Canadians.

The musky is the state fish of Cheeseland. Very sharp teeth. The one in the picture, while pretty long at 47", is quite skinny. I had one all the way to the boat on Eagle Lake in Ontario that was probably 54-55" long and 45+- pounds. Looked like a submarine when it came out of weeds and rocks and hit the bait in crystal clear water. I start to shake when I think about it. Typical "the one that got away" fish story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muskellunge

Kevin

I didn't get the reference, fill me in. Good behavior was not something of which I was often accused.

Kevin

Firesign Theater. Funnier if you're stoned.

Had a 7:30am tee time this morning and the guys I was going with canceled at the last minute. I decided to go it alone but was placed with another threesome I didn't know. WOW! By 9 these a-holes were hammered. I only played 9 because these drunken jackasses made it clear that having me in their group was a burden. Hope the cops got them on the drive home.

whatever happened to the days where i could get under the hood of my car and take apart my engine and put it back together again with just some simple tools... everything is computerized and you cant even inflate your tires without sensors going off... "stupid truck" *kicks*

I don't complain much about my knee because it affects skiing more than golf.

Today, I finally got around to the initial evaluation with the physical therapist. His assessment? I probably need a knee replacement. I want to shoot myself.

Today, I finally got around to the initial evaluation with the physical therapist. His assessment? I probably need a knee replacement. I want to shoot myself.

Well that blows. Sorry to hear it, Slim, but remember, a PT is a couple couple years away from being a doctor.

Kevin

Kevin

Claire, I am so sorry to hear that. Hopefully his evaluation is early enough in that you will get better news soon. We'll be thinking and pulling for good news.

Can someone explain to me why people who can't even pull into a parking space correctly going forward feel the need to back into one? I don't get it. If you CUT THE FREAKING WHEEL like you are supposed to when you back out of a space why are you trying to back into one? It takes NO LONGER to back out than it does to pull out straight. I can back into a space in one motion but I don't because it is just asinine, but I really am amused when someone tries backing in and can't get it quite right, pulls out BARELY adjusting themselves but thinking the parking fairy will take care of them, tries again, but fails....and on and on....finally after a good two minutes of effort all they have to show for it is the inevitable dent in their door because they STILL didn’t PARK RIGHT and left the guy next to them NO ROOM to get into their car.

I also get a laugh out of the nimrod who rides my rear about 2'' off my bumper for 5 miles because me going 65 in a 40 isn't enough for them. Then when they get the chance they blow around me like I am standing still. A few seconds later there I am right behind them at a light thinking "wow &#%$#% you really got a long way...haha."

Ok, life is too short to be all upset over traffic, but just some observations. If you are one of these people please take no offense. Just delight in the fact that some of us with higher cognitive functioning get a good laugh out of you ever now and then. Haha.....

Edit to add: I feel really awful posting this now. I hadn't read about your news Claire.....sorry to hear about this. Prayers coming your way.

The President is in town, so they've closed down all the streets around here causing uber amounts of traffic...who does he think he is...??!?!? haa haa haa

The President is in town, so they've closed down all the streets around here causing uber amounts of traffic...who does he think he is...??!?!? haa haa haa

Shhh comrade...... someone might hear you! LOL

Once again my stupid blood test came back way too thin. This is getting rediculous. I knew it was thin because a paper cut would bleed non-stop, but well over double what it should be? Guess I won't be chopping the tomatoes today.

Claire, sorry to hear about the knee. You keep this up and you'll be a bionic woman like my wife... We are taking bets on which part has to be subbed out next.

Seriously, with today's technology, even if it has to be replaced, you'll be as good as new. I play golf with a friend who has had his artificial knee for years and he works a physically active job and walks the course. You know how to rehab, you've done it before. You'll do great.

Can someone explain to me why people who can't even pull into a parking space correctly going forward feel the need to back into one? I don't get it. If you CUT THE FREAKING WHEEL like you are supposed to when you back out of a space why are you trying to back into one? It takes NO LONGER to back out than it does to pull out straight. I can back into a space in one motion but I don't because it is just asinine, but I really am amused when someone tries backing in and can't get it quite right, pulls out BARELY adjusting themselves but thinking the parking fairy will take care of them, tries again, but fails....and on and on....finally after a good two minutes of effort all they have to show for it is the inevitable dent in their door because they STILL didn’t PARK RIGHT and left the guy next to them NO ROOM to get into their car.

I also get a laugh out of the nimrod who rides my rear about 2'' off my bumper for 5 miles because me going 65 in a 40 isn't enough for them. Then when they get the chance they blow around me like I am standing still. A few seconds later there I am right behind them at a light thinking "wow &#%$#% you really got a long way...haha."

Ok, life is too short to be all upset over traffic, but just some observations. If you are one of these people please take no offense. Just delight in the fact that some of us with higher cognitive functioning get a good laugh out of you ever now and then. Haha.....

Edit to add: I feel really awful posting this now. I hadn't read about your news Claire.....sorry to hear about this. Prayers coming your way.

Well said. The one thing that drives me nuts are the people doing 60 in the fast lane. Come on people, move.

Yeah, careful what you say. The last thing JB and GG want is a government "takeover" of this forum! :D

My Rant.
The THP Outing is over and of course now it is sunny and beautiful...We still got 2 days of golf of course. But we wish the outings were possibly a couple of more days of golf. It was that much fun.

With that being said we are working on the next one already and it is going well. However we want something even more special, so it is taking time and as usual, I want to announce things already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back