Adams A7 Feedback

airguard

Reaction score
Christchurch, New Zealand (USPS / APO Address)
Handicap
I apologize if this has already been discussed but I searched the site and found nothing.

I am a 21 handicapper right now but it swings anywhere from 18 to 22. I’m 60 in pretty good shape and play once a week just about year round (still work 6 days a week).

I have a set of knock off Ping irons with regular graphite shafts that I purchased new about 13 years ago. At one point I hit them extremely well but time has taken its toll and I need a bit more help now.

I have replaced all my woods with, TM R-7 Ltd driver, TM 2008 3 wood, TM 2010 5 wood and TM 2008 3 and 4 hybrids, all with regular graphite shafts and all of which I hit well (most of the time).

I would like to upgrade my irons and have been considering the Adams A7s (regular graphite shafts). As they come with the 3 and 4 hybrids I am not averse to trying those as well. I have read good things about the A7s but not a lot from owners themselves.

Does anyone have any feedback on these irons? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The world economy has taken its toll on us so price is a consideration but not the driving force.

i've actually never hit them, but i gave a set to my father in law last year and he loves them. he's almost 60 himself. ironically, he has his own hybrids as well, but loves the 6 iron thru the PW. i can't offer any more than that. i'm pretty sure forum member seemoreguy had them at some point, hopefully he'll catch this thread.

Have you tried them yet?

I love them. There is a very good chance they will be in my bag next year. Nice thin looking iron with some forgiveness. 5i is a nice filled cavity giving lots of forgiveness and not too bulky of a look. The hybrids are IMO some of the best on the market. And the price is better than most all other brands for the same quality of equipment.

I am currently playing them as well. Was fitted at Golftec this year, it was between the A7s and the Mizuno 1000s (both steel). According to the launch monitor for me the Mizuno's were a few yards longer but the A7s were a little more accurate. With a price difference of about $500 I chose the A7s. I love the irons, the hybrids however I am not as fond of. I do think they are absolutely worth considering.

I am currently hitting the Adams A7 5i-pw. I think they are very good clubs and they offer plenty of foregiveness. They also don't have a real chunky look when compared to other GI irons.

My suggestion would be to demo the clubs before you buy.

Have you tried them yet?
Not yet, still in the planning stage, but would like to buy within the next few months.
Always admired Tom Watson and the fact that he is sponsored by Adams is one of the reasons I even looked at them. Silly but true.

Back