JTnumbers

College Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Me and PD were talking about it in the PM's and we figured we should make a thread.

It's basically NASCAR, on all road course and with drivers who like to race mostly dirty. So yeah, it's awesome.

The new car doesn't bother me. I'm a Shane Van Gisbergen fan myself, also like Winterbottom. Used to love Ambrose when he was in the series. Now I love him in NASCAR. Hate Whincup.

Favorite track/race is Gold Coast, followed closely by Bathurst.

The Giz is solid. He certainly ruffled some feathers in the off season leaving DJR saying he was burnt out and then signing a deal with Teckno Autosports and bringing VIP Pet Foods with him, but good to see him in a Holden.

I like the new car, because its caused some parity, but I like the purity of the old car. Have to say that I'm a Triple 8 Race Engineering fan. Now better known as Team RedBull Au. Whincup is their version of Jimmy Johnson. Fairly young, has won a bunch, was a little wild his first year or two and you either love him or hate him.

Have to say that Bathurst is my favorite track with Symmons Plains and Winton being 2nd and 3rd.

Sounds as though I don't follow this as well as you two, but I watch Bathurst yearly.
I'm a BIG follower of F1 and Le Mans style racing, ALMS, and endurance racing in general.

I love watching V8 Supercars, but on SPEED we get the half hour version that doesn't show anything. The new Holden looks sexy, as does the Ford Falcon (but I loathe Ford). I don't get much news but now I may have something to keep me up to date! And Bathurst is a pretty good race.

I wish I could watch that regularly. V8 Supercars and DTM are like Nascar, but 100x better!
Here's a sweet video promoting the V8 Supercar race in Austin:

I'm considering picking up there on-line stream coverage now that I have much faster internet connection than I had. Its 50 ASD, which is around 47 or 48 in our monies I think. Yeah the Speed coverage is a real downer, but its better than nothing. The races usually show up on YouTube after a little bit of time. V8 Supercars is a pretty active on Twitter, and Instagram, but not as much on Facebook. Another good source for breaking stuff is a magazine called Auto Action. I follow them on both Facebook and Twitter and they broke Benz coming into the series 3 months before it happened and RedBull replacing Vodafone at T8. For those who like the Holden we will be able to purchase that pretty shortly here in the Chevrolet SS. The last generation version of the Holden is the Pontiac G8 here.

Yeah I really follow this series pretty close...or at least as close as I can from 15k miles away..lol

Triple 8 makes it a clean sweep over the weekend. Lowndes gets number 91 and Whincup gets the back 2. Looks like T8E is getting a hold of the new car now. They struggled early but have been finding a groove with the new car. I still think they are struggling some with the soft tires but they seem to be masterful on hard tires. Which is a little opposite from last year. Good to see Jason Bright on the podium this weekend as well...seems like a real class guy.

Less than 2 weeks V8 SuperCars make their first stop in North America at the Circuit of Americas. A dedicated grand prix track built in Austin, TX. Lots great reviews from the guys that have came over to check the track out and that have made laps.

So interesting stories came out this week. One revolves around T8 and the around the series.

Its been said that the last couple of years that Jamie Whincup has gotten better equipment than teammate Craig Lowndes. Team boss Roland Dane, hated by many, has came out in support of both team engineers saying they have access to the exact same equipment and data as the other. Both team engineers have even said that even if they wanted to keep info to themselves it would be impossible because they share offices and and sit next to each other at the races and share the data from the cars.

The other issue thats up for debate with the Owners Commission and Governing body is minimum weight. The Fords are having an issue getting there. Most all of the Holden teams are there, the Nissans and the Benz are getting close. Alot of the Ford teams say they having issues getting there because they don't have a aluminum bonnet and boot lids. Everyone else has these as production options, Ford doesn't. Since this serise uses OE body panels this is putting Ford at a disadvantage they claim. Talk is they are talking about raising the minimum from 1400kg to 1410kg or that range. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of race weekends.

This is hilarious

This is hilarious

Bathurst - or The Great Race.

Absolutely fantastic race held on that track. Look forward to it every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Some awesome racing been on since 4 at the Circuit of the Americas. Great stuff.

Back